Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.8 - Last Updated 2011-04-02

Post New Thread Reply   

PharaohsPaw
Old 02-21-2011 , 19:10   Re: [CS:S TF2 L4D + many more] AdsQL Server Advertisements System
Reply With Quote #11

No problem, marvel hope it knocks your socks off haha!

BTW everyone, I cleaned up the first post considerably and got some key missing stuff added also, should be a lot easier to read through/follow now.

PharaohsPaw
marvel
BANNED
Old 02-21-2011 , 19:45   Re: [CS:S TF2 L4D + many more] AdsQL Server Advertisements System
Reply With Quote #12

Hmm having issues. No ads are displayed at all. I have ads in place, everything else has been setup, plugin has loaded and gives no errors (connection to db is fine) any idea?
PharaohsPaw
Old 02-21-2011 , 21:40   Re: [CS:S TF2 L4D + many more] AdsQL Server Advertisements System
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel View Post
Hmm having issues. No ads are displayed at all. I have ads in place, everything else has been setup, plugin has loaded and gives no errors (connection to db is fine) any idea?
Hi Marvel,

Wow, really? (just kidding, I know you wouldn't post this just for kicks.. )

OK, so evidently you have a good db connection. When the map changes (and this is with access to the console output from the running server), what all output do you see that has AdsQL in it? does it list various ads found roughly 10 seconds after the map change (or a server start)?

Have you tried reloading the ads? Not that I would expect the plugin to work differently/better with an ads reload but it could be interesting (and also, a way to "force" the console to show you what ads it found).

Are you using server ID's? What does adsql_serverid say your server ID is?

There are various other messages the plugin will output to the console and also log to the sourcemod logs file (addons/sourcemod*/logs/(log covering todays date). I think I have all of the different log messages set to prefix with AdsQL - what do you see in these logs or the console output?

Also, curious, which game type(s) are you running?

PharaohsPaw
PharaohsPaw
Old 02-21-2011 , 21:57   Re: [CS:S TF2 L4D + many more] AdsQL Server Advertisements System
Reply With Quote #14

example output from one of my servers right after a map change... there is probably 1 or maybe 2 earlier AdsQL log messages not caught by this (because this particular server doesnt run with a server ID), however I'm running the same 1.6.1 version here (on 11 servers, TF2, CS:S and L4D1/2). Here's example output and the ads work here..

Code:
L 02/21/2011 - 21:51:40: [adsql.smx] [AdsQL] - adsql_serverid is undefined
[AdsQL] 7 rows found
[AdsQL] Ad 0 found in database: S, {GREEN}(Valve Bug) {LIGHTGREEN}Spawning in the ground? {GREEN}Press your {LIGHTGREEN}crouch {GREEN}key briefly to fix it, none, cstrike [serverids: All]
[AdsQL] Ad 1 found in database: S, {GREEN}Add this server to your favorites!, none, tf,cstrike [serverids: All]
[AdsQL] Ad 2 found in database: S, {LIGHTGREEN}votekick {GREEN}and {LIGHTGREEN}voteban {GREEN}are available.  All use is logged., none, cstrike [serverids: All]
[AdsQL] Ad 3 found in database: H, Join Us!  http://forums.pwng.net, none, All [serverids: ]
[AdsQL] Ad 4 found in database: S, {GREEN}Join our forums and have a say in our community! {LIGHTGREEN}http://forums.pwng.net, none, cstrike [serverids: All]
[AdsQL] Ad 5 found in database: S, {LIGHTGREEN}Check your HLStatsX player stats at {DEFAULT}http://stats.pwng.net, none, cstrike,tf [serverids: All]
[AdsQL] Ad 6 found in database: S, {GREEN}HLStatsX console spam is now disabled by default. Say {LIGHTGREEN}hlx {GREEN}to access your settings and in-game stats, none, cstrike [serverids: All]
what kind of stuff like this are you seeing (or not seeing)? What kind of ads do you have defined? Have a web interface reachable I can peek at?

Last edited by PharaohsPaw; 02-21-2011 at 22:04.
PharaohsPaw
Old 02-22-2011 , 10:18   Re: [CS:S TF2 L4D + many more] AdsQL Server Advertisements System
Reply With Quote #15

Heads up, I've posted a demo site for the web interface at:

http://adsql-demo.pwng.net

Username: demouser
Password: demopw

The linky is also added to the Using The Web Interface section of the original post.

Also, I think I may have found a problem with the web interface when adding/editing ads - it is zero'ing out the Server ID's text field even when you did not select All Games.

This was working fine before up until changes I made towards the end of this past weekend - I'm pretty sure know what the problem is and will get a fix posted ASAP.

