Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Mann vs Tank! (Update! 2014-03-02)

Post New Thread Reply   

B_CANSIN
Old 02-25-2014 , 15:22   Re: [TF2] Stop That Tank
Reply With Quote #11

I think !tank spawer plunig will do same thing I didn't try but I gues it because if I spawn tank in dm_duel_v2 it going to my point and droping the bomb there lol. * don't get my command wrong if you test it it will be good for you.
Oshizu
Veteran Member
Old 02-25-2014 , 16:32   Re: [TF2] Stop That Tank
Reply With Quote #12

Nah, my tank spawner plugin is admin tool for spawning tanks, this plugin spawns them automaticly on round start meanwhile replacing bombcart with previously spawned tank entity

Thought if i was creator of second Stop That Tank plugin i'd put more effort before releasing it here.

Last edited by Oshizu; 02-25-2014 at 16:43.
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 02-25-2014 , 19:12   Re: [TF2] Stop That Tank
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshizu View Post
Nah, my tank spawner plugin is admin tool for spawning tanks, this plugin spawns them automaticly on round start meanwhile replacing bombcart with previously spawned tank entity

Thought if i was creator of second Stop That Tank plugin i'd put more effort before releasing it here.
Sorry, I know that, at this moment, my plugin is bad but it's my first plugin so I need help and feedback.

Now, as an update I added a new feature, a new voice system: when someone in the red team dies, the nearest player says the "class is dead" voice line. Keep in mind, only the heavy, the medic, the engi and the soldier have this lines.

Also I'm testing frontier, it works differently than other maps thought. Right now it works, but there is a bug at the end that make the round end twice (if the blue team win) and the map is way too long (I will star making a per-map config file).
Oh, and check the Hatch model from MvM in badwater's last point! (pic in the first post).
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (stop_that_tank.sp - 134 views - 22.5 KB)
File Type: smx stop_that_tank.smx (19.5 KB, 127 views)
Oshizu
Veteran Member
Old 02-25-2014 , 19:13   Re: [TF2] Stop That Tank
Reply With Quote #14

Oh well if it's your first plugin then your brilliant
My first plugin was some boring improvement to Join Team messages
Veteran Member
Old 02-25-2014 , 19:17   Re: [TF2] Stop That Tank
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Oh well if it's your first plugin then your brilliant
My first plugin was some boring improvement to Join Team messages
I have made 2 plugins before this, one that logs SteamIDs, and other that cancels the "wating for players" time if it gets stuck at zero in arena maps, but there were like 10 to 15 code lines, this is my first "not-small" plugin.

On a side note: Argentinian IPs are no longer banned I'm so happy right now!
Oshizu
Veteran Member
Old 02-25-2014 , 19:31   Re: [TF2] Stop That Tank
Reply With Quote #16

They banned argentinian ips on alliedmodders?
Old 02-25-2014 , 19:41   Re: [TF2] Stop That Tank
Reply With Quote #17

A couple problems, every time BLU "won" (tank plants the bomb successfully) on Badwater, red would win. I'm not sure if this is the case with other maps. The second problem is that red engineer bots won't move from spawn after dying (don't think this is fixable since this is probably a bot logic bug).
Oshizu
Veteran Member
Old 02-25-2014 , 19:57   Re: [TF2] Stop That Tank
Reply With Quote #18

If that's the case you can try few things:
1. Fire Round Win For Blue few secs or milliseconds before red would (Easiest)
2. Use DHooks to modify round win result (Moderate, since DHooks provides sample plugin which stops round end)
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-25-2014 , 21:02   Re: [TF2] Stop That Tank
Reply With Quote #19

Going to try this out!

Most private gamemodes never get publicly released at the end of the day. So it's nice to see alternatives.
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 02-25-2014 , 22:04   Re: [TF2] Stop That Tank
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
They banned argentinian ips on alliedmodders?
Yes, a ddos attack 2 or 3 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPYderman View Post
The second problem is that red engineer bots won't move from spawn after dying (don't think this is fixable since this is probably a bot logic bug).
Well maybe I killed an entity that is important for bots? Did you try bots in normal badwater?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPYderman View Post
A couple problems, every time BLU "won" (tank plants the bomb successfully) on Badwater, red would win. I'm not sure if this is the case with other maps.
I think this problem is already fixed in the last version (the one that I attached, no the mediafire link). The problem was that I kill the tank at the same time as the explosion, witch trigger round win for red.
Quote:
If that's the case you can try few things:
1. Fire Round Win For Blue few secs or milliseconds before red would (Easiest)
2. Use DHooks to modify round win result (Moderate, since DHooks provides sample plugin which stops round end)
The thing is, for some reason, I can't set the last point as capped. I know the entity "team_control_point", but SetWinner doesn't work as an input. I use the game_round_win entity, but this method doesn't set the last point as blue.

Maybe I should use the "team_control_point_master" entity with "SetWinnerAndForceCaps" (just for blue). I will try this as soon as i can.