Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Bad Convar checking.

Post New Thread Reply   

psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 06-23-2011 , 06:58   Re: Bad Convar checking.
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Any update on this? Got a lot of players getting banned for SMAC: ConVar sv_gravity violation (mini games maps).
Blah, sorry, I got sidetracked.

I was rewriting most of the cvar module, but I can do a quick patch of it in the meantime, sometime today, to allow "equalserver" checks.
Doc
Old 06-23-2011 , 07:34   Re: Bad Convar checking.
Reply With Quote #12

That would be great psychonic! The need for it isn't too great now that I realized we can just remove the cvars for the time being but I really appreciate your time & effort regardless and will use the patch if you come out with it.
Old 06-24-2011 , 21:30   Re: Bad Convar checking.
Reply With Quote #13

I guess everyone misses the fact that if the convar exists on the server and is marked as replicated that KAC compares convars to that.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 06-24-2011 , 21:50   Re: Bad Convar checking.
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kigen View Post
I guess everyone misses the fact that if the convar exists on the server and is marked as replicated that KAC compares convars to that.
And there's then obviously still a bug if players are getting kicked when their value does match the server's.
NouveauJoueur
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-25-2011 , 14:27   Re: Bad Convar checking.
Reply With Quote #15

I've a minigame server changing the gravity several times a day (like 100 times) and so far I didn't encounter this issue with SMAC.

It could be a server specific bug ?

Running a Linux server.
Old 06-27-2011 , 11:54   Re: Bad Convar checking.
Reply With Quote #16

We had a player get kicked for bad convar when it seemingly wasnt really bad or at least I dont think it was an exploit.

Quote:
L 06/26/2011 - 23:04:50: Bad CVar response: Rebecca Black. (ID: STEAM_0:0:26843288 | IP: 207.81.0.59) was kicked for returning with convar "mat_dxlevel" set to value "9" when it should be greater than or equal to "80.0".
I know for dx9 he should have had it set to a value of 90, but I don't think 9 would cause anything bad. If I remember correctly it was DX7 that could be use to exploit the game. Why not just have it check for anyone with a value of 70 - 79 or whatever enabled that level of dx?