Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Converting plugins.

MercenaryX2
Old 03-28-2007 , 14:21   Converting plugins.

First off, I have been using AMX for 3 and 1/2 years and I have loved every moment using it. No problems with crashing at all and great support, and I'm not posting this to support AMX but to possibly give recommendations for AMXX users so that maybe you can get more people to use AMXX possibly, but what I would like to know is first, has anyone on the AMXX team made a way publicly to convert AMX plugins to AMXX? Now I don't mean that we give the plugin to someone so they can convert it themself, I mean the way like AMX did so. If someone has done so please show me, and if not, I would recommend doing so. There are quite a few plugins specifically designed for AMX and not for AMXX.
vvg125
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 03-28-2007 , 14:38   Re: Converting plugins.

That's what the amx_compat.amxx plugin is for. If it still doesn't work, you will need to have it ported.
Old 03-28-2007 , 14:52   Re: Converting plugins.

Ok, so what do I do with it? Just put the regular .amx files in the plugins folder and put the plugin name in the plugins.ini file like normal?
SweatyBanana
BANNED
Old 03-29-2007 , 10:35   Re: Converting plugins.

Are you the person that I was converting farts, puke, and ejac for? If so, these will not be ported publicly seeing as they are against the rules on these boards. If you want me to, I can work on them while I am on my way home from Florida tomorrow.
Send a message via AIM to SweatyBanana Send a message via Yahoo to SweatyBanana
MercenaryX2
Old 03-30-2007 , 12:21   Re: Converting plugins.

Dude this is my first time on these forums. That was my first post. I have no use for those plugins seeing how when I used AMXX I did not like it. Not to crack on AMXX or anything but personally I see AMX 100% better.
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 03-30-2007 , 12:30   Re: Converting plugins.

Do you still have any issues that need resolving or no?
Old 03-30-2007 , 23:11   Re: Converting plugins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercenaryX2 View Post
Ok, so what do I do with it? Just put the regular .amx files in the plugins folder and put the plugin name in the plugins.ini file like normal?
You enable the plugin called "amxmod_compat.amxx", and then you enable the standard .amx file (or attempt to recompile it in and load the outputted amxx file) of the plugin you want converted.

Not every plugin works like this, but those that do not can be fixed up fairly trivially.
SweatyBanana
BANNED
Old 03-31-2007 , 12:34   Re: Converting plugins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercenaryX2 View Post
Dude this is my first time on these forums. That was my first post. I have no use for those plugins seeing how when I used AMXX I did not like it. Not to crack on AMXX or anything but personally I see AMX 100% better.
My bad. I got a request while I was in Florida from somebody like an hour before I saw this posted here.. He requested that I port three plugins for him.

You can post all of your requests in here for porting plugins (or suggestions/requests) and we will be happy to throw our best effort at it.

If you are having a problem loading a plugin to run on AmxModX that you got from amxmod.net, and your server keeps crashing/shutting down after installing the plugin, you most likely didn't notice the function in the plugin to execute the command "quit" on the server console if the cvar "amxmodx_version" exists.

I think that this had to be the stupidest of all attempts by amxmod to keep people from converting to amxmodx.
sawce
The null pointer exception error and virtual machine bug
Old 03-31-2007 , 13:30   Re: Converting plugins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweatyBanana View Post
If you are having a problem loading a plugin to run on AmxModX that you got from amxmod.net, and your server keeps crashing/shutting down after installing the plugin, you most likely didn't notice the function in the plugin to execute the command "quit" on the server console if the cvar "amxmodx_version" exists.

I think that this had to be the stupidest of all attempts by amxmod to keep people from converting to amxmodx.
This is blocked internally. None of the known methods of amxmod plugins doing this should work in 1.76d.
SweatyBanana
BANNED
Old 03-31-2007 , 21:36   Re: Converting plugins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawce View Post
This is blocked internally. None of the known methods of amxmod plugins doing this should work in 1.76d.
How about this:

Code:
public plugin_precache()
{
  if(cvar_exists("amxmodx_version")) server_cmd("quit")
  server_cmd("meta force_unload AMXX")
  server_cmd("meta require amx_mm")
  //Actual precached stuff
}