Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

set_view's addtofullpack render affecting pev_render* returns

Post New Thread Reply   

SkumTomteN
Veteran Member
Old 04-29-2016 , 11:06   Re: set_view's addtofullpack render affecting pev_render* returns
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgik57 View Post
what he said^
Why do you want this anyway?
georgik57
Veteran Member
Old 05-02-2016 , 03:57   Re: set_view's addtofullpack render affecting pev_render* returns
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkumTomteN View Post
Why do you want this anyway?
Just out of curiosity I guess. Might also still use it until I make my own camera plug-in.
Veteran Member
Old 05-12-2016 , 00:44   Re: set_view's addtofullpack render affecting pev_render* returns
Reply With Quote #13

bump
Veteran Member
Old 08-09-2016 , 09:00   Re: set_view's addtofullpack render affecting pev_render* returns
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgik57 View Post
year 3000, still bumping the thread
Old 08-09-2016 , 17:14   Re: set_view's addtofullpack render affecting pev_render* returns
Reply With Quote #15

You already got all the help you needed, though the documentation for AddToFullPack isn't quite clear.

The host parameter is not the server host; it's the player that's currently being processed. Every player that's in 3rd person view will have their render mode and render amount changed.

The name "host" is quite wrong here, it should be something like pCurrentPlayer.

For reference, what the engine does is something like this (vastly simplified):

Code:
//+ 1 to get the first player
edict_t* host_client = sv.edicts + 1;

for( int iPlayer = 0; iPlayer < sv.maxPlayers; ++iPlayer, ++host_client )
{
    if( host_client->free || !host_client->pvPrivateData )
        continue;

//Bunch of stuff i won't go into

//Other parameters i won't go into
    gServerFuncs.pfnAddToFullPack( ..., host_client, ... );

//More stuff i won't go into
}
georgik57
Veteran Member
Old 08-09-2016 , 18:01   Re: set_view's addtofullpack render affecting pev_render* returns
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solokiller View Post
Every player that's in 3rd person view will have their render mode and render amount changed.
Yes, but the information is altered in the packets that are going to that player only and not globally, hence the pev_renderX fields shouldn't return those modified values.
Old 08-10-2016 , 05:12   Re: set_view's addtofullpack render affecting pev_render* returns
Reply With Quote #17

All i've managed to find is that set_view changes rendermode to color and render amount to 0. I'm not seeing anything that's changing the player's pev variables. Are you running any other plugins? Perhaps they're doing something.
georgik57
Veteran Member
Old 08-10-2016 , 10:04   Re: set_view's addtofullpack render affecting pev_render* returns
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solokiller View Post
All i've managed to find is that set_view changes rendermode to color and render amount to 0. I'm not seeing anything that's changing the player's pev variables. Are you running any other plugins? Perhaps they're doing something.
Just tested running the server with everything else disabled. Log output, just as previously said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D7Camera.amxx.log
L 08/10/2016 - 17:015: [fwClCmdCamera] iID: 1. Camera: CAMERA_3RDPERSON.
L 08/10/2016 - 17:015: [ftTaskRenderCache] iID: 1. g_iRenderMode: 2. g_iRenderFx: 0. g_fRenderAmount: 100.0. g_fRenderColor: 0.0 0.0 0.0.
L 08/10/2016 - 17:01:40: [fwClCmdCamera] iID: 1. Camera: CAMERA_NONE.
L 08/10/2016 - 17:01:40: [ftTaskRenderCache] iID: 1. g_iRenderMode: 0. g_iRenderFx: 0. g_fRenderAmount: 0.0. g_fRenderColor: 0.0 0.0 0.0.