Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Allows players to change teams an unlimited number of times, with options for server operators.
    Old 01-20-2013 , 21:42   [ANY] TeamChange Unlimited (1.2.2)
    Reply With Quote #1

TeamChange Unlimited

Version 1.2.2

Table of Contents
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Description
    Commands and Cvars
    Installation
    Dependencies
    Command Overrides
    Credits
    Changelog
    To Do
    Notes
    Download

Description
    Tired of seeing "Only 1 team change is allowed"? This is the no-hassle solution
    to your problems. Once installed, players have unlimited access to team changes.

This plugin is responsive to mp_limitteams. Use mp_limitteams 0 to ignore team size limits.

Server administrators can fine-tune settings, such as limits on how many team changes
    players can use per round/map, whether players receive a suicide penalty for swapping
    teams, and admin/donor immunities.

Commands and Cvars
    Cvars
    sm_teamchange_unlimited_auto_update (Default 1) Automatically update plugin (requires Updater)

sm_teamchange_unlimited_version - Plugin version.

sm_teamchange_unlimited_chat (Default 1) Give plugin feedback to players in chat (1 - verbose, 0 - silent)
    sm_teamchange_unlimited_suicide (Default 1) Force suicide on alive players who switch teams (1 - force suicide, 0 - no suicide)
    sm_teamchange_unlimited_suicide_admin (Default 1) Force suicide on alive admins who switch teams (admin override: teamchange_unlimited_suicide_admin)

sm_teamchange_unlimited_maplimit (Default 0) Number of times a client can change teams per map (0 - disable)
    sm_teamchange_unlimited_roundlimit (Default 0) Number of times a client can change teams per round (0 - disable)

sm_teamchange_unlimited_restrict_auto (Default 0) Restrict players from auto-assigning (1 - restrict, 0 - allow)
    sm_teamchange_unlimited_restrict_spec (Default 0) Restrict players from joining spectate (1 - restrict, 0 - allow)
    sm_teamchange_unlimited_restrict_t (Default 0) Restrict players from joining terrorists (1 - restrict, 0 - allow)
    sm_teamchange_unlimited_restrict_ct (Default 0) Restrict players from joining counter-terrorists (1 - restrict, 0 - allow)

sm_teamchange_unlimited_penalty (Default "011111101101") How to count team changes (see notes)
    sm_teamchange_unlimited_immunity (Default 0) Admins receive team change count immunity (admin override: teamchange_unlimited_immunity)

Installation
    Place teamchange_unlimited.smx into the /addons/sourcemod/plugins directory.
    Set convars in /cfg/sourcemod/teamchange_unlimited.cfg.
    You can use /addons/sourcemod/configs/admin_overrides.cfg to change admin/donor benefits (see below)

Dependencies
    Updater optional, with updater.inc required to compile.

Command Overrides
    teamchange_unlimited_immunity - Admins in this command group receive team change immunity and can change teams an unlimited amount of times, regardless of map and round limits.
    teamchange_unlimited_suicide_admin - Force suicide on alive admins who switch teams. Admins in this command group will have suicide rules determined by cvar sm_teamchange_unlimited_suicide_admin instead of sm_teamchange_unlimited_suicide.

You can use admin_groups.cfg or admin_overrides.cfg to change command permissions.

Example admin_overrides.cfg:
    Code:
    Overrides
    {
    	"teamchange_unlimited_immunity" "bo"
    	"teamchange_unlimited_suicide_admin" "z"
    }
    In this example, only admins/donors that have both "b" and "o" admin flags ignore map/round team change limits, and admins that have the "z" flag abide by different suicide rules when changing teams.

Credits
    Changelog
    Spoiler
    • 1.2.2 (22 January 2013)
      -Added convars to restrict joining specific teams.

To Do
    • None at the moment.

Notes
    sm_teamchange_unlimited_penalty
    Spoiler
    • While tested on CS:GO, it should, in theory, work on any mod.
    • The plugin won't move players or count it against them if they switch to the team they're already on (even through auto-assign).
    • Use mp_limitteams 0 for unrestricted team sizes, otherwise set it to your liking.
    • They say life is a battlefield...

Download
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (teamchange_unlimited.sp - 3595 views - 11.5 KB)
    File Type: smx teamchange_unlimited.smx (7.3 KB, 4668 views)

Last edited by Sheepdude; 05-23-2013 at 06:06.
    PlasteR
    Old 01-21-2013 , 13:48   Re: [ANY] TeamChange Unlimited
    Reply With Quote #2

Can you add functionality for spectators to join teams without restrictions. 'Cause right now as I understand, you can count Team to Spect, Team/Spect to OtherTeam. Function for Only Spect to Team would be nice.
    Old 01-21-2013 , 19:24   Re: [ANY] TeamChange Unlimited (1.2.1)
    Reply With Quote #3

New verison
    • 1.2.1 (21 January 2013)
      -Replaced old penalty convars with sm_teamchange_unlimited_penalty. As a result:
      -Server ops can let players join teams (such as spectate) even if they've reached their team change limit.
      -Server ops have more control over which team change interactions should count towards player limits.

