Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)

Post New Thread Reply   

marwin.santos
Old 08-22-2016 , 22:10   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #771

Hey, i'm working and keeping running a L4D2 Server group working dedicated server with plus 10 players and i watch double Ellis, double Rochele, double Nick, and four coach. It dosen't affect gameplay at all, but visually it's bad, to improve the look i'm searching a way to add models from mods skins rather then change the original characters.

I would like to know if it's possible to choose extra L4D character models with this plugin?

Last edited by marwin.santos; 08-22-2016 at 22:14.
Tehcookeh
Old 08-28-2016 , 01:03   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #772

I've been using Merudo's version of CSM and it's been working fine so far, despite a few random visual bugs. There is one thing I'm not entire sure how to fix though. Is there currently a fix / workaround for dead players or joining players to easily jump out of the forced spectate bug? I noticed sometimes the survivor completely disappears from the scoreboard and cannot come back until I restart the server. If a fix was posted elsewhere, apologies for not seeing it. I'm new to server hosting related things and my server's install is mostly vanilla, outside of sourcemod and the stock plugins.
Merudo
Old 09-10-2016 , 04:16   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Merudo is a lot like deathchaos and the rest of L4D2 past coders. Life swallows them up and you never see them again.
Sorry for the absence!

I spent too much time coding & decided to take a break. I might be willing to fix a few of my plugins but no guarantee.
Old 09-13-2016 , 08:17   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #774

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merudo View Post
Sorry for the absence!

I spent too much time coding & decided to take a break. I might be willing to fix a few of my plugins but no guarantee.
Oh you're back! I'm gladed you're back here cause while you're off on the internet, i spend my time learning how to code some stuff and yea, about FakeZoey is quite difficult for me to vocalize her.
AlirezaTiG3R
Old 10-01-2016 , 06:37   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #775

I have a very big problem with this plugin

1- i want player can choose all characters in all maps , for examlpe in map c8m1_docks player can choose Rochell character!

2- Now when in c8m1_docks or any maps who characters are Zoey Bill... , and i select Rochell character , Zoey hand and voice and survivur icon was load but in thridperson view (when heal my self) i see rochell!

bazrael
Old 11-11-2016 , 03:28   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #776

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlirezaTiG3R View Post
I have a very big problem with this plugin

1- i want player can choose all characters in all maps , for examlpe in map c8m1_docks player can choose Rochell character!

2- Now when in c8m1_docks or any maps who characters are Zoey Bill... , and i select Rochell character , Zoey hand and voice and survivur icon was load but in thridperson view (when heal my self) i see rochell!
You need Survivor Set Enforcer plugin so that L4D2 survivors can exist in L4D1 campaigns with L4D1 survivors or using [L4D2]Character_manager.

Last edited by bazrael; 09-06-2018 at 09:28. Reason: Offering Character Manager plugin
unbreakable
Old 02-11-2017 , 14:58   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #777

Hi everyone,
so I'm running this plugin on our L4D2 linux server.
We have a ton of witches on our server so the bug I'm going to describe now is pretty annoying.

Whenever there are copies of the same character in the game and one of them shoots the witch, she will attack the wrong target. She always attacks the character who didn't shoot her. This bug doesn't occur when I allow players to change their models only.
However, if players only change their model they can't see their new character in first-person view, so that's the downside of it.
My question would be: Is it even possible to fix this? I'm guessing it has to do with how valve coded the witch.

I'm using the plugin version attached to OP's post (Version a).
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 02-12-2017 , 12:31   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #778

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbreakable View Post
Hi everyone,
We have a ton of witches on our server so the bug I'm going to describe now is pretty annoying.

Whenever there are copies of the same character in the game and one of them shoots the witch, she will attack the wrong target. She always attacks the character who didn't shoot her. This bug doesn't occur when I allow players to change their models only.
However, if players only change their model they can't see their new character in first-person view, so that's the downside of it.
My question would be: Is it even possible to fix this? I'm guessing it has to do with how valve coded the witch.

I'm not sure if Merudo's plugin would fix this or not but i'd personally be using his version instead it's better...

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...63#post2399163
unbreakable
Old 02-15-2017 , 04:50   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #779

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
I'm not sure if Merudo's plugin would fix this or not but i'd personally be using his version instead it's better...

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...63#post2399163
Thanks, I tried that out. I connected as Nick and changed to Rochelle. My friend played the second (original) Rochelle. The witch always attacked me...when I shot her and also when he shot her. :/
Merudo
Old 03-08-2017 , 12:43   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #780

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbreakable View Post
Hi everyone,

You need the 8+ players bug fix.

Last edited by Merudo; 03-08-2017 at 12:43.