Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Keeping weapons between chapters? Bot names?

Post New Thread Reply   

amars464
Old 03-02-2022 , 14:09   [L4D2] Keeping weapons between chapters? Bot names?
Reply With Quote #1

I accidentally posted this in the AMX Mod X section instead of sourcemod. Please delete.

Hi all! I currently run a co-op L4D2 server for me and my friends that has 5 players, but the 5th player is always reserved as a bot that we use for the sake of Gear Transfer. My basic setup is like this:

4 humans + 1 bot
Gear Transfer
Automatic Campaign Switcher

There's a bunch of other things going on, but those are the three elements that are related to what I'm trying to do.

The first question is definitely the more important one. Seeing how we use ACS to just continue playing through campaigns uninterrupted, does anyone know if there is a way that we can preserve the players states for at least the four human players between campaigns? (Mainly HP and inventory). We'd love to try to treat our sessions as one big campaign essentially. I wouldn't need cookies for that stuff, like we'd be fine with the HP and inventory resetting if we quit and start a new session later.

The other question is just more of a fun one. We've taken to calling the extra bot the "Butler Bot" seeing how they are only there to take advantage of the features of Gear Transfer. It would be really fun if we could name it something to that effect instead of the normal character name. Is there a way to do this?

As a bonus, it would also be nice for it to always select a character from the other survivor group for the extra bot so there aren't any duplicate characters. So in a L4D2 campaign it would pick a L4D1 character. and in a L4D1 campaign it would pick a L4D2 character (I understand in this case it would just be a model change). I know there's a bunch of ways out there that might handle something like that, but given how old the game is at this point I don't really know what works and what doesn't work. Any advice?

Last edited by amars464; 03-02-2022 at 14:12. Reason: I accidentally posted this in the AMX Mod X section instead of sourcemod. Please delete.