0% 

[ANY] Little Anti-Cheat

Post New Thread Reply   

J_Tanzanite
Old 04-28-2020 , 06:59   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by timonenluca View Post
to bad does not seem to work in Left 4 dead 2. Seems like a great SMAC alternative!
What errors are you getting? Would love to support L4D2
Merrill
Old 04-28-2020 , 08:16   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #52

Would it be advisable to run lilac and smac aimbots together to catch a wider range of aimbots in case one is missed by either program?

Last edited by Merrill; 04-28-2020 at 08:57.
J_Tanzanite
Old 04-28-2020 , 23:13   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrill View Post
Would it be advisable to run lilac and smac aimbots together to catch a wider range of aimbots in case one is missed by either program?
Yes.
Lilac checks for several different types of aimbot, whereas SMAC checks for one type (and in a different way).
You can use both SMAC and Lilac together without conflicts.

Only thing I would not recommend is using SMAC's Eye-Test module if you're going to be enabling the backtrack patch in Lilac.
Merrill
Old 04-28-2020 , 23:26   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #54

Thanks J_Tanzanite

BTW lilac has caught two more hackers bringing the total to 3 in two days. Very impressive.

Appreciate the work you did on this as it's very effective.

Last edited by Merrill; 04-28-2020 at 23:27.
Fastkill91
Old 04-29-2020 , 00:30   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Tanzanite View Post
Yes.
Lilac checks for several different types of aimbot, whereas SMAC checks for one type (and in a different way).
You can use both SMAC and Lilac together without conflicts.

Only thing I would not recommend is using SMAC's Eye-Test module if you're going to be enabling the backtrack patch in Lilac.
Hello, help me configure your anti-cheat for the web panel [v1.1.5.4] Material Admin - SB ++ 1.5.4.7 reform so that the ban is displayed in the web panel and you can unban it.
larrybrains
Old 04-29-2020 , 00:32   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Tanzanite View Post
Version 1.2.0 is done and it should compile and run for SM version 1.9 (and older version hopefully).
You can find it at: https://github.com/J-Tanzanite/Little-Anti-Cheat
(I will update Lilac on this forum after a few days of knowing if version 1.2.0 is stable, gotta be sure).

Note, the lilac.smx file is version 1.0.0 (Stable build).
lilac.sp is version 1.2.0, and is the one you need to compile.

Hopefully, this should work for you two.
Thanks for making it SM 1.9 compatible.

I compiled it and ran it in logging only mode on my L4D2 server tonight and it looks like it is giving a bunch of false positives. I know this, because I was one of those false positives:

Code:
2020/04/28 20:57:24 [Version 1.2.0] {Name: "larry" | SteamID: STEAM_X:X:XXXXXX | IP: XX.XXX.XX.X} was detected and banned for Angle-Cheats (Pitch: 368.46, Yaw: -145.16, Roll: 0.00).
	Pos={784,-1121,-40}, Angles={368.46655,-145.16104,0.00000}, Map="c10m4_mainstreet", Team={3}, Weapon="weapon_smoker_claw", Latency={Inc:0.000169,Out:0.084999}, Loss={Inc:0.000000,Out:0.000000}, Choke={Inc:0.021083,Out:0.004596}, ConnectionTime={3305.994628 seconds}, GameTime={494.849975 seconds}
It seems to only be coming up with false positives for the Angle-Cheats when people are playing as the Smoker on the infected team. Maybe a solution would be to turn off Angle Cheat detection when playing on the Infected team in L4D2 versus?

Otherwise it is seems to be running well, but I do have a few suggestions:
  1. It would be nice to have the lilac_config.cfg in the /cfg/sourcemod/ folder along with the rest of the other plugin related cfg files.
  2. It would also be good if the log was in the /addons/sourcemod/logs/ folder. This is where other plugins store their logs as opposed to in the main game folder. It actually took me a while to find the log file.
  3. Can you add a method for disabling lilac_max_lerp detection, or if I want this off should I just set it to a ridiculously high number like 9999? I ask, because I already have lerp monitoring/kicking on my server, and would prefer to use that.

Thanks again for your work on this. It's a promising new Anti-cheat option to run along side SMAC.
J_Tanzanite
Old 04-29-2020 , 01:09   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybrains View Post
Thanks for making it SM 1.9 compatible.

