Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

How do I setup a CSGO dedicated server with hamachi as a vpn tunnel

Post New Thread Reply   

C1assicCanuck
Old 10-16-2020 , 02:25   How do I setup a CSGO dedicated server with hamachi as a vpn tunnel
Reply With Quote #1

I want to setup a csgo dedicated server for me and my friends to mess around in. I have installed a few plugins, like retakes and some extensions for that. When I load the server up, it shows my local IP as my hamachi IP. Good, but if I load my game client up to connect to it, it connects, loads the bar to the end, but then kicks me to the title screen instantly. I have another computer I can run the server on if needed. But I still prefer it on my main rig. I have tried to use sv_lan 1, but if I try to connect it tells me that only people on the internal lan connection are permitted to join the server. I don't know what to do now.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 10-16-2020 , 04:53   Re: How do I setup a CSGO dedicated server with hamachi as a vpn tunnel
Reply With Quote #2

Hamachi does the insanely crazy thing by hijacking IP addresses held by another organisation (e.g. for 25.x.x.x, they are stealing IP addresses held by the UK Ministry of Defence) for use in their Hamachi tunnels.

Such IP addresses are not "local IP addresses", even if Hamachi claims they are:

Local IP addresses, that CSGO can bind to, unless there is a GSLT attached are the ranges:

10.0.0.0/8 (10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255)
192.168.0.0/16 (192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255)
172.16.0.0/12 (172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255)

Addresses in other areas than those mentioned above are *NOT* "local IP addresses", and won't work for CSGO servers without a GSLT attached.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
C1assicCanuck
Old 10-16-2020 , 05:38   Re: How do I setup a CSGO dedicated server with hamachi as a vpn tunnel
Reply With Quote #3

I have a login token attached. I cannot port forward in my current situation, that is why I am trying to use hamachi. If you have an alternative I would love to hear it and try it, I really just want to get this thing running.