Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Sockets license

Post New Thread Reply   

Parol23
Old 01-30-2021 , 16:23   Sockets license
Reply With Quote #1

Hello. I am searching for a license plugin through socket. I have a cs1.6 server and i want to license all of my amx to my web server, to not be used by anyone else. I do not know how this works, but i can explain. I have a .php with some license keys. The plugin is defined with a license key. If the php accept it and respond "Active", the plugin need to work. If it doesn't been recognized by the php, the plugin stop.. I need it to "license" my server. Can you help me ?
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 01-30-2021 , 16:55   Re: Sockets license
Reply With Quote #2

This question comes up quite often and the answer is that it's way too easy to bypass any sort of protection like this so it's basically pointless to even try.
Old 01-30-2021 , 16:58   Re: Sockets license
Reply With Quote #3

Pointless, not pointless i asked for help with this method.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 01-30-2021 , 17:01   Re: Sockets license
Reply With Quote #4

It is pointless but if you really want to do it, you simply need to use either sockets (built into AMX Mod X) or curl (a custom module) to query your website. Then, in you your plugin you can react on that information and have your plugin do what you want with the received information.

So, simply look for examples of sockets and/or curl and you should be able to do it.

But remember, this doesn't give your plugins any protection.

Last edited by fysiks; 01-30-2021 at 17:02.
Parol23
Old 01-30-2021 , 17:05   Re: Sockets license
Reply With Quote #5

Can you give me an example of plugin? like acces the site.com/license.php?license=alliedmodders, and if the php echo : active , plugin works, and if it isn't return active, plugin stop
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 01-30-2021 , 17:11   Re: Sockets license
Reply With Quote #6

The steps required are very basic and apply to many other use cases. For example, you can look at Bugsy's VAC Ban Status plugin which originally used sockets to get data from a webpage and then he released a new version using curl. This should show you everything you need to do it because it has all the steps that you require.
Old 01-30-2021 , 17:19   Re: Sockets license
Reply With Quote #7

I understand little concept of what socket can do. This library is new for me and i need to learn it.. Can you post, if you may, a basic license ? with defined site, license key and the message of plugin working ( to understand when is working ) and message of plugin don't work ( to understand when the plugin don't work ? The php script, it's done i think, i made it, it is through _GET..
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 01-30-2021 , 17:30   Re: Sockets license
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parol23 View Post
I understand little concept of what socket can do. This library is new for me and i need to learn it.. Can you post, if you may, a basic license ? with defined site, license key and the message of plugin working ( to understand when is working ) and message of plugin don't work ( to understand when the plugin don't work ? The php script, it's done i think, i made it, it is through _GET..
I won't create anything like this because it's pointless. You can wait and see if anyone is willing create something for you but it might take a while or might not happen at all.
Old 01-31-2021 , 07:06   Re: Sockets license
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parol23 View Post
Hello. I am searching for a license plugin through socket. I have a cs1.6 server and i want to license all of my amx to my web server, to not be used by anyone else. I do not know how this works, but i can explain. I have a .php with some license keys. The plugin is defined with a license key. If the php accept it and respond "Active", the plugin need to work. If it doesn't been recognized by the php, the plugin stop.. I need it to "license" my server. Can you help me ?
This implies one is peddling compiled plugins without providing source. Is that so?
Old 01-31-2021 , 07:14   Re: Sockets license
Reply With Quote #10

I am not providing any source, i want to secure my server to put a license on socket on amxx's. It is only for my server's plugins xd