Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Solved [CSGO] Possible to get the Weapon Name from Weapon ID? (Not Classname!)

Post New Thread Reply   

Muhlex
Old 05-26-2019 , 19:03   [CSGO] Possible to get the Weapon Name from Weapon ID? (Not Classname!)
Reply With Quote #1

As CS:GO has weapons that share the same classname (the one's that are in the same inventory slot), for example the P2000 and USP-S (weapon_hkp2000, weapon_usp_silencer), I am now looking for a way to get the actual weapon name from a weapon's ID.

I tested getting various EntProps but all i found working was the Classname via m_iClassname once again. The only function i know is GetClientWeapon of the clients.inc include. But this always gets the currently active weapon from a player and doesn't allow me to check weapons that are not currently equipped.
How can I do that?

Last edited by Muhlex; 05-28-2019 at 08:33.
eyal282
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2019 , 05:08   Re: [CSGO] Possible to get the Weapon Name from Weapon ID? (Not Classname!)
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhlex View Post
As CS:GO has weapons that share the same classname (the one's that are in the same inventory slot), for example the P2000 and USP-S (weapon_hkp2000, weapon_usp_silencer), I am now looking for a way to get the actual weapon name from a weapon's ID.

I tested getting various EntProps but all i found working was the Classname via m_iClassname once again. The only function i know is GetClientWeapon of the clients.inc include. But this always gets the currently active weapon from a player and doesn't allow me to check weapons that are not currently equipped.
How can I do that?
https://sm.alliedmods.net/new-api/cs...eaponIDToAlias

If you give it CSWeapon_AWP, it'll put "awp" in buffer. CSWeapon_HKP2000, "hpk2000"

Just use Format(buffer, len, "weapon_%s", buffer); to convert alias into classname

Discord: Eyal282#1334
Muhlex
Old 05-27-2019 , 05:46   Re: [CSGO] Possible to get the Weapon Name from Weapon ID? (Not Classname!)
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyal282 View Post
https://sm.alliedmods.net/new-api/cs...eaponIDToAlias

If you give it CSWeapon_AWP, it'll put "awp" in buffer. CSWeapon_HKP2000, "hpk2000"
Thanks a lot for the reply. However I meant to use the Entity Index of the weapon (called it weapon ID by mistake) and get the name from there.

Basically what I want to do is check a player's secondary slot for which weapon he has. E.g. "weapon_deagle". I could use GetPlayerWeaponSlot(client, 1) and then GetEntityClassname on the result. Would work like a charm if it didn't return weapon_hkp2000 for the USP-S for example.

I checked the documentation for a way to get the CSWeaponID from the weapon entity, so that I could use your solution. Didn't find anything though.

Last edited by Muhlex; 05-27-2019 at 05:46.
eyal282
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2019 , 06:11   Re: [CSGO] Possible to get the Weapon Name from Weapon ID? (Not Classname!)
Reply With Quote #4

https://sm.alliedmods.net/new-api/cs...ToItemDefIndex

Try turning the weapon ID into a defindex and use

GetEntProp(weapon, Prop_Send, "m_iItemDefinitionIndex");

See if definition index changes with weapon used. Also, check if a weapon skin affects itemdefindex ( just compare with the free skins you get from Casual.

Last edited by eyal282; 05-27-2019 at 06:11.
Muhlex
Old 05-27-2019 , 06:50   Re: [CSGO] Possible to get the Weapon Name from Weapon ID? (Not Classname!)
Reply With Quote #5

So I now built this:

PHP Code:
int iWeapon GetPlayerWeaponSlot(iClient1);
int iWeaponItemDefIndex GetEntProp(iWeaponProp_Send"m_iItemDefinitionIndex");

CSWeaponID cswWeaponToCheck CS_AliasToWeaponID("weapon_usp_silencer");
int iWeaponToCheckItemDefIndex CS_WeaponIDToItemDefIndex(cswWeaponToCheck);

if (
iWeaponItemDefIndex == iWeaponToCheckItemDefIndex)
{

// SUCCESS

Which actually seems to work flawlessly. Every weapon has it's own ItemDefIndex that skins don't seem to change.

Thanks a lot. Will report if I have more time to test and if it doesn't work in some case.
eyal282
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2019 , 05:05   Re: [CSGO] Possible to get the Weapon Name from Weapon ID? (Not Classname!)
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhlex View Post
So I now built this:

PHP Code:
int iWeapon GetPlayerWeaponSlot(iClient1);
int iWeaponItemDefIndex GetEntProp(iWeaponProp_Send"m_iItemDefinitionIndex");

CSWeaponID cswWeaponToCheck CS_AliasToWeaponID("weapon_usp_silencer");
int iWeaponToCheckItemDefIndex CS_WeaponIDToItemDefIndex(cswWeaponToCheck);

if (
iWeaponItemDefIndex == iWeaponToCheckItemDefIndex)
{

// SUCCESS

Which actually seems to work flawlessly. Every weapon has it's own ItemDefIndex that skins don't seem to change.

Thanks a lot. Will report if I have more time to test and if it doesn't work in some case.

Mark the thread as solved so people who google the question can instantly see that it's working.

Muhlex
Old 05-28-2019 , 08:31   Re: [CSGO] Possible to get the Weapon Name from Weapon ID? (Not Classname!)
Reply With Quote #7

Thanks for the reminder, missed to do that.

Gonna leave this code here, which will get the actual weapon name/alias from a weapon entity index for CSGO (and probably CSS):
PHP Code:
#include <cstrike>

char szWeaponName[33];

int iItemDefIndex GetEntProp(iWeaponProp_Send"m_iItemDefinitionIndex");
CS_WeaponIDToAlias(CS_ItemDefIndexToID(iItemDefIndex), szWeaponNamesizeof(szWeaponName); 
One might want to add the "weapon_" prefix.
PHP Code:
Format(szWeaponNamesizeof(szWeaponName), "weapon_%s"szWeaponName);