Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v2.3.0 (20201024)]

Post New Thread Reply   

rikka0w0
Old 07-15-2018 , 11:43   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi.Cura View Post
I think I found what's happening.

I use a pluguim called (l4d_campaign_manager.smx) and I have a folder called "missions", with all the .TXT files of the maps.

Probably the new plugin would track this folder as well and add the map names again.

The Plugin, (l4d_campaign_manager.smx) has always been useful because it is added to the admin menu, so that only Admins could change map at any time.

To test again, I deleted the missions folder and removed the plugin (l4d_campaign_manager.smx), and now the campaigns have been tracking correctly.

When testing in game, voting starts but does not show custom maps, only regular maps are shown in the voting option. Even though all maps appear correctly in the missions.cache folder.

Well, since I just reported it, I do not know what's wrong, it did not work for me.

I missed the plugin (l4d_campaign_manager.smx) in the admin menu, then re-used again. Because ( l4d2_mission_manager.smx ) does not work in the admin menu, it is connected to !Chmap, right.
I think it would be best for! Chmap to work by Admins (Flag), only.
And do not only disable and enable.

But congratulations for the incredible work, the fact that you no longer need to edit the .SP file is extraordinary.
Really appreciate ~ Hardcoding is never the elegant way ~

I know whats happening. There are two "missions" folder in your case, one is the virtual one, which is "created" by the source engine during runtime, its contents are in VPK files. The other one is the one created by "l4d_campaign_manager". Somehow the source engine reads two folder at the same time and creates a confusion to "l4d2_mission_manager", which leads to duplicated campaigns.

I suspect that "l4d_campaign_manager" is written for L4D and hasn't been updated for years. I guess that how L4D and L4D2 store mission info are vastly different. There might be a "missions" folder in L4D even without "l4d_campaign_manager" installed. I don't have L4D in my steam so I can not test my hypothesis. <--- Someone please confirm this, thanks in advance!

I'm also thinking about adding a menu for admins to switch maps without players' consent, it could be a better replacement to "l4d_campaign_manager"
That is, "!chmap" is for both admins and players, the menu is for admins only.
Old 07-15-2018 , 11:49   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikka0w0 View Post
I'm also thinking about adding a menu for admins to switch maps without players' consent, it could be a better replacement to "l4d_campaign_manager"
That is, "!chmap" is for both admins and players, the menu is for admins only.

This would be incredible, and it would not be necessary to use (l4d_campaign_manager.smx)
rikka0w0
Old 07-15-2018 , 12:00   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
This would be incredible, and it would not be necessary to use (l4d_campaign_manager.smx)
After thinking for a while, I prefer to add the menu to l4d2_mission_manager not ACS
Old 07-15-2018 , 12:15   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #54

Here's another idea for supporting survival mode in addition to using the /chmap to call for another map change - same thing for finale maps where max fail rate can be set in .cfg, enable voting for the next survival map before the last failure set?
Mi.Cura
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2018 , 13:50   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #55

Quote:
After thinking for a while, I prefer to add the menu to l4d2_mission_manager not ACS
That would be perfect.
rikka0w0
Old 07-16-2018 , 01:31   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
Here's another idea for supporting survival mode in addition to using the /chmap to call for another map change - same thing for finale maps where max fail rate can be set in .cfg, enable voting for the next survival map before the last failure set?
That sounds good to me. But survival games can't win, so the players many prefer to stay on a map to push their records.
Old 07-16-2018 , 01:36   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #57

Quote:
That sounds good to me. But survival games can't win, so the players many prefer to stay on a map to push their records.
Correct, so the logic would be to notify them that they are reaching the .cfg limit - vote to repeat or change maps, like that.
Mi.Cura
Veteran Member
Old 07-20-2018 , 15:37   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #58

Quote:

Please do not let this idea die.

I check every day here in the forum to see if the menu (mission_manager) has been added to the plugin.

I'm not rushing you, it's just a request not to let this idea die, okay?

When it's released, it'll be great.
rikka0w0
Old 07-20-2018 , 21:12   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #59

Quote:
Please do not let this idea die.

I check every day here in the forum to see if the menu (mission_manager) has been added to the plugin.

I'm not rushing you, it's just a request not to let this idea die, okay?

When it's released, it'll be great.
hi im still working on it, it may take a while and currently i dont have much time for coding. but you wont be disappointed x
Old 07-20-2018 , 21:19   Re: [L4D2] Improved Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.9.0 (20180706)]
Reply With Quote #60

Quote:
hi im still working on it, it may take a while and currently i dont have much time for coding. but you wont be disappointed x