Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D1 & L4D2]Survivor_AFK_Fix[Left 4 Fix][25/09/2020]

Post New Thread Reply   

Alexmy
Old 06-25-2021 , 10:54   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2]Survivor_AFK_Fix[Left 4 Fix][25/09/2020]
Reply With Quote #51

Hello Lux, I found an error. When a player leaves for afk and his bot is killed, the player automatically loses the bot and remains in afk.
I also have a suspicion that your plugins cause the server to crash. After installing these plugins, I started having problems with a server crash:
M60_NoDrop_AmmoPile_patch, survivor_afk_fix
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 06-27-2021 , 16:40   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2]Survivor_AFK_Fix[Left 4 Fix][25/09/2020]
Reply With Quote #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexmy View Post
Hello Lux, I found an error. When a player leaves for afk and his bot is killed, the player automatically loses the bot and remains in afk.
I also have a suspicion that your plugins cause the server to crash. After installing these plugins, I started having problems with a server crash:
M60_NoDrop_AmmoPile_patch, survivor_afk_fix
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...6&postcount=42

maybe related but you give me no info so no help so uninstall it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Commission me for L4D
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 07-31-2021 , 22:26   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2]Survivor_AFK_Fix[Left 4 Fix][25/09/2020]
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzybb View Post
Hello, lux, Can you add a CVAR to the? After idle, it is still switch to ThirdPerson or Pov or default(random)

Because ThirdPerson sometimes has bugs, can fly infinitely like a free camera, but if it is POV, there is no problem

Of course I can’t be sure if anyone else has had the same problem as me, so I can’t be 100% sure that it’s your plugins bug, so I hope I can add a CVAR that controls the POV to improve this problem.
I'v only saw this happen when you have no free client slots to create a bot for idle mode(if this happens it will use the game's logic instead of the plugin logic) and there is no way around that.

Commission me for L4D
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 08-02-2021 , 05:43   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2]Survivor_AFK_Fix[Left 4 Fix][25/09/2020]
Reply With Quote #54

Quote:
nonono, It's not what you said. The picture is one-sided. You may not understand the situation. I didn't create any robots for it. When I'm playing well, I suddenly press idle. At this time, if I'm ThirdPerson, my camera has a chance to become free, rather than the default fixed camera in the game. If I restrict it to Pov, this won't happen

You don't have to solve this problem. I just hope you can add a CVAR to automatically switch to ThirdPerson or POV or default (random) after players are idle. You should know that when we press the idle shortcut key, we idle successfully. Sometimes it's ThirdPerson and sometimes it's POV. Shouldn't it be set to be fixed?
This plugin is not responsible for the bug you are encountering. Like Lux stated, the bug usually occurs when there are no free client slots. From personal experience, this bug can also occur without this plugin. I remember encountering this bug a few times years ago before Lux even released this plugin.

All I can say is that the issue may have to do with your server setup. Asking someone to update their plugin to fix a game bug (or another plugin's bug) isn't the ideal solution. You're just putting duct tape over the hole instead of fixing it.
Old 08-02-2021 , 16:40   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2]Survivor_AFK_Fix[Left 4 Fix][25/09/2020]
Reply With Quote #55

Quote:
thank you, Crasher. But the problem I encountered was indeed caused after installing this plugin. Before I used another afk version: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...=132409&page=5, this one does not have this problem when used normally, but I think it is always not as good as Lux’s writing.
My server slot is 16, and the number of people did not reach the upper limit. Obviously there are free client slots, so I think your opinion may not be absolute.
I play in thirdperson a lot and go idle all the time when playing with friends and I never encounter this issue. All Lux's plugin does is make sure that each player can go AFK properly without being assigned a different character or getting sent to spectator mode with no way of getting their character back.

Quote:
I sincerely want to ask you, is there a way to automatically switch the camera to POV when people are idle? Rather than having a chance to become ThirdPerson.
It depends on whether you are using a plugin to switch to thirdperson. If you are using the built-in "thirdpersonshoulder" command, then the thirdperson is client-side.
Old 08-03-2021 , 00:51   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2]Survivor_AFK_Fix[Left 4 Fix][25/09/2020]
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyk0tik View Post
I play in thirdperson a lot and go idle all the time when playing with friends and I never encounter this issue. All Lux's plugin does is make sure that each player can go AFK properly without being assigned a different character or getting sent to spectator mode with no way of getting their character back.

It depends on whether you are using a plugin to switch to thirdperson. If you are using the built-in "thirdpersonshoulder" command, then the thirdperson is client-side.
Thanks sir, i get it.
KadabraZz
Old 10-06-2021 , 18:31   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2]Survivor_AFK_Fix[Left 4 Fix][25/09/2020]
Reply With Quote #57

I tested it on l4d1 and it doesn't seem to work
When we go to afk, the character changes and I lose all items
HarryPotter
Veteran Member
Old 12-28-2021 , 04:26   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2]Survivor_AFK_Fix[Left 4 Fix][25/09/2020]
Reply With Quote #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by KadabraZz View Post
I tested it on l4d1 and it doesn't seem to work
When we go to afk, the character changes and I lose all items
The problem you met is identity bug if there are 5+ survivors,
use l4d_survivor_identity_fix
Old 02-04-2022 , 02:06   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2]Survivor_AFK_Fix[Left 4 Fix][25/09/2020]
Reply With Quote #59

after the update recently (CTerrorGameRules::IsRealismMode)
me and others on my server could not use take a break like before anymore, am i only one get this problem? Plz let me know
sorallll
Old 04-01-2022 , 05:43   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2]Survivor_AFK_Fix[Left 4 Fix][25/09/2020]
Reply With Quote #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenge View Post
I think this check only works for static amount of survivors but not for dynamic ones and by dynamic, I mean spawning extras when there are no other bots around. I've seen myself taking control of a new bot instead of my own whenever someone joins during transition and loads in before me.
cravenge, this did happen in my most recent tests, this plugin should fix it