Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 09-27-2020 , 22:02   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTro1 View Post
like for this update, i will remake or upgrade the extensions that i need to be compatible with the config i use, of course for private use.
Quote:
with all my respect to everyone working or making effort for this community of course.
So you like to use stuff we provide, but don't provide anything back? Nice.

You say optimized for 10 years ago, lag etc.. Using 1.7 will have more issues and is less optimized than 1.10/1.11. There was a memory leak with FindConVar for example and bunch of old L4D/2 plugins constantly call FindConVar instead of caching the handle. These and other reasons it's suggested to update, but yes, each to their own. Your server, your problem. Enjoy
Old 09-27-2020 , 22:03   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus101RR View Post
I'm still crashing from the moment server starts to joining it, no idea why
Probably need to manually update the 2 SM gamedatas since the server doesn't get a chance to update before crashing. See 1st post.
Old 09-27-2020 , 22:19   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
lol sorry but you just said im living under a rock so i think the stuff that im making, no one wants it though all people almost using the updated stuff, so its useless to share it. but i help anyone asking for help at same time i ask for help when i need and thanks again for everyone making effort for this community including you.

Quote:
You say optimized for 10 years ago, lag etc.. Using 1.7 will have more issues and is less optimized than 1.10/1.11. There was a memory leak with FindConVar for example and bunch of old L4D/2 plugins constantly call FindConVar instead of caching the handle. These and other reasons it's suggested to update, but yes, each to their own. Your server, your problem. Enjoy
coding is like art and everyone has his own way and tricks but the result is the same.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 09-27-2020 , 22:57   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Quote:
this is not something nice to say man and im not an arrogant guy but my servers are the most populated and always in top 5 in gametracker and by the way i did not ask for help and i dont need help and i can upgrade or update all the stuff by myself, i just told the other guy why he getting that error.
Was really not pointing fingers at anyone about 1.7 in general where people use unsupported sm builds post crap about stuff not working because they using newer compiles of stuff on older builds, common issues today are 1.9 to 1.10 compile errors at runtime.

Quote:
no one wants it though all people almost using the updated stuff, so its useless to share it.
Pretty sure if it's top5 and is not nosteam server, then people will want it, older compiles of stuff i run made in 1.6 still work fine so updating is not required if it's coded fine.

*cough cough* Darkwob

But pretty sure you run paywall plugins for VIP.

Quote:
well you are right in some points, but there is other facts, like for lag as you know this game is optimized for 10 years ago hardware and CPU demanding and even in vanilla servers with many entities in game you get lag.
Not really not all entities think all the time and do trickle updates it don't resend the whole entity data every snapshot update if anything source engine handles entities pretty well in left 4 dead.

If you are networking stuff that don't need to be or creating full entities 1 time use particles as example for an explosions or bullet tracers then yes creating new entities all the time are expensive and for network too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus101RR View Post
I'm still crashing from the moment server starts to joining it, no idea why
Quote:
Probably need to manually update the 2 SM gamedatas since the server doesn't get a chance to update before crashing. See 1st post.
Marcus101RR this was something I had to do

Quote:
It is what it is.

Commission me for L4D
NiTro1
Old 09-27-2020 , 23:09   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
Was really not pointing fingers at anyone about 1.7 in general where people use unsupported sm builds post crap about stuff not working because they using newer compiles of stuff on older builds, common issues today are 1.9 to 1.10 compile errors at runtime.

Pretty sure if it's top5 and is not nosteam server, then people will want it, older compiles of stuff i run made in 1.6 still work fine so updating is not required if it's coded fine.

*cough cough* Darkwob

But pretty sure you run paywall plugins for VIP.
You should say some people and not all people using earlier builds of SM or whatever, and many servers in top rank and from the best l4d2 servers and using even SM 1.6 or previous builds.

For VIP you know we have to pay for many things and we have many charges and bills every month, beside the time and effort we doing, so this is normal and necessary.

so you are Darkwob ?

Last edited by NiTro1; 09-27-2020 at 23:16.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 09-27-2020 , 23:24   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Quote:
You can say some people and not all people using earlier builds of SM or whatever, and many servers in top rank and from the best l4d2 servers and using even SM 1.6 or previous builds.

For VIP you know we have to pay for many things and we have many charges and bills every month, beside the time and effort we doing, so this is normal and necessary.

so you are Darkwob ?
Being top server has nothing to do with posting errors caused by running older builds with newer compiled versions of sm why do you keep mentioning it like sm has regressed since 1.6-1.7.

Why do you think i'm criticizing you about running vip?
Darkwob wants your stuff and "But pretty sure you run paywall plugins for VIP" comment has nothing to do with me judging about running vip
so please stop assuming.

No i'm not darkwob it's against alliedmodders rules to have 2 accounts.

Commission me for L4D
NiTro1
Old 09-27-2020 , 23:37   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
Being top server has nothing to do with posting errors caused by running older builds with newer compiled versions of sm why do you keep mentioning it like sm has regressed since 1.6-1.7.

