Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

lucasdidur
Old 08-24-2012 , 09:09   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheXP View Post
Yeah, Eggman did, and anyone who wants to keep FF2 alive should fix it.

I don't know what's happening with Eggman, he do not update FF2 any more.
If not for Powerlord, FF2 was already dead.

Thanks Powerlord, for always keep FF2 up to date.

Huntereb
>:) (:<
Old 08-24-2012 , 09:41   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

So I can revert to the bosses who convert ragdolls into props now without it crashing? I want to know before I update it...
billlin12345
Old 08-24-2012 , 09:50   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

I don't know if you guys are aware of this problem, or maybe it's just the server I'm on, but the crusader crossbow is very buggy: Mostly it does 0 dmg to bosses, sometimes it does 150 dmg instead of the 350+, and sometimes it instant kills all the bosses in 1 hit. When you look at the stats of the crusader crossbow it sometimes has a -150% dmg stat which is probably why it mostly does 0 dmg. Thanks for reading.
MasterOfTheXP
Veteran Member
Old 08-24-2012 , 10:01   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

That server needs an update to TF2Items. Let 'em know.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-24-2012 , 10:47   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
Heads up, it looks like Valve fixed the Monoculus Health Bar today, but only for tank_boss in non-MvM games. Iono how that helps. (It's still broken for actual Monoculus).
Without knowing how MvM accesses the health bar, it's impossible to know how to fix it. Last I checked, the monster_resource entity is still loaded, but its values are totally ignored.

I haven't set anything up to log VGUI messages to see if health bars are being done that way or not. Otherwise, I don't see any new UserMessages or Events that could be causing it.
Veteran Member
Old 08-24-2012 , 16:12   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

I need to bump a earlier message. I am still getting lots of crashes and I can duplicate this.
After a server crash, it seems the server can fill up rather quickly without a crash. Lets say about 20 or so join, I can lock it down to prevent any more joining later and the server will run fine for hours with no issues. However I later connect via the set password, it crashes as soon as I go in. Otherwise, if I leave it open, I still get random crashes and the server might run 10 minutes or it might run at best about an hour or so on average before a random crash, but it seems it mainly crashes upon a new player joining after it has run a bit.
Other symptoms I see from other servers is folks get hung on "receiving server info..." step of a normal new connection, where it stays at this step unless I am using the nomvm.ext.2.ep2v which said that it fixed this issue also. I am just at my wit's end on this as I have done what all has been said previously and never had any crashing before 8.15 mvm update and Saxton hale runs fine. This just makes no sense, why others here are running with no crashes. The main instability is just FF2. Others here can basically run without crashing, I am def. using the same plugins as others, can strip it down clean to a minimal other plugins, am definitely using the latest tf2items and latest 1.4.5 snapshot but if left unlocked I get random crashes.
I guess I am going to reinstall the server to wipe everything and install saxton hale on it cuz I simply can not run ff2 on linux. I have to believe that Valve has caused this as I expected that mvm update was going to break things and i made no changes to the server right before the mvm update. I have tried powerlords verion of 1.06d and the non powerlord version ( what I was originally using ) and nothing I can do helps.
Right after Thursdays update ( was hoping that would fix things ) I ran for about 1.5 hours fine and unlocked. Today I saw crash after crash, typically about one every 5 - 10 minutes
I think it is a function of a new connection but it is random. I have simply run out of troubleshooting strategies as the only thing I can do to duplicate a symptom is to have a lot in there, then lock it down so it will run a long time, and connect after it has run a long time. If I do that chain of events, I am almost guaranteed to crash it the very second I connect. I am trying to get folks to favorite my new Windows server and if that starts crashing, then I am dead in the water. This new windows server is not yet using the remote database like all other servers are using (SQL client preferences, sourcebans, redirects, etc.)
It just seems dern odd that I never had a crash before mvm, I have done everything discussed and it behaves like this. Also if the server just runs with no connections, it runs fine all night, but let it get loaded and run a while and a new connection and a crash is almost guaranteed. Let it get full and lock it down, and it will run fine for lord knows how long. I have seen it go 2-3 hours under that situation

EDITED, now my brand new Windows server with minimal basic just crashed.. I just can not get FF2 to run well on anything

Last edited by BBG_Theory; 08-24-2012 at 17:08.
Huntereb
>:) (:<
Old 08-24-2012 , 16:57   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

After that update for FF2 was released, the server still crashes from the Bill boss turning players into props. You should edit your post so it doesn't say it fixed it, because it didn't.
BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 08-24-2012 , 17:35   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

I have gone through all bosses and removed that. Bill and several others had that, like Jason did also

