Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D] Survivor Upgrades

Post New Thread Reply   

olj
Veteran Member
Old 08-13-2009 , 15:49   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #361

MOTD broken for me since 1014 , but removing plugins wont solve it for me. Valve screwed it again.
Old 08-13-2009 , 18:00   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by illkid69 View Post
thanks for the plugin. my friends and i are having a lots of fun with this plugin.
(...)
Anyways, Whosat, i hope you can solve this issue. Thanks in advance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by olj View Post
MOTD broken for me since 1014 , but removing plugins wont solve it for me. Valve screwed it again.
MOTD issues are not due to code in the plugin, its due to L4D itself - seems to have some stuff going weird when survivor_upgrades is set to 1. Some people seem to have it fixed by setting motd_enabled 1. Try doing that (Mine was fixed by doing that)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Llama View Post
I've been testing Whosats upcoming pluging dating back to krx_surup v0.1.0. through the current version krx_surup v0.5.2. I've not experienced the troubles seen with Jeriths version as reported. MOTD is working fine.
Yeah Have you tested Versus? Upgrades should be re-given for each team every teamswap and mapchange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexantis View Post
Yeah, the jerrits thing is soo broken that it brokes me too :O im looking forward to yours whosat ^^
Haha he seems to be signing in here from time to time but he never checks his PM
His last sign-in was two days ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraizen View Post
Okay, well my main problem with it was that the survivor upgrades were spawning sporadically. Even though I set the config to regive random upgrade at the start of every round, some players (sometimes entire teams) were not receiving any upgrades :/

This was typically on the second round of a campaign in versus.

I've had to downgrade till issues are fixed :/
Yeah I think I've fixed it to give upgrades on every teamswap and mapchange. Testers are still confirming if it works.
Apart from that, I'll get the translations for the help commands fully working then I'll put it up
Old 08-13-2009 , 18:08   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #363

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexantis View Post
Yeah, the jerrits thing is soo broken that it brokes me too :O im looking forward to yours whosat ^^
Its not "soo" broken, it works fine for me except for bug with giving upgrades twice and burning witch. Fixing those and adding extra features will make Whosat's version much better, so, we all waiting
Old 08-14-2009 , 04:58   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosat View Post
MOTD issues are not due to code in the plugin, its due to L4D itself - seems to have some stuff going weird when survivor_upgrades is set to 1. Some people seem to have it fixed by setting motd_enabled 1. Try doing that (Mine was fixed by doing that)
well, i've solved the MOTD issue by adding "motd_enabled 1" at my server.cfg and now the MOTD window will pop out every time on map start!
lol thanks ya~ (last time i just checked at the console there but i didn't add the cvar at my server.cfg)

[IMG]http://img33.**************/img33/2849/76470751.png[/IMG]
anyways, there is another issue.
when some player back from "Take a Break", he will get these upgrades. Knife and Second Wind will be used, and in the end, the player will only get two upgrades - Goggles and Laser sight only.
I'm not sure what cause this... anyways, it's not a big deal.

p/s: can't wait for your new update!
Whosat
Old 08-14-2009 , 05:01   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #365

Yup yup that's been fixed already.

I'll prolly add an automatic cvar setting of motd_enabled to the plugin, for the convenience of you serverops
Old 08-15-2009 , 08:55   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #366

[L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades v1.0.0

Please post your questions regarding that plugin over on that thread
Old 08-17-2009 , 14:30   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #367

I wonder if there's any way to add extra item entities into the randomized selection to put in some of this. (or maybe new guns) I'd love to have an actual flare gun as an alternative to dual pistols randomly spawn.
Number Six
Old 08-18-2009 , 01:17   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #368

I researched a jerrith version custom light with just witch bug on fire fixed and if possibility motd fixed , just that !
thx in advance .

Whosat
Old 08-18-2009 , 03:47   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #369

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohlberg View Post
I wonder if there's any way to add extra item entities into the randomized selection to put in some of this. (or maybe new guns) I'd love to have an actual flare gun as an alternative to dual pistols randomly spawn.
New upgrades, yes but probably not to the extent of new weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number Six View Post
I researched a jerrith version custom light with just witch bug on fire fixed and if possibility motd fixed , just that !
thx in advance .
From what I understand you're looking for a customised Jerrith's Survivo Upgrades that has only the witch fix and the motd fix?
Old 08-18-2009 , 08:24   Re: [L4D] Survivor Upgrades
Reply With Quote #370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosat View Post
New upgrades, yes but probably not to the extent of new weapons.

From what I understand you're looking for a customised Jerrith's Survivo Upgrades that has only the witch fix and the motd fix?
it's a perfect plugin for me , just this 2 bugs need removal .
my server regulate on vs hard , and the jerrith plug equal team perfectly surv vs infected.

Last edited by Number Six; 08-18-2009 at 08:26.