Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Is there a way of accessing the workshop to download addons?

Post New Thread Reply   

JamesYeoman
Old 05-01-2017 , 03:47   Is there a way of accessing the workshop to download addons?
Reply With Quote #1

I want to make a plugin that is able to automatically subscribe to the addons that the other players on the server are using. This way, it will be a lot easier to avoid situations where one person has an addon that others don't have.

This is going to be the first plugin I have ever made but I have quite a bit of programming knowlege (C#, Java, C++, Python). I want to get started with sourcemodding by actually making something useful so apologies if I seem a bit thick at times
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 05-01-2017 , 03:49   Re: Is there a way of accessing the workshop to download addons?
Reply With Quote #2

You want to install viruses?
Old 05-01-2017 , 04:22   Re: Is there a way of accessing the workshop to download addons?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuro Toxin View Post
You want to install viruses?

I never said anything about viruses. I said workshop items.
JamesYeoman
Old 05-01-2017 , 05:15   Re: Is there a way of accessing the workshop to download addons?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesYeoman View Post
I never said anything about viruses. I said workshop items.
By workshop items, I mean the steam workshop. Just in case there was any confusion.
JamesYeoman
Old 05-01-2017 , 05:40   Re: Is there a way of accessing the workshop to download addons?
Reply With Quote #5

Is it possible to use the fact that workshop items have numerical IDs? Like the addon that reskins the tank in L4D2 to Shrek has the ID 210368756. The URL for it is http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=210368756 which has the addon ID in the URL. If there is a way to access the subscription mechanism for it then my plugin idea could very well work

Last edited by JamesYeoman; 05-01-2017 at 05:41.