Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

No steam connection (no SM admins)

Post New Thread Reply   

ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 12-20-2014 , 12:37   No steam connection (no SM admins)
Reply With Quote #1

I'm currently having a big problem with my servers.

Yesterday I was having a "Could not establish connection to steam servers. (result = 3)" error, I fixed it by registering my server (with cl_gameserver_create_identity and getting a token and setting it with sv_setsteamaccount ).
It was working nicely and my 3 servers would connect to steam without any problem.

Today I woke up and every server was with the same problem again but I also didn't have admins. It's weird because I use sourcebans but event after disabling that plugin, and reloading the flat-admin plugin/changing map/using sm_reloadadmins, it didn't work, I also tried the war mode on (that one that blocks almost everything but some admin related plugins) and that didn't work either! That's the reason why I think it's a steam connection problem and not a sourcemod related problem.

My start files look like this

Quote:
tf2_1\srcds.exe -console -game tf -secure -usercon -ip 190.0.163.20 -port 27015 +sv_pure 1 +map ctf_turbine +maxplayers 26
(with different folders/port/map for the 3 of them)

Also I have a steamloging.cfg (with the sv_setsteamaccount/tf_server_identity_account_id/tf_server_identity_account_token) that I exec (because I was testing) on the server.cfg, autoexec.cfg and the ctf_turbine.cfg (I know that this file is executed because I added a say command and it also says "Loggin into steam server account".

And still I keep getting a "Could not establish connection to steam servers. (result = 3)" and I still don't have admins!

If someone could help me it would be great I really need to solve this problem, thanks!
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 12-20-2014 , 13:50   Re: No steam connection (no SM admins)
Reply With Quote #2

just moment ago, steam was down busy. couldn't even open my steam program.

Last edited by Bacardi; 12-20-2014 at 13:51.
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 12-20-2014 , 17:34   Re: No steam connection (no SM admins)
Reply With Quote #3

Everything is working now (https://steamgaug.es/) and still I'm having this weird problem D:
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 12-20-2014 , 18:54   Re: No steam connection (no SM admins)
Reply With Quote #4

Ok another thing, if I start installing a new server I get this:

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Login Failure: No Connection
FAILED with result code 3
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 12-21-2014 , 01:13   Re: No steam connection (no SM admins)
Reply With Quote #5

...try remove all port and ip commands, let srcds pick them.
and remove also those sv_setsteamaccount etc. etc.
Old 12-21-2014 , 02:48   Re: No steam connection (no SM admins)
Reply With Quote #6

I am having what sounds like a similar problem here. Since the last few days, my TF2 server seems to be losing a connection to Steam somewhere. Players can join and play no problem, but there is no connection to the tf2 item server, and no one has access to Sourcemod admin. Any admin trying anything will just get "You do not have access to this command"

I can run Sourcemod commands fine through my server host's admin panel or via rcon in-game and all plugins etc are working correctly.
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 12-21-2014 , 13:02   Re: No steam connection (no SM admins)
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi View Post
...try remove all port and ip commands, let srcds pick them.
and remove also those sv_setsteamaccount etc. etc.
I tried but it didn't work. Still I can't eve download a new server, it sounds like that my VPS is having trouble connecting with steam..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HL_Maniac View Post
I am having what sounds like a similar problem here. Since the last few days, my TF2 server seems to be losing a connection to Steam somewhere. Players can join and play no problem, but there is no connection to the tf2 item server, and no one has access to Sourcemod admin. Any admin trying anything will just get "You do not have access to this command"

I can run Sourcemod commands fine through my server host's admin panel or via rcon in-game and all plugins etc are working correctly.
Well now we are 3, you, a friend of mine who is in the same situation and me, it's really weird, I have not having items, admins and an insecure server.

Also, the error number 3 means connection problems:
Incomplete Installation (3)
Steam can not connect to the internet. Please see the Troubleshooting Network Connectivity article.

Edit: Ok my provider just told me that there are problems with attacks in the servers, so there is no international connection until it's fixed.

Last edited by ClassicGuzzi; 12-21-2014 at 20:19.
HL_Maniac
Old 12-22-2014 , 02:34   Re: No steam connection (no SM admins)
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGuzzi View Post
Edit: Ok my provider just told me that there are problems with attacks in the servers, so there is no international connection until it's fixed.
Would you mind sharing what host you are with? you can send me a PM if you don't want the whole world knowing.