Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

DrWagstaff
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-15-2010 , 21:30   What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

I'm currently at gameservers. It's usually fantastic, but I get these really annoying lag spikes once or twice a day, and I'm fed up with it. I need a really mature server host with stable connections that doesn't overburden their network to sell more servers. Can you guys give me your experiences with certain hosts? Pricing isnt really an issue, I'd rather get what I pay for. Thanks
Send a message via AIM to DrWagstaff
devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 05-15-2010 , 22:17   Re: What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

Gameservers.com. I can tell you with 100% certainty that neither the network nor machines are overloaded. Open a ticket if you are having lag issues.
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-16-2010 , 02:50   Re: What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devicenull View Post
Gameservers.com. I can tell you with 100% certainty that neither the network nor machines are overloaded. Open a ticket if you are having lag issues.
You work for friggin gameservers if I'm not mistaken.
devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 05-17-2010 , 22:27   Re: What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWagstaff View Post
That's exactly how I know...
Old 05-23-2010 , 15:06   Re: What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

Quote:
Indeed he does, hes the chan owner in their IRC lol, thus hes prob the actual owner.

I've used a few myself, gameservers is more money for a 32 slot, and bad lag spikes.

XFactorServers is decent and cheap, only downfall is an understaffed support team, you get way more options than GS, though. If you dont need much support its a good pick.

I've also used a few others that ended up being worthless to the point of me not even mentioning, if I had to pick a GSP it would either be XFS or GS, depending on what I wanted, of course.

Recently I found I could run servers off of dreamhost VPS's for $11/mo per, not something I would suggest if you cant work nix shells, but if you've got some experience, theres a thread in this forum I made linking to a tutorial, I wont link to it here as its obvious advertising to the max, just search for it, you'll find it.

Short answer?

GameServers if you need nonstop support
XFS if you want cheap servers that perform well
DreamHost PS if you're experienced with Linux.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 05-18-2010 , 17:01   Re: What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devicenull View Post
Device is biased! Id have to go with NFO(nuclear fallout), saves you from all the BS that for profit GSPs tend to exhibit.

This is the billionth thread on the subject.

bluechester
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-16-2010 , 00:46   Re: What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

The best hosting you can get for a TF2 server would be hosting one yourself on a server located in a data center. If you're talking about an actual GSP then discountgameservers.com is the way to go.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 05-16-2010 , 01:56   Re: What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

Everyone has their own opinion concerning GSPs. Some people have bad experiences with certain GSPs and will talk them down no matter what you say, and others enjoy their service so much they'll praise them to high heaven. If you want the best of the best, then bluechester has the right idea. Otherwise, try getting a list of GSPs that seem reputable and then start looking at their customer reviews (not the ones hosted on their site, google and look around).
Old 05-16-2010 , 02:34   Re: What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

Is discount gameservers really that good? I really want to ditch gameservers. Give me some testimonials guys, I feel like when I google it's all messages planted by companies' marketing people.

Last edited by DrWagstaff; 05-16-2010 at 02:48.
bluechester
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-16-2010 , 04:29   Re: What's the best USA server hosting company for TF2?

Quote:
Is discount gameservers really that good? I really want to ditch gameservers. Give me some testimonials guys, I feel like when I google it's all messages planted by companies' marketing people.
The CS 1.6 server in my signature is ran under them. They are the sister site of Nuclear Fallout. They have probably the best control panel, most stable FPS, and best bandwidth provider in the USA. (I'd say the world, but it would be an opinion.)
Closed Thread