Why do you think i'm criticizing you about running vip?
Darkwob wants your stuff and "But pretty sure you run paywall plugins for VIP" comment has nothing to do with me judging about running vip
so please stop assuming.

No i'm not darkwob it's against alliedmodders rules to have 2 accounts.
lol you mentioned VIP not me...and it has nothing to do with the topic here. and where did you see me post about errors ? just 1 time and then i found out it was a Host problem and i even helped them fix that problem...usually i dont post here its just this time to help people find out some bugs and problems and probably it will be the last.

For Darkwob he is a player in my server and was banned because toxic and breaking rules after warning him many times...and he is back now and he playing again in server.

Anyway keep arguing about this is useless and we are off the topic that this thread is made for and everyone is free to run his server whatever he likes.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 09-27-2020 , 23:51   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Quote:
lol you mentioned VIP not me...and it has nothing to do with the topic here. and where did you see me post about errors ? just 1 time and then i found out it was a Host problem and i even helped them fix that problem...usually i dont post here its just this time to help people find out some bugs and problems and probably it will be the last.

For Darkwob he is a player in my server and was banned because toxic and breaking rules after warning him many times...and he is back now and he playing again in server.

Anyway keep arguing about this is useless and we are off the topic that this thread is made for and everyone is free to run his server whatever he likes.
Jesus everything is about you you you.
I never mentioned you posting errors pretty sure you need to stop thinking everything is about you.

I mentioned vip because darkwob wants it but again it's about you you getting thinking you are getting criticized.

Ill say it again everything is not about yooooooooooou.

Woo.
Again sorry about this on this thread.

On the good note left 4 dead2 is now pretty stable and one of the most limiting bugs for mappers and modders is the model limit where can not use the full Models stringtable so yes 2048 models can be precached, if the map is not using any anyway this can open up alot of opportunities of running maps with all plugins that use models will function and extra room for mappers.

Thank you kerry for fixing my bug report!

Commission me for L4D
Smoak
Old 09-28-2020 , 03:09   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Quote:
Here i use this version in Versus and its working fine.
Still not working. Maybe I installed sourcemod wrong? If that's the case, I have no idea what files I'm supposed to have there.
dr_lex
Old 09-28-2020 , 03:15   Re: L4D2 - The Last Stand Update - Issues and Bugs - Mega Thread

Quote:
about the features and the new stuff you talking about, i always make or edit everything to suit my servers, like for this update, i will remake or upgrade the extensions that i need to be compatible with the config i use, of course for private use. Anyway everyone has got his point of view and what matters for me is stable servers with new stuff every while.

so using SM 1.7 does not mean im a retard or scared from updates as you said or running garbage servers as that guy said with all my respect to everyone working or making effort for this community of course.
What can be the stability on SM 1.7.3 ? I don't remember it being stable.
The SM 1.7 branch was the shortest in development. This is a transitional version between the old and new code.

SM 1.7 has a vulnerability that can crash the server. And this can be done by any player who knows this bug

Quote:
lol sorry but you just said im living under a rock so i think the stuff that im making, no one wants it though all people almost using the updated stuff, so its useless to share it. but i help anyone asking for help at same time i ask for help when i need and thanks again for everyone making effort for this community including you.

coding is like art and everyone has his own way and tricks but the result is the same.
I'm more inclined to believe that you can't just upgrade to newer SM's.
You can't ask for help either, because many of your works are copied, private, or don't have source code.

I visited your Coop 25 server
HTML Code:
SourceMod 1.7.3-dev+5326, by AlliedModders LLC