Current load on new Windows server

"Admin File Reader" (1.4.5-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
"Admin Help" (1.4.5-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
"Admin Menu" (1.4.5-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
"The Amplifier" (2.4) by RainBolt Dash (plugin); Jumento M.D. (idea & model); Naris and FlaminSarge (helpers)
"Anti-Flood" (1.4.5-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
"Basic Ban Commands" (1.4.5-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
"Basic Chat" (1.4.5-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
"Basic Comm Control" (1.4.5-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
"Basic Commands" (1.4.5-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
"Basic Info Triggers" (1.4.5-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
"Basic Votes" (1.4.5-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
"Blah" (1.0.0.1) by BigBangTheory
"Client Preferences" (1.4.5-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
"Freak Fortress 2: Boss Selection" by RainBolt Dash
"Freak Fortress 2" (1.06d) by Rainbolt Dash, FlaminSarge
"Fun Commands" (1.4.5-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
"Fun Votes" (1.4.5-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
"[TF2] High Five Enemies" (1.0) by FlaminSarge
"{BBG} MOTD Backpack" (2.2) by BigBangTheory
"Nextmap" (1.4.5-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
"Player Commands" (1.4.5-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
"Reserved Slots" (1.4.5-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
"{MSTR} Rocket" (1.1) by MasterOfTheXP
"Sound Commands" (1.4.5-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
"Spray Tracer" (5.8a) by Nican132, CptMoore, Lebson506th
"Taunt Crits" (1.6) by HeMe3iC
"TF Force Holidays" (1.7.0) by Powerlord
"Freak Fortress 2: Default Abilities" by RainBolt Dash
"FF2 Package - Mokou + Radigan Conagher" by EP
"Freak Fortress 2: Abilities of 1st set" by RainBolt Dash
"Freak Fortress 2: Saxtoner Ability Pack (1.2)" by Otokiru
"Freak Fortress 2: WC3 Ability Pack (1.1)" by Otokiru
"Freak Fortress 2: Powerlord Abilities" (1.0) by Powerlord
"Freak Fortress 2: rage_overlay" by Jery0987, RainBolt Dash
"Freak Fortress 2: special_noanims" by RainBolt Dash

I have run without blah, which just removes the baby face only, an my BP plugin... those make no difference
Also running the very latest 1.4.5 SM
again never had any problems before MvM. Funny thing is my duos work fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntereb View Post
After that update for FF2 was released, the server still crashes from the Bill boss turning players into props. You should edit your post so it doesn't say it fixed it, because it didn't.
it did seem to help at the time, but new info shows still plagued with crashing... I will edit.. but I def. have not special drop abilities in any bosses

EDITED AGAIN,
should we try sdkhooks 2.2.0? http://users.alliedmods.net/~psychon.../sdkhooks/2.2/

well the windows server ran for like 2 hours and when on 2fortdesk I got a crash, bad thing is with the linux crash, the server comes right back, with Windows.. it does not recover. I am so upset im about to give up on TF2.. I just can not make FF2 work to save my life
Ive been running FF2 since day 1 and this mvm has killed me

Last edited by BBG_Theory; 08-24-2012 at 20:36.
Otokiru
Old 08-24-2012 , 20:52   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

@BBG_Theory, i think u missed this godly plugin: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=724109
BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 08-24-2012 , 22:55   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otokiru View Post
@BBG_Theory, i think u missed this godly plugin: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=724109
Yes sir, I have tried that and currently have it and the nomvm ( mainly due to the hanging on "retrieving server info...)

I am POSITIVE of this I am going to almost call a fact, it has to do with new connections.
Here is why, I can lock the server and it will run for hours.
The fact it will run fine for a very long time once passworded ( no one else knows the pass), I have to rule out a boss problem. The minute the server ( after running a while) gets unpassworded or I join via pass, it crashes!

I have now striped down to bear minimums. No boss selection (via /ff2boss ), not much of anything

I dont have donor or anything like that EXCEPT for client preferences ( tied to remote SQL )
In fact what was using remote SQL was
"default"
"clientprefs"
"sourcebans"
"serverredirect"
and now that I have removed almost every possible plugin and yet still let basic FF2 work, so far I have not had a crash ( about 1 hour)

My current theory (haha) is it might have something to do with client preferences or the boss selection. Again what I have done for FF2, I still do for hale and PH and trade servers ( i run like 7 tf2 servers now) I have NO issues with anything else. Just FF2 and problems only after 8.15.2012 MvM

Again duplicated 3 times now is the following senerio:
server crashes, server fills up (maybe like 20 of 24 slots), I lock it down, It will run for an hour + however by that time, several have elected to leave. So when it gets down to like maybe 10 folks playing, I unlock it OR I connect via the password I set. The second someone connects, it crashes! So im thinking, what could be sensitive to a new client connection?

This is just the wierdest thing.. again Windows runs far better, but when it crashes, its dead till I restart. On linux, the server recovers in like 10 seconds

Why only FF2? and not VSH?

I plan on slowly ( only like 2 variables at a time ) adding back SLOWLY once I am at a point of being stable. My gut is saying either boss selection or client preferences (non SQL lite)

I have gone to several of you guys servers and some of you all are runing from 70 to 100 plugins

I have also learned that one of the versions of FF2 out there is responsible for the no duos

Last edited by BBG_Theory; 08-24-2012 at 23:56.
Closed Thread