Marvel I think this might be why you are seeing problems, it looks like the ONLY ads that would work right now are ones you have set for All Games.

PharaohsPaw
PharaohsPaw
Old 02-22-2011 , 11:22   Re: [CS:S TF2 L4D + many more] AdsQL Server Advertisements System
Reply With Quote #16

Fixed the web interface always zeroing out the Server ID's text field, updated 1.6.1a posted. Only the ads_process_data.php file from the adsql/ folder needs to be unpacked from the .zip (it wouldn't let me attach a .php file separately) and replaced in the adsql/ folder on your web host. The plugin code did not need to be changed and is still at 1.6.1.

Also, anyone that has created ads with this will need to edit the Server ID's text field in them -- to set either "All" or the specific server ID's you want the ad to run on. It should keep what you put in there now with the fixed ads_process_data.php.

Sorry for the hassle!

@Marvel this is probably what you need!

PharaohsPaw
PharaohsPaw
Old 02-22-2011 , 15:29   Re: [many valve games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.6.2 - Last Updated 2011-02-22
Reply With Quote #17

1.6.2 released, details in the changelog, but the important thing is that the public CVAR's actually show up in utils like HLSW now. The server id will now too.

Credits to the HLStatsX:CE coders (hlstatsx.sp) for an example of how to code around a2s_rules apparently being broken for Linux servers.

The "servers using this plugin" stuff should start working right now.

PharaohsPaw
marvel
BANNED
Old 02-22-2011 , 18:13   Re: [many valve games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.6.2 - Last Updated 2011-02-22
Reply With Quote #18

Ok I've been testing it out and it works, but I have the same issue the old ad mysql version had. I think you already mentioned it but I figure I mention it again.

- Server ID's work, this is awesome so we can have different messages on different servers.

- Messages work, I got a message every 45 seconds which is good.

But, what I noticed, I have a server which displays 6 messages. Now with tsunami's plugin I have a 15 sec delay for each message so you get:

message 1: blabla

15 sec delay

message 2: blabla

But here I get:

message1
message2
message3

45 sec delay

message4
message5
message6

So it displays the first 3 msg first, then waits 45 seconds and then the other 3 instantly. Could you make it so they are displayed 1 by 1?

Btw I just noticed it's already on your to-do list so yes you mentioned it already. We have a dev that is very experienced with sourcemod, maybe he can sort it out but he's so busy already I'm scared to ask him

So it's 99% perfect at this point but fixing that would make it the best
PharaohsPaw
Old 02-22-2011 , 19:31   Re: [many valve games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.6.2 - Last Updated 2011-02-22
Reply With Quote #19

Hi Marvel! Thanks I'm glad what I fixed in 1.6.1a was what fixed it for you.

I do hate the multiple ads at one time problem. I feel like there is a decent chance i can fix it, or a real sourcemod guru could probably fix it quickly -- but at least what I've seen of it, it mainly happens on the first map after starting the server. Are you guys seeing that too?

Seems like we ought to be able to tell there is a timer handle already active somehow and if there is, avoid creating another. I need to look at this some but I noticed in the case of our L4D2 servers (where this problem is pretty repeatable), I actually see two separate searches for ads etc. too when the first player joins the server.

Just need to actually sit down and look at this, which up to this point I really havent very hard. Unfortunately i have a deadline coming up for my day job that is gonna probably cut into my freetime next few days, but once that is past I will definitely look at this. Displaying ONE ad at a time to players is OK (as long as the interval is honored and reasonable and the ads aren't "tacky") but if it is showing 2 or 3 at a time, I as a player would "cross over" to calling that spam pretty quick and be turned off by it.

ie I definitely want to fix this

Last edited by PharaohsPaw; 02-23-2011 at 09:45.
PharaohsPaw
Old 02-23-2011 , 07:07   Re: [many valve games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.6.2 - Last Updated 2011-02-22
Reply With Quote #20

@Marvel and anyone else seeing the problem of the ads displaying more than one at a time (assuming you are only using this plugin for ads):

If you could let me know which games you see this problem in, I want to start hunting this down as soon as I can make the time to. I am not sure right now but I think it might be related to how events are hooked and differences between games.

Does anybody see more than one ad displaying at a time on orangebox games, like CS:S and TF2?

Anyway, if you are seeing this happen and are ONLY running the adsql plugin for server ads, please post the following info here:

1. Which games you see this happening in.
2. If you have other game types running that you do NOT see it happen with, please share that too.
3. Whether this only happens on the FIRST map after a server start and players connect, or does it still happen after the map changes?

I think this info will help us nail this down.

Thanks,
PharaohsPaw

Last edited by PharaohsPaw; 02-23-2011 at 09:43.