Quake Sounds v3 [6th-Jun-2016]

Post New Thread Reply   

paulo_crash
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-02-2021 , 17:33   Re: Quake Sounds v3 [6th-Jun-2016]
Reply With Quote #471

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereLost View Post
Download through the browser works just fine, other servers are having the same issue, I really doubt these huge communities are having troubles with FDL, has to be the plugin.
So we have to see these huge communities there, I just joined the Warmup DM FFA servers, they have quake and the audios worked normally there.
SomewhereLost
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-03-2021 , 09:54   Re: Quake Sounds v3 [6th-Jun-2016]
Reply With Quote #472

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo_crash View Post
So we have to see these huge communities there, I just joined the Warmup DM FFA servers, they have quake and the audios worked normally there.
Yes they do once you put those files manually in your csgo directory, otherwise they are not downloading, for me at least.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-03-2021 , 10:26   Re: Quake Sounds v3 [6th-Jun-2016]
Reply With Quote #473

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereLost View Post
Yes they do once you put those files manually in your csgo directory, otherwise they are not downloading, for me at least.
I downloaded it from the server myself. Here's a screenshot with the server's FastDL downloaded by the game.

I didn't have the files, I deleted the entire sounds folder of my CSGO, I checked the integrity of my game and logged into their servers.

I believe that in your case there is a problem with FastDL, I recommend contacting your host, checking if the download link is really correct, and so on.

Problems in FastDL unfortunately only the host can help you.

Also make sure you have enabled the download for your CSGO.
  • cl_allowdownload 1;
  • cl_allowupload 1;
  • cl_downloadfilter all;

Last edited by paulo_crash; 12-03-2021 at 10:29.
SomewhereLost
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-03-2021 , 13:26   Re: Quake Sounds v3 [6th-Jun-2016]
Reply With Quote #474

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo_crash View Post
I downloaded it from the server myself. Here's a screenshot with the server's FastDL downloaded by the game.

I didn't have the files, I deleted the entire sounds folder of my CSGO, I checked the integrity of my game and logged into their servers.

I believe that in your case there is a problem with FastDL, I recommend contacting your host, checking if the download link is really correct, and so on.

Problems in FastDL unfortunately only the host can help you.

Also make sure you have enabled the download for your CSGO.
  • cl_allowdownload 1;
  • cl_allowupload 1;
  • cl_downloadfilter all;
Apparently I had my cl_downloadfilter set to nosounds, I'm downloading them just fine now. Even after I reinstall the game it automatically comes with "nosounds". I suppose a few people might experience the same thing, too bad we can't force client commands on them.

Last edited by SomewhereLost; 12-03-2021 at 13:26.
Send a message via Skype™ to SomewhereLost
misterchamps
Old 12-31-2021 , 00:01   Re: Quake Sounds v3 [6th-Jun-2016]
Reply With Quote #475

Hey guys!

I use "AbNeR Round End Sounds V4.0.1" on my server too, which makes a song play at the end of the round, but when that song starts playing, and some Quake sound action is activated it stops the song.

Is there any command to keep the sounds superimposed? without stopping each other?
pagedMov
Old 02-05-2022 , 00:38   Re: Quake Sounds v3 [6th-Jun-2016]
Reply With Quote #476

Hey, I just recently installed this mod for my TF2 server, but whenever the text is printed on-screen, the {1} is not replaced by the player's name. Any way to fix this?
Sandervraun
Old 04-01-2022 , 19:19   Re: Quake Sounds v3 [6th-Jun-2016]
Reply With Quote #477

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterchamps View Post
Hey guys!

I use "AbNeR Round End Sounds V4.0.1" on my server too, which makes a song play at the end of the round, but when that song starts playing, and some Quake sound action is activated it stops the song.

Is there any command to keep the sounds superimposed? without stopping each other?
I don't think anyone ever brought attention to this guys comment. I would also like to know if that is possible. I use MVP sounds...
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 04-01-2022 , 19:44   Re: Quake Sounds v3 [6th-Jun-2016]
Reply With Quote #478

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterchamps View Post
Hey guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandervraun View Post
I don't think anyone ever brought attention to this guys comment. I would also like to know if that is possible. I use MVP sounds...
Edited plugin, which look round_end and stop playing quake sounds.
- Dunno will this work.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (quakesoundsv3.sp - 144 views - 40.5 KB)
Old 05-04-2022 , 02:49   Re: Quake Sounds v3 [6th-Jun-2016]
Reply With Quote #479

Hello, as a first post in AlliedModders, here's an improved Quake Sounds I called it v4 !

So, I dismissed the text announcements, and improved the menu, also, if you want to have for say 3 kills to Multi-Kill, 4 to Mega-Kill, and so on, you can also have the headshot sounds ! I use it on a Retakes server. So, as available, it is configured for this purpose. Drag and drop, should work.

Make sure to upload the sounds both in your server's csgo/ folder, and in your fastdl.

The rest of the plugin should be working as expected, until you make another use for it that I/we didn't expect !

Big up to our boy Spartan_C001 !

PS : If anything I can change the versioning or whatever, I didn't know what to do with it, so I thought I'd share it !
Attached Files
File Type: zip QuakeSoundsV4.zip (553.1 KB, 265 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (quakesoundsv4.sp - 226 views - 32.4 KB)

Last edited by d3nz; 05-04-2022 at 02:50.
misterchamps
Old 05-30-2022 , 20:45   Re: Quake Sounds v3 [6th-Jun-2016]
Reply With Quote #480

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi View Post
Edited plugin, which look round_end and stop playing quake sounds.
- Dunno will this work.
Thank you so much for the support Bacardi! Tested here and unfortunately still interrupts the music. I already had a "cs source" server, and basically used the same addons, and I would never have this problem :/

Last edited by misterchamps; 05-30-2022 at 20:46.