"Item Drop" (1.4.3) by NiTro & SupermenCJ
 "Antifarm Zones" (0.3) by SupermenCJ + NiTro
 "SourceBans: Admin Config Loader" ((SB++) 1.5.4.6) by AlliedModders LLC, Sarabveer(VEER™)
 "SM Zones" (1.1) by Root (based on "Anti Rush" plugin by Jannik 'Peace-Maker' Hartung)
 "Door Locker" (3.7) by NiTro + SupermenCJ
 "Adverts" (1.1) by wS / Schmidt
 "Name Filter" (1.6) by NiTro + SupermenCJ
 "PowerUps Rush" (2.0.0) by NiTro & Dusty1029
 "Parachute" (2.9) by NiTro & SupermenCJ
 "Flare" (2.3) by NiTro + SilverShot
 "Vote Mute" (1.1) by NiTro
 "Force Mission Changer" (1.5.5) by NiTro
 "Flashlight" (2.6) by NiTro + SilverShot
 "Elevator Fix" (1.0) by NiTro & Mr. Zero
 "SourceComms" (1.5) by NiTro & Alex & Sarabveer
 "sgfix.smx" sgfix.smx
 "Charger Power" (1.3) by NiTro + DJ_WEST
 "MultiSlots" (2.8) by NiTro & SupermenCJ
 "Spawn Uncommons" (1.0.9) by NiTro & AtomicStryker
 "Gnome" (1.2) by NiTro & SilverShot
 "L4D2 Bile the World" (1.0.7) by  AtomicStryker
 "Coop Tools" (0.8) by NiTro & SupermenCJ
 "Anti-Runner System" (2.2) by NiTro + SupermenCJ
 "SourceBans" (1.5) by NiTro & Sarabveer
 "[L4D2] superBoss" (1.0.5) by NiTro + SupermenCJ
 "[L4D2] Model Select" (1.1) by Accelerator
 "hide_cvar_print.smx" hide_cvar_print.smx
 "Boomer Bitch Slap" (1.0.1) by NiTro & AtomicStryker
 "Respawn" (1.3) by NiTro
 "Player Commands" (1.7.3-dev+5323) by AlliedModders LLC
 "Playerlist" (1.1) by NiTro + SupermenCJ
 "Fireworks" (1.6) by NiTro & SilverShot
 "CFG Execute" (1.2) by NiTro
 "hide_cvar_steamgroup.smx" hide_cvar_steamgroup.smx
 "In-game Help Menu" (0.3) by chundo
 "[L4D2] Keep item fix" (0.4.34) by Jonny
 "Respawn Rescue Closet" (1.2) by NiTro & SilverShot
 "FunCommands" (1.7.3-dev+5332) by AlliedModders LLC
 "SuperTanks.smx" SuperTanks.smx
 "Objects Spawner" (2.10) by NiTro + SupermenCJ
 "Players Fire" (1.5) by NiTro
 "Super Coop" (8.0) by NiTro & SupermenCJ
 "Alliance-Servers Basic Votes" (1.7.3-dev+5323) by NiTro & AlliedModders LLC
 "Custom Commands" (1.2) by honorcode23 & NiTro
 "Voice Announce" (1.3) by NiTro
 "Basic Info Triggers" (1.7.3-dev+5323) by AlliedModders LLC
 "Coop Stats" (3.9.8) by NiTro & SupermenCJ
 "Alliance Gifts" (1.5) by SupermenCJ + NiTro
 "L4D Restricted Zones" (1.3) by NiTro + SkyDavid
 "Spray Manager" (1.2.3) by NiTro
 "L4D2 precahe CSS weapons" (0.01) by SupermenCJ
 "Left 4 Dead 1,2 Counters" (1.1.7) by Jonny
 "First Aid Kit Revive" (1.1) by SupermenCJ & NiTro
 "Basic Chat" (1.7.3-dev+5323) by AlliedModders LLC
 "Basic Commands" (1.7.3-dev+5323) by AlliedModders LLC
 "Admin Menu" (1.7.3-dev+5323) by AlliedModders LLC
 "Admin Help" (1.7.3-dev+5323) by AlliedModders LLC
 "Fun Votes" (1.7.3-dev+5323) by AlliedModders LLC
 "Weapon/Zombie Spawner" (1.0a) by NiTro & Zuko & McFlurry
 "No Witch Hunting" (1.0) by NiTro & Mr. Zero
 "Map Recovery" (1.2) by NiTro & SupermenCJ
 "Physics" (1.2) by NiTro
 "Loot" (1.9) by NiTro & Jonny
 "Scene Processor" (1.0.1) by Buster "Mr. Zero" Nielsen
 "Coop Human Tank" (1.6) by NiTro Edition
 "Cloud Damage" (2.22) by NiTro & AtomicStryker
 "Glare" (1.1) by NiTro & SilverShot
 "Server AutoRestart" (1.9) by NiTro + SupermenCJ
 "Tank Health Panel" (c.) by [email protected]
 "[L4D 1,2] ItemSpawnRemover" (1.0.1) by Jonny
 "Cleaner" (0.2) by Jonny
 "Sound Commands" (1.7.3-dev+5323) by AlliedModders LLC
 "Teleport Player" (1.4) by NiTro
 "Basic Comm Control" (1.7.3-dev+5323) by AlliedModders LLC
 "Admin File Reader" (1.7.3-dev+5323) by AlliedModders LLC
 "Client Preferences" (1.7.3-dev+5280) by AlliedModders LLC
 "Advanced Menu Say" (2.1) by MoggieX
 "L4D2 weapons tool" (0.3) by SupermenCJ
 "Alliance VIP System" (3.5) by NiTro
 "Defibfix.smx" Defibfix.smx
 "Dead Notifier" (1.1) by NiTro
 "Vocalize Anti-Flood" (1.0.2) by Buster "Mr. Zero" Nielsen
 "[L4D2] Anti-Drop" (1.0) by McFlurry
 "Vote Bug Alliance" (1.1) by NiTro
 "[L4D2] Monster Bots" (1.1.7j) by Machine
 "Anti-Flood" (1.7.3-dev+5323) by AlliedModders LLC
Many plugins are based on the HardMod build.

I'm like the person who is the only one who supports this build now (in private status) purely for myself. After the author Jonny, I know what's going on in the old codes. And they definitely can't be stable)

And you don't have any relation to the works of the author of SupermenCJ, since I know this person)

Quote:

As mentioned above, you should upgrade to the newer SM 1.10. to do this, you Need to update your plugins and there will be no problems!

Personally, I haven't experienced any problems updating since everything was updated and translated a couple of years ago.
The server was stable and remained stable. Not any crash on it.
Closed Thread