Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Anyone Wonder? [Not Delete]

Post New Thread Reply   

Function
Old 02-03-2014 , 02:37   Anyone Wonder? [Not Delete]
Reply With Quote #1

Has anyone noticed that after Mani-Admin died a year or so later ES died. It is quite sad when you think about it, though I hear ES can still be ran on Counter-Strike: Source, it is sad that these amazing projects died, but also got me thinking.

There has been less support for donating to Source Mod then ever before (IMO), so if you think about it sourcemod could be the next to crash and fall. Though we all know that no one is wishing that at all. Maybe there could be new ways for Sourcemod to revenue donations, maybe by having clans that want their servers shown on the website could donate for that or something.

What do you guys feel, I mean I was gaming and around when Mani and ES was still pretty new, I remember hearing the competition between Sourcemod, Mani, and ES, though it was never a true competition just one made by us the users.

I mean do we really want to have people saying "do you remember when Sourcemod was around". I really don't, I mean not all of are financially able, but maybe we could spread the word a little more.

What do you think?

-- Sorry for delete: This does belong here!

Last edited by Function; 02-03-2014 at 02:44. Reason: Messed up sorry.
Ade
I love purple
Old 02-03-2014 , 03:46   Re: Anyone Wonder? [Not Delete]
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Function View Post
There has been less support for donating to Source Mod then ever before (IMO)
why do u think that? have u made a graph over time?
http://www.sourcemod.net/halloffame.php

Last edited by Ade; 02-03-2014 at 03:47.
Function
Old 02-03-2014 , 09:56   Re: Anyone Wonder? [Not Delete]
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade View Post
why do u think that? have u made a graph over time?
http://www.sourcemod.net/halloffame.php
I will do that for this year and see if I can use the internet time machine to grab old data and see where sourcemod is at? Is that okay?

I mean I see where you are coming from, but community's like Mani-Admin had a lot of donations and it just became overwhelming, not because of the users, but the updates that the Source Engine was putting out, and when money starts to slow, then in many ways so does the projects. Not saying sourcemod should be greedy. Just simply stating what happens a lot of the time.
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 02-03-2014 , 10:00   Re: Anyone Wonder? [Not Delete]
Reply With Quote #4

Who cares how much donations a project gets. As long as development is still active, the project is still alive

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-03-2014 , 11:15   Re: Anyone Wonder? [Not Delete]
Reply With Quote #5

I fell to position 10 on the all time donors list? I'll have to fix that after tax time comes round.

Edit: Also, ES died? Its site seems to indicate that EventScripts is still in development.

Last edited by Powerlord; 02-03-2014 at 11:20.
Ade
I love purple
Old 02-03-2014 , 14:57   Re: Anyone Wonder? [Not Delete]
Reply With Quote #6

why is it that when i ask questions such as: "has thing X been done?" or "why has thing Y been done in Z way?" people read "go and do X" or "go and do Y in way Q"... i only asked if u made a graph cus im really curious how u formed that opinion aka donations getting drier every month, since merely looking at the last 3 months, jan had 250, while dec 190 cus DOH holidays n shit! at least do 1/100 of your homework before u open such a thread based on false 'opinions' no offense! k faine i promise to donate 20$ every month, will you be happy then? if not, when, and what is it that u want
Old 02-03-2014 , 17:12   Re: Anyone Wonder? [Not Delete]
Reply With Quote #7

The reason why I said this was merely because after time people lose interest and I just haven't seen much activity. You may ask, that there are people on everyday, but there was just as many people for mani, but projects come and go. I see all your guys points, I really do, but you can't say "the development is still going, so project is alive", no donations, means no site or resources. I mean maybe I look at it wrong, it just seemed to me that it has been a little less active then in the past years.

Yes I know that all the money over time has enough money to keep it going for a couple of years without donation.

I mean my host is unlimited everything and is 30 dollars a year, so knowing that information shows that it won't die anytime soon, but no one can say that it will never die, I mean unless someone else takes over in time. I guess we will have to wait and see what the future holds for us.

Thanks,
Function

Last edited by Function; 02-03-2014 at 17:13.
Ade
I love purple
Old 02-04-2014 , 03:06   Re: Anyone Wonder? [Not Delete]
Reply With Quote #8

an update can come any day and break everything... whatchu gon do