I compiled it and ran it in logging only mode on my L4D2 server tonight and it looks like it is giving a bunch of false positives. I know this, because I was one of those false positives:

[CODE]2020/04/28 20:57:24 [Version 1.2.0] {Name: "larry" | SteamID: STEAM_X:X:XXXXXX | IP: XX.XXX.XX.X} was detected and banned for Angle-Cheats (Pitch: 368.46, Yaw: -145.16, Roll: 0.00).
Pos={784,-1121,-40}, Angles={368.46655,-145.16104,0.00000}, Map="c10m4_mainstreet", Team={3}, Weapon="weapon_smoker_claw", Latency={Inc:0.000169,Out:0.084999}, Loss={Inc:0.000000,Out:0.000000}, Choke={Inc:0.021083,Out:0.004596}, ConnectionTime={3305.994628 seconds}, GameTime={494.849975 seconds}[/COD$

It seems to only be coming up with false positives for the Angle-Cheats when people are playing as the Smoker on the infected team. Maybe a solution would be to turn off Angle Cheat detection when playing on the Infected team in L4D2 versus?

1. It would be nice to have the lilac_config.cfg in the /cfg/sourcemod/ folder along with the rest of the other plugin related cfg files.
  2. It would also be good if the log was in the /addons/sourcemod/logs/ folder. This is where other plugins store their logs as opposed to in the main game folder. It actually took me a while to find the log file.
  3. Can you add a method for disabling lilac_max_lerp detection, or if I want this off should I just set it to a ridiculously high number like 9999? I ask, because I already have lerp monitoring/kicking on my server, and would prefer to use that.

Thanks again for your work on this. It's a promising new Anti-cheat option to run along side SMAC.
Huh... That's interesting, L4D2 seems to have different pitch constraints from that of other source games... I'll look more into this and add an exception. Thanks for reporting this (Will add you to credits once I have a fix for it).

About an hour ago, I updated Lilac on my github page (https://github.com/J-Tanzanite/Little-Anti-Cheat) where the config file will now automatically be generated in your "cfg/sourcemod" folder.
But, if you already have your config setup in your "cfg/" folder, it will instead use that file.
This is just so server owners who already have setup their config won't have the plugin suddenly disobey them (which might cause issues).
If you wish to change the config location with the latest release, just delete the current config file or move it to the new location (cfg/sourcemod).

As for detection logs.
I don't mind changing that file location at all, as it won't break anything.
Tho, it will probably be really annoying for server owners who already are used to the current log location.
But I think that's just something that has to change.
In the long run, it's better to move it where it should have been in the first place - less people will be annoyed overall.

lilac_max_lerp has a method of disabling it, the maximum source games allows is 0.5 (500 ms), and you can set it to 0.51 (510 ms), effectively disabling it.
Tho, I think I'll change it so you can instead set it to 0, just like how lilac_max_ping works.
J_Tanzanite
Old 04-29-2020 , 01:17   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastkill91 View Post
Hello, help me configure your anti-cheat for the web panel [v1.1.5.4] Material Admin - SB ++ 1.5.4.7 reform so that the ban is displayed in the web panel and you can unban it.
I don't know anything about web panels, so I really can't help you out there.
Also, I'm assuming this is purely website stuff, and thus, there's really nothing I can change in my plugin to affect it.

Website development and management isn't something I'm familiar with.

As for SB++ 1.5.4.7, is there anything different in that version from the latest release (1.6.3) that means I have to change anything in my plugin?

Last edited by J_Tanzanite; 04-29-2020 at 01:18. Reason: typo
J_Tanzanite
Old 04-29-2020 , 03:49   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybrains View Post

Alright, version 1.3.0 has the fixes and changes you requested, try it out and tell me how it works.

If all is fine, this is the version that will be released on this site.
Merrill
Old 04-29-2020 , 16:26   Re: [ANY] Little Anti-Cheat
Reply With Quote #60

This showed up in today's log.

2020/04/29 11:05:40 [Version 1.0.0] {Name: "[ÐÐ-Cali SV98]" | SteamID: STEAM_0:0:54380284 | IP: 45.136.170.202} was kicked for exploiting interpolation (200.000ms / 105ms max).

I've read every post here and maybe I missed it but what is "interpolation" and how did client trigger it?

Merrill