Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

ECStatic Check (Anti-Cheat) [Anthrax]

Post New Thread Reply   

10Stars
Old 11-14-2006 , 03:54   Re: ECStatic Check (Anti-Cheat) [Anthrax]
Reply With Quote #111

Again, this versions amx_eclist doesnt work.

Im 10 $74|2$.
Send a message via AIM to 10Stars Send a message via MSN to 10Stars
|PnC| green
Old 11-16-2006 , 14:46   Re: ECStatic Check (Anti-Cheat) [Anthrax]
Reply With Quote #112

ya i cant get the amx_eclist to work either and i have all admin flags..

also is there anyway to have this plugin create a log file of possible cheaters?

Last edited by |PnC| green; 11-17-2006 at 22:50.
Old 11-17-2006, 21:31
Anthraxnz
This message has been deleted by Freecode. Reason: off topic
pulpy
Old 11-18-2006 , 01:21   Re: ECStatic Check (Anti-Cheat) [Anthrax]
Reply With Quote #113

amx_eclist isnt reporting anything, doesnt say bad command, but it shows nothing, aswell as the amx_ecban, or anything else...
Old 11-18-2006, 06:40
blade12
Old 11-18-2006, 07:54
pulpy
Crazed
Old 11-18-2006 , 08:09   Re: ECStatic Check (Anti-Cheat) [Anthrax]
Reply With Quote #114

I dont know if this is already said but in the newer version of EC and other cheats they removed that setinfo flag.. only the older once are detected by this plugin and those are already on the VAC ban list.
Vm|Mayhem
Old 11-19-2006 , 00:01   Re: ECStatic Check (Anti-Cheat) [Anthrax]
Reply With Quote #115

I still ban 10 a week...not bad...lol who said cheaters were smart?
Send a message via AIM to Vm|Mayhem
Crazed
Old 11-19-2006 , 01:38   Re: ECStatic Check (Anti-Cheat) [Anthrax]
Reply With Quote #116

hmm ok then I think they once used a cheat and did not remove that cheatinfo part. And most cheaters are uber noobs thats why they download cheats.
TheNewt
Donor
Old 11-20-2006 , 18:32   Re: ECStatic Check (Anti-Cheat) [Anthrax]
Reply With Quote #117

Quote:
MysticDeath:
Vac2 detects all publicly known cheats and most private? Without going OT, I think you are putting to much faith in vac2
Haha, sorry. I don't think I put too much faith to begin with into Vac2.
But it is a great way to remove the majority of hackers from your server.
Here is the reason why:
A couple months back, around January; Vac2 added something on their-server side, that didn't alter any of the coding for the Vac2 used in player-servers.
What this alteration did, was basically make it so that whenever a player joined a server, if the server is secured by vac2, it would search the registry of the player who has just joined of any common hacks.
Its very effective against public hacks. Many thousands of bans were made against people for hacking on Vac 2 servers.
Many hacker websites have considered this method "CRC Banning" which is almost impossible to work around, only the most recent of Ecstatic hacks have been using Random String generators inside their code to alter the info on the player's registry, making once again undetectable by Vac2.
But this add to Vac was made months before bans were handed out, it allowed them to make very large list of known hackers so they could ban the hackers before they switch to something different.
Also Vac2 recently updated their software so hacks with Vac2 workarounds are detected by Vac2.

To prove it, make a server: DeathMatch 24/7 fy_snow; nonsecure. In 2 hours you'll see at least 20 speed hackers. Turn it to secure, if you had 10 members playing at a time on your nonsecure within 5 minutes of booting up the server, now it will take 20 minutes at least to get 10 people.
I've noticed signifigant changes to the populace when you switch from secure and non-secure Vac2.
These numbers depend on whether its 'prime' time as I like to call it, or not. (Prime time is about 4PM-7PM PST) Its when most players seem to join and play.

Sorry for the long post, and the delay in the post.

Quote:
So first of all, what is a CRC? A CRC is more or less a set of digits unique to a certain file, in this case the hack (both parts). CRC checksums are usually used when transferring data, the original file's CRC is saved and when the file is sent somewhere else it's CRC can be compared to the original's CRC to see if it has been corrupted.

Recently, we've been dealing with a lot of bans, all VAC2 needs to do is download public cheats, calculate their CRC's, send them to a database... Now every time you join a secure server, VAC2 finds the running processes and then looks for the files connected to them, it compares those file's CRC's to the ones in it's database... If there is a match, you're flagged and banned later on...
That is from a particular website which I won't name. I dispise hackers, and I despise anyone who support hackers. -_-

Last edited by TheNewt; 11-20-2006 at 18:40.
Dzyzus
Old 11-22-2006 , 10:59   Re: ECStatic Check (Anti-Cheat) [Anthrax]
Reply With Quote #118

Code:
L 11/22/2006 - 15:14:06: [AMXX] Displaying debug trace (plugin "ec.amxx")
L 11/22/2006 - 15:14:06: [AMXX] Run time error 4: index out of bounds 
L 11/22/2006 - 15:14:06: [AMXX]    [0] ec.sma::client_disconnect (line 34)
AMXX 1.76a
Old 11-23-2006 , 10:02   Re: ECStatic Check (Anti-Cheat) [Anthrax]
Reply With Quote #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticDeath View Post
Many hacker websites have considered this method "CRC Banning" which is almost impossible to work around, only the most recent of Ecstatic hacks have been using Random String generators inside their code to alter the info on the player's registry, making once again undetectable by Vac2.
CRC - Cyclic redundancy check, it can be used to generate hash-sums of either strings or complete files in total. To bypass this, one could simply add a blank byte at EOF of the binary, and the CRC would return a completely different value.

So yes, this form of AC detection is a half-bad method, while still a step in the right direction.
Old 11-23-2006 , 10:36   Re: ECStatic Check (Anti-Cheat) [Anthrax]
Reply With Quote #120

Any word on fixing the amx_eclist and such dark?
Old 11-23-2006, 11:11
stevenlafl
This message has been deleted by stevenlafl. Reason: Uh, it got split? The fuck?