Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Solved Setting up multiple map cycles

Post New Thread Reply   

velheka
Old 06-22-2017 , 14:04   Setting up multiple map cycles
Reply With Quote #1

Hey there,

I'm not sure if this the right place so sorry if it isn't.

I'm trying to set up a multi-modded server for me and my friends and I'm having a serious problem with handling map cycles.

The server is running KZ, Surf, Retake, 1v1 and normal competitive mode. The idea is to switch between them with scripts or an extension to load a certain script given the map prefix. The scripts load/unload the plugins required and do some other small changes.

All of that is working, but I still have no idea what's the best way of separating the kz_, am_ surf_ and the normal maps from each other. Using mapgroups seems like it'd be a total pain to keep the custom mapcycle config up to date, so I was planning on using host_workshop_map collection. Question is does host_workshop_map collection work while the server is running? Or can it only be run once as the server starts up in the form +Host_workshop_collection? If I can call it multiple times then I can just make a bunch of different collections, each only containing kz maps, or aim maps, etc, then just run that modified host_workshop_collection command in the respective script. If not, then I have no idea how to deal with this.

If anyone has any ideas or has any experience in setting up servers with multiple map cycles I'd love to here from you.

Thanks!
Vel

EDIT: Ok so to get it working I’ve enabled nextmap.smx and mapchooser.smx, and added a line at the top of the scripts that execute different gamemodes: sm_cvar nextmapcycle [name of mapcyclefile].txt

Then I’ve added the various mapcycle.txt files in the root folder. The nextmap and nominate seem to detect a mapcyclefile change after a map is loaded so adding that command before booting into the map works well!

In case this ever helps anyone else set something like this up, this is the script I’m using to execute my kz settings for example, activated whenever a map has a kz_ prefix:

Code:
sm_cvar mapcyclefile "mapcyclekz.txt"
sm plugins unload disabled/multi1v1
sm plugins unload disabled/multi1v1_flashbangs
sm plugins unload disabled/multi1v1_kniferounds
sm plugins unload disabled/NadeTails
sm plugins unload disabled/retakes
sm plugins unload disabled/retakes_pistolallocator
sm plugins unload disabled/retakes_standardallocator
sm plugins load disabled/KZTimerGlobal
sm plugins load disabled/KZErrorBoxFixer
game_type 0 
game_mode 1
hostname "Server [KZ]"
sv_password ""
bot_kick

Last edited by velheka; 06-23-2017 at 20:51.
ambn
Veteran Member
Old 06-22-2017 , 14:36   Re: Setting up multiple map cycles
Reply With Quote #2

I'm not sure but i can recall i have seen a code much like mapcyclefile , i guess this could solve your problem
Old 06-23-2017 , 20:49   Re: Setting up multiple map cycles
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambn View Post
I'm not sure but i can recall i have seen a code much like mapcyclefile , i guess this could solve your problem
Thanks dude, I didn't know about the mapcyclefile cvar!