Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

CSGO Gamemode Issue

Post New Thread Reply   

tommie
Old 09-12-2020 , 22:07   CSGO Gamemode Issue
Reply With Quote #1

Hello AM,

I'm having a problem with my maps changing my gamemode settings, for example, I'm using the gamemode casual with my settings I set up in "gamemode_casual.cfg" and they'll work fine for some maps but other maps will change some of the settings and screw up the whole server.

Another example of this is when I have it set to have no warmup but then the map changes it to have a 99-minute warmup and I'm not sure how to fix it.

If someone could help me that would be great and if the post is in the wrong section forgive me I've only posted here once.
mlov420
Old 09-13-2020 , 15:28   Re: CSGO Gamemode Issue
Reply With Quote #2

gamemode_casual.cfg, and other files similar (gamemode_competitive.cfg, gamemode_deathmatch.cfg, etc.) are default files that come with the game. If you update them, once there is a CS:GO update, those files will get set back to their defaults, meaning your custom settings will get changed back. Also, they are one of the first cfg files that get loaded, so often times other configs will override their settings.

What you want to do is take that gamemode_casual.cfg file, duplicate it, and rename it to gamemode_casual_server.cfg

Once you do that, set all your custom configurations in this new file. When you change from map to map, this will be the last standard config to load and your settings should remain however you've set them. Some maps do have custom settings that will change things, but your gamemode_whatever_server.cfg file *should* override them.

This new file will not get overwritten when CS:GO updates, it will always keep whatever settings you set. You don't need to do anything special for the game to recognize and read this new file, it will automatically do it if you set the name to gamemode_casual_server.cfg and are running the Casual gamemode (game_mode 0, game_type 0 )

Hope this helps!

Last edited by mlov420; 09-13-2020 at 15:29.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 09-13-2020 , 15:49   Re: CSGO Gamemode Issue
Reply With Quote #3

Hi. *edit, sry late post*

Well first for all... in CSGO, you not edit gamemode_casual.cfg file.
Spoiler

If you not have trouble your current settings, then forget above for now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To your map problem.
Try look file called ...csgo/bspconvar_whitelist.txt
Inside that file, it says:
Code:
// This file should include convars which custom bsps are permitted to change via the bsp cfg file
// if a convar doesn't exist in this list, a map is not permitted to change it via the map's cfg file
// all convars in this list will also get set to their default values when a game mode cfg file is executed

So, go and look, do you have map config inside ...csgo/maps/cfg/mapname.cfg
If so, rename it else or delete.

If not, then inside bspconvar_whitelist.txt
try disable cvars with double slash //, then change level :
Code:
	mp_use_respawn_waves								1	// When set to 1, and that player's team is set to respawn, they will respawn in waves.
	//mp_warmup_pausetimer								1	// Set to 1 to stay in warmup indefinitely. Set to 0 to resume the timer.
	//mp_warmuptime										1	// How long the warmup period lasts. Changing this value resets warmup.
	//mp_warmuptime_all_players_connected					1	// How long the warmup period lasts after all humans have connected.
	mp_weapon_self_inflict_amount						1	// Attacking damages you if you miss (can't die from this damage)

If that even not work.

You maybe need use MetaMod: Source plugin called Stripper.
But try above thing first.

*edit
You could tell us map name, hyperlink

Last edited by Bacardi; 09-13-2020 at 16:16. Reason: nvm
tommie
Old 09-13-2020 , 18:08   Re: CSGO Gamemode Issue
Reply With Quote #4

Sorry for the late response, I will give your suggestions a try and if I have any problems I'll report here
tommie
Old 09-13-2020 , 18:31   Re: CSGO Gamemode Issue
Reply With Quote #5

both methods gave me a little bit of knowledge for the future and all my maps are working and setting the right cvars thank you for your time
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 09-14-2020 , 01:26   Re: CSGO Gamemode Issue
Reply With Quote #6

Can you tell, what you did for fixing problem?
So someone else can find solution. This why forums are.
Old 09-21-2020 , 12:10   Re: CSGO Gamemode Issue
Reply With Quote #7

I copied the causal gamemode and called it "gamemode_casual_server" in my cfg folder, and it stopped most issues I was having except for a few like changing the time of the rounds and adding warmup and so I went into "csgo/bspconvar_whitelist.txt" and commented out any commands I didn't want maps to change and it worked like a charm.

Sorry for the late response
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2020 , 12:30   Re: CSGO Gamemode Issue
Reply With Quote #8

Nice