Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

How Cheats work ?

Post New Thread Reply   

devilicioux
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2014 , 01:02   How Cheats work ?
Reply With Quote #1

I have heard ppl use Opengl and cheats like that .. How actually it works ?
How come the keys like F1,F2 etc get hooked to random cheats automatically ?
After the game loads and person joins the server .. Does pressing F1,F2 etc sends customs commands to server ?
+something etc like that ?
If yes ? Is there a possibilty of hooking and blocking that ?

In short .. I would like to know how such cheats work ?

#RespectList ANTICHRISTUS fysiks Bugsy

Most Common Errors You Can Encounter Every Now and Then
EthicalHacker007
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2014 , 01:26   Re: How Cheats work ?
Reply With Quote #2

I think they inject the game engine. One of them is Demoplayer.dll
Old 07-10-2014 , 01:29   Re: How Cheats work ?
Reply With Quote #3

Cheats like that work fully client side.

The client program is made aware of things that the player who is actually sitting in front of the machine is not aware of. For example, the server will tell a client the location of a given other player entity, even though that player entity may be on the other side of a wall as the client's player. The cheats take advantage of this, working to inform the human player of information that the client has been given, information that the player would not normally be aware of. They are literally modifying or injecting code into the running process on their computers to accomplish this.

Other cheats work by emulating user input. For example, the game client process interacts with the mouse, right? The client then uses the information it receives from the mouse to tell the server what direction the client is looking. There exist hacks that first determine the correct angle to look at to be directly facing an enemy player, and then fake the mouse movements to look that direction. This is basically how aimbots work.

How it works is generally that the cheater is actually modifying the files on his computer, and changing the program that boots up when you hit "Play" in your Steam library. This is why detecting and fighting against these hacks is so difficult. It's not your computer. How the hell are you supposed to know what's running on it?

Last edited by ddhoward; 07-10-2014 at 01:31.
TheDS1337
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2014 , 03:17   Re: How Cheats work ?
Reply With Quote #4

Those cheat dlls inject the client.dll file in the client side, it's like editing it (because it's not open-source)
ANTICHRISTUS
kingdom of weird stuff
Old 07-10-2014 , 06:17   Re: How Cheats work ?
Reply With Quote #5

I heard about a software to detect cheats, made by the HL owners and running in the client side. hmm.. it's name is...

EDIT: it's called VAC !!

Last edited by ANTICHRISTUS; 07-10-2014 at 06:20.
Albanian Zombie
Old 07-10-2014 , 06:59   Re: How Cheats work ?
Reply With Quote #6

Wall Hack works only when client puts the video options in Open GL.It doesnt work in Software or D3D Mode.It includes 3 different types of view,some of them can make dark parts of the map bright,like it can modify the light entity.
There is another cheat called "hook" or something like that which shows how far is a player,player hp,player weapon,player ammo and if the cheater is CT it gives all CT with a blue line around and T with red line and vice versa.Mostly of them have viruses so its too hard to find something that really works.
devilicioux
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2014 , 07:40   Re: How Cheats work ?
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
Cheats like that work fully client side.

The client program is made aware of things that the player who is actually sitting in front of the machine is not aware of. For example, the server will tell a client the location of a given other player entity, even though that player entity may be on the other side of a wall as the client's player. The cheats take advantage of this, working to inform the human player of information that the client has been given, information that the player would not normally be aware of. They are literally modifying or injecting code into the running process on their computers to accomplish this.

Other cheats work by emulating user input. For example, the game client process interacts with the mouse, right? The client then uses the information it receives from the mouse to tell the server what direction the client is looking. There exist hacks that first determine the correct angle to look at to be directly facing an enemy player, and then fake the mouse movements to look that direction. This is basically how aimbots work.

How it works is generally that the cheater is actually modifying the files on his computer, and changing the program that boots up when you hit "Play" in your Steam library. This is why detecting and fighting against these hacks is so difficult. It's not your computer. How the hell are you supposed to know what's running on it?
Thank you thats what i wanted to know..
1 more thing .. Does the cheat using client sends or requests extra info to and fro the server ?

#RespectList ANTICHRISTUS fysiks Bugsy

Most Common Errors You Can Encounter Every Now and Then
ANTICHRISTUS
kingdom of weird stuff
Old 07-10-2014 , 08:12   Re: How Cheats work ?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr33m@n View Post
VAC ? what is that ? Valve Allowed Cheat ?
it's the signification of the software used for steam games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phant View Post
If you want clean server without cheaters, then you should use Client-Side Anticheat.
not enough !
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicioux View Post
Does the cheat using client sends or requests extra info to and fro the server ?
I don't know those stuff so my answer will be no at 99%. why ? because:
  • cheats are running in the client side, interacting with the game behaviour by exploiting some engine flaws, removing the recoil, moving the mouse automatically, etc., then sending falsified data to the server.
  • or translating some data normally sent from the server (needed to recreate the same scene for everyone's client) to know distance or position of other players, etc.
edit: you can try to learn from existing anticheat plugins (keywords: aimbot, wall#hack, etc.), but believe me, you'll only vaste your time, the cheats universe is more vaste than the dark side of the force .

Last edited by ANTICHRISTUS; 07-10-2014 at 11:23.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2014 , 13:57   Re: How Cheats work ?
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicioux View Post
Thank you thats what i wanted to know..
1 more thing .. Does the cheat using client sends or requests extra info to and fro the server ?
... No. Of course not. That would make no sense at all...