Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2,TF2] I need a manager for my servers.

Post New Thread Reply   

bluebrain
Old 10-08-2013 , 18:10   [L4D2,TF2] I need a manager for my servers.
Reply With Quote #1

I have a VPS running linux(Ubuntu 13.04) with properties shown below
CPU: two cores, 3.2 GHz
8 GB RAM (guaranteed)
400 GB disk space
100 Mbit/s port
1 IP address
Located in Germany

I am running two L4D2 servers and two TF2 servers on the VPS, servers were being used for friends and me when we were still students. After graduation we became a bit of busy. So the servers are empty most of the time.

I dont want to shutdown my servers since some holidays and weekends we are still using it, but I dont have enough time to check steam/sourcemod/metamod updates and apply them just on time or trying to fix bugs after recent updates of the games.

I thought I might find a guy on alliedmodders who will manage the updates, plugins, bans, admins, maps whatsoever as s/he wishes I might be a sponsor for one who wants to operate some servers.

What is needed to be the one(or two in case you are interested in only one game), is simply having experience on linux based srcds servers and sourcemod. Plus it makes huge difference if you have some SteamREP sort of things.

I cannot guarantee the time that I sponsor, so you should not build a whole clan/guild type of a system based on the servers, but it might be a good part of a such system. I am asking for no money, so you should not ask no money from me, or any other third person (you shall not gain money by using the server).

Thanks for reading all my story, sorry for weak english tho. PM me your details, I prefer steam to talk details, so you should better send me a steam profile link too.
Ade
I love purple
Old 10-09-2013 , 03:41   Re: [L4D2,TF2] I need a manager for my servers.
Reply With Quote #2

I would gladly take one but I don't play these games, mostly HL2: DM
you could just assign one member of some existing community or a friend of yours
the tasks you talk about are not that many and can be done almost daily in a few minutes if admining is your hobby, regardless of how busy you can be after graduation
Old 10-13-2013 , 14:09   Re: [L4D2,TF2] I need a manager for my servers.
Reply With Quote #3

Where are your servers located ? I could probably sort some off it, as I get boored alot.
bluebrain
Old 10-16-2013 , 03:37   Re: [L4D2,TF2] I need a manager for my servers.
Reply With Quote #4

It is located in Germany. Messaged ip of tf2 server.
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 10-17-2013 , 13:56   Re: [L4D2,TF2] I need a manager for my servers.
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
I cannot guarantee the time that I sponsor, so you should not build a whole clan/guild type of a system based on the servers, but it might be a good part of a such system. I am asking for no money, so you should not ask no money from me, or any other third person (you shall not gain money by using the server).
So I get to run the server for you and in return I get to... run the server for you?
bluebrain
Old 10-22-2013 , 07:46   Re: [L4D2,TF2] I need a manager for my servers.
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
So I get to run the server for you and in return I get to... run the server for you?
Yeah you can look that way. But I prefer you to look as a free server. You will be able to add plugins as you wish, you will be able to manage users with no interference. You even might be plugin developer and you might try your plugins on the server.
Ade
I love purple
Old 10-22-2013 , 07:57   Re: [L4D2,TF2] I need a manager for my servers.
Reply With Quote #7

raaa make it a dm one <3