Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Blocked giving of weapon_knife_ct due to core.cfg

Post New Thread Reply   

Allower
Old 06-23-2016 , 13:17   Blocked giving of weapon_knife_ct due to core.cfg
Reply With Quote #1

Hi all, i have a small question about CSGOServerGuidelines.

My error from log is:
Code:
L 06/23/2016 - 08:57:59: [SM] Exception reported: Blocked giving of weapon_knife_ct due to core.cfg option FollowCSGOServerGuidelines
L 06/23/2016 - 08:57:59: [SM] Blaming: admin-tools.smx()
L 06/23/2016 - 08:57:59: [SM] Call stack trace:
L 06/23/2016 - 08:57:59: [SM]   [0] GivePlayerItem
So why default weapon skins like: weapon_knife_ct and weapon_knife_t includes, these skins not buying in CS :GO store and Steam Market. This is just a CT and T side default knives like weapon_knife or weapon_knifegg.

So someone please help me to find answer why this items restricted by CSGOServerGuidelines?

And i am so sorry for my bad english
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 06-23-2016 , 14:06   Re: Blocked giving of weapon_knife_ct due to core.cfg
Reply With Quote #2

I was told that "weapon_knife" is the CT knife. Is that incorrect or is there a "weapon_knife_ct" alias for it as well? (weapon_knife_t is not blocked).
splewis
Veteran Member
Old 06-23-2016 , 14:32   Re: Blocked giving of weapon_knife_ct due to core.cfg
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
I was told that "weapon_knife" is the CT knife. Is that incorrect or is there a "weapon_knife_ct" alias for it as well? (weapon_knife_t is not blocked).
You're correct about weapon_knife being the CT knife. Not sure if there is a _ct alias or not.
Old 06-23-2016 , 14:54   Re: Blocked giving of weapon_knife_ct due to core.cfg
Reply With Quote #4

My experiences led me to believe that it wouldn't matter, as long as you gave them the weapon_knife it would give them the correct model. Is this not true anymore, or ever? Because that's how I've always done it and no one had said anything different.
Allower
Old 06-23-2016 , 14:55   Re: Blocked giving of weapon_knife_ct due to core.cfg
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
Thank you psychonic for fast reply, I completely forgot cs go in first knife is a default ct knife by alias weapon_knife.

Sorry guys for my stuped question Thread closed And thank you all.
splewis
Veteran Member
Old 06-23-2016 , 16:22   Re: Blocked giving of weapon_knife_ct due to core.cfg
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxximou5 View Post
My experiences led me to believe that it wouldn't matter, as long as you gave them the weapon_knife it would give them the correct model. Is this not true anymore, or ever? Because that's how I've always done it and no one had said anything different.
For at least the last year (or forever) weapon_knife has always given the CT knife, or a upgraded knife if the player has on equipped (when I've done it, at least). My plugins used to always give weapon_knife and that meant users never got the default T knife.

I have it give weapon_knife_t if the client is on T now, and it works correctly (always giving an upgraded one if they have one equipped, or the t/ct default one).

Last edited by splewis; 06-23-2016 at 16:23.
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-23-2016 , 16:40   Re: Blocked giving of weapon_knife_ct due to core.cfg
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by splewis View Post
For at least the last year (or forever) weapon_knife has always given the CT knife, or a upgraded knife if the player has on equipped (when I've done it, at least). My plugins used to always give weapon_knife and that meant users never got the default T knife.

I have it give weapon_knife_t if the client is on T now, and it works correctly (always giving an upgraded one if they have one equipped, or the t/ct default one).
I knew about it giving the upgrades or client specific model (if they owned it) should you give them weapon_knife; however, I always thought it also gave the T's their default knife.

Thank for filling me in. I guess I never really checked the models when giving T's weapon_knife.