Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Solved How do I make my server "keep maps up to date with the Steam Workshop"?

Post New Thread Reply   

Effeff
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-20-2019 , 19:56   How do I make my server "keep maps up to date with the Steam Workshop"?
Reply With Quote #1

Solved: use "ds_get_newest_subscribed_files" in config
(although that isn't the solution to the problem in the title it solves the problem I was having)

This question is for a CS:GO Dedicated Server

The symbol as it appears in the community server browser:

I followed the instructions at developer.valvesoftware.com.

It says to add this to the server's launch parameters: "+host_workshop_collection COLLECTIONID +workshop_start_map MAPID -authkey YOURAUTHKEYHERE", where authkey proves I own a steam account which can access the workshop, host_workshop_collection downloads all of the maps in the collection to the ../csgo/maps/workshop/... directory, and workshop_start_map has the server start on that particular map.

I thought that doing this alone would be enough. It says if I do this, then "When changing levels to a workshop map, your server will first check if a newer version is available and download it if needed."

Clients do download the latest version, but when they try to connect, if a workshop map is updated while my server was already running it says their version doesn't match the servers. My server does not download the latest versions of the map and I have to do "host_workshop_map MAPID" in order for my server to download the latest version of the map, even though the description above says it should download the latest version if it is available.

I also tried doing this: "Subscription lists are automatically loaded on startup and every time one calls ds_get_newest_subscribed_files the lists webapi_authkey.txt, subscribed_collection_ids.txt and subscribed_file_ids.txt are reloaded and the latest version of these workshop files are retrieved."

So I created those 3 files and put them in the ../csgo/ directory also. Still, I don't have that icon in the picture above, and on map change the latest workshop maps are not downloaded.

If it matters, I use the mapchooser/nominations/rockthevote plugins to change maps to these workshop maps - but even when renaming the addons folder and restarting my server, the problem persists. I'm not sure what other information I need to provide.

Last edited by Effeff; 05-21-2019 at 22:44.
Mask
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-21-2019 , 15:53   Re: How do I make my server "keep maps up to date with the Steam Workshop"?
Reply With Quote #2

This thing with "keep maps up to date with steam workshop" icon in the server browser has to do with a simple server respond to the query. If you want the icon to apear all you have to do just put cvars host_info_show 1 and host_players_show 2 to your server.cfg
Effeff
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-21-2019 , 16:36   Re: How do I make my server "keep maps up to date with the Steam Workshop"?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mask View Post
This thing with "keep maps up to date with steam workshop" icon in the server browser has to do with a simple server respond to the query. If you want the icon to apear all you have to do just put cvars host_info_show 1 and host_players_show 2 to your server.cfg
ah so it wouldn't actually solve my problem. I will try this and see if the icon pops up.

Anyway, the link I included says it should still be updating to the latest versions of the workshop maps upon map change if I followed the steps (i.e. changing map with host_workshop_map or host_workshop_collection), but it doesn't.

I change maps with mapchooser plugin, and in mapcycle/maplist have them written as "/workshop/MAP_ID/MAP_NAME" for each. Could it be that the mapchooser plugin is not changing maps with "host_workshop_map MAP_ID"?