Sketchy
    Old 01-22-2013 , 03:21   Re: [ANY] TeamChange Unlimited (1.2.1)
    Reply With Quote #4

I tried [a previous version of] this plugin a few days ago and it works great on my gungame server but I had to remove it from my Minigames server and my Course/Climb Maps server. The problem on those servers is that I need the plugin to respect a given maps spawn points, and not allow players to join a team they otherwise would not be allowed to join due to spawns. By this, i mean that many course/climb maps only have spawn points for one team. I tried this on my Course/Climb server to allow people to go in and out of Spec, but it allows them to join the team they shouldnt be able to, and this restarts the match/round and gets abused.

So, any way this plugin can be made to force people to either select Spec or Auto-Join only ? Even if i had to define map by map, which team players should be on (using per map configs) i'd be fine with that..

Last edited by Sketchy; 01-22-2013 at 03:22.
    Sheepdude
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 01-22-2013 , 03:48   Re: [ANY] TeamChange Unlimited (1.2.1)
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    So, any way this plugin can be made to force people to either select Spec or Auto-Join only ? Even if i had to define map by map, which team players should be on (using per map configs) i'd be fine with that..
    Blehh well while the spirit of the plugin is to have allow for unhindered team changes, I can see how that's a problem for climb servers. I'll put in team join restrictions in a newer version.

New version
    • 1.2.2 (22 January 2013)
      -Added convars to restrict joining specific teams.

Unfortunately I don't see a way to force players to join the correct team in a climb map without map-specific configs. I'm assuming some maps only have T spawn points while others have CT spawn points, so you'll have to adjust. You should also restrict joining Auto-Assign outright, since it randomizes the team.

But I get it, you want unrestricted switching between spectate and only one team, which is exactly what I designed this plugin for, although I didn't think about climb and surf maps. It's nicer than having to type /spec and /respawn or something like that.

redf0x
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 02-22-2013 , 20:57   Re: [ANY] TeamChange Unlimited (1.2.2)
    Reply With Quote #6

its pretty cool how these updates are being released 10 months in the future lol.

awesome plugin brah. helps a lot!
    primofernando
    Old 06-07-2014 , 16:08   Re: [ANY] TeamChange Unlimited (1.2.1)
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    I tried [a previous version of] this plugin a few days ago and it works great on my gungame server but I had to remove it from my Minigames server and my Course/Climb Maps server. The problem on those servers is that I need the plugin to respect a given maps spawn points, and not allow players to join a team they otherwise would not be allowed to join due to spawns. By this, i mean that many course/climb maps only have spawn points for one team. I tried this on my Course/Climb server to allow people to go in and out of Spec, but it allows them to join the team they shouldnt be able to, and this restarts the match/round and gets abused.

Hi,

I was reading this thread and i find the exact same problem as mine.
    Anyone found a Solution for this?
    PlasteR
    Old 02-23-2013 , 06:01   Re: [ANY] TeamChange Unlimited (1.2.2)
    Reply With Quote #8

Can you do small version plugin for options:

http://i.imgur.com/XnrGt34.png

To work for the values​​:

mp_forcecamera 1 (only see team)
    mp_limitteams 1

Plugin useful for value "mp_forcecamera 1" because when you use AFK Manager and the player will move to the observer must wait 2 rounds to be able to play or reconnect :/
    Old 04-21-2013 , 09:02   Re: [ANY] TeamChange Unlimited (1.2.2)
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PlasteR View Post
    Can you do small version plugin for options:

http://i.imgur.com/XnrGt34.png

To work for the values​​:

mp_forcecamera 1 (only see team)
    mp_limitteams 1

Plugin useful for value "mp_forcecamera 1" because when you use AFK Manager and the player will move to the observer must wait 2 rounds to be able to play or reconnect :/
    Bump
    Sheepdude
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 05-26-2013 , 05:48   Re: [ANY] TeamChange Unlimited (1.2.2)
    Reply With Quote #10

If you set sm_teamchange_unlimited_penalty to "011000101101", you will be able to freely move to and from the spectator team, as the image explains. Players shouldn't need to wait two turns to rejoin a team. I tested it and I can move back to a team just fine after afk manager puts me into spectate...