Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

L4D Vote Manager 2

Post New Thread Reply   

[-NM-] cal70d
Old 01-15-2010 , 12:34   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #361

I only use Steam ID's to add admins. If they are legit steam users, it won't change.

Names can be changed on a whim, so it's not a good way to add admins. I don't care if you 'can' add them this way, you shouldn't.
Steam ID's are unique, whereas names can easily be duplicated.

I have some admins that change their name almost nightly, but they always have their admin rights because I added them using their Steam ID.

If you don't know how to find your own Steam ID or other's that you wish to add, a simple way is to use HLSW to monitor your server.
You have a friend that you want to add, get their Steam ID from HLSW the next time they are in your server.
SeekerPD
BANNED
Old 01-15-2010 , 12:40   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #362

Ok. I appreciate your advices whether I should or shouldn't
Can you just say how to add with a name?
egor1908
Veteran Member
Old 01-15-2010 , 14:22   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #363

To go legit?
SkaP
Old 01-16-2010 , 04:50   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #364

Hmm having a weird glitch since I added this a bit back, maybe it's the plugin this maybe its not. Maybe someone else has experienced this.

For some reason when someone vote kicks someone on the other team the game will act fine on the first person. The problem is on the next vote kick that happens. For some reason the game after they finish voting says the name of the first person that was voted to be kicked, what happened to him(kicked or not), and if he was kicked then it kicks the person being voted now. If that first person wasn't kicked then it won't kick the person being voted on now. This happens regardless of if I veto/pass it or not. It messes up the vote and after the first kick vote will screw up until I restart the server.

Anyone have any clue what is going on?
Anduril
Old 01-16-2010 , 18:17   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #365

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaP View Post
Hmm having a weird glitch since I added this a bit back, maybe it's the plugin this maybe its not. Maybe someone else has experienced this.

For some reason when someone vote kicks someone on the other team the game will act fine on the first person. The problem is on the next vote kick that happens. For some reason the game after they finish voting says the name of the first person that was voted to be kicked, what happened to him(kicked or not), and if he was kicked then it kicks the person being voted now. If that first person wasn't kicked then it won't kick the person being voted on now. This happens regardless of if I veto/pass it or not. It messes up the vote and after the first kick vote will screw up until I restart the server.

Anyone have any clue what is going on?
I've seen this. map stats and a l4d2 box for kicking says PlayerA is being kicked. Later on, they try to kick someone else (PlayerB) and the message comes up as PlayerA that was already kicked or failed to be kicked. This is a game problem, nothing to do with the plugin. This even occurred in L4D.
untalented893
Old 01-22-2010 , 22:02   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #366

Has there been any updates about a fix for the custom votes issue?
InFaility Ward
Old 01-25-2010 , 15:05   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #367

Everything I looked for in a voting plugin.
Do i need to change anything to make it work with L4D2?
kwski43
Old 01-31-2010 , 09:04   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #368

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFaility Ward View Post
Everything I looked for in a voting plugin.
Do i need to change anything to make it work with L4D2?
I think it should work for L4D2, I saw many servers running this plugin. I'll test it soon.
Old 01-31-2010 , 13:15   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #369

I'm having the same problem with this plugin as I had earlier in L4D1, which is that every time someone calls a vote, the plugin thinks I called it, and I can't vote anymore. The person who called it can vote twice, though.

Does this have anything to do with me hosting locally?
Mattsville
Old 02-02-2010 , 20:58   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #370

Madcap, you rock mate!

I don't mind telling you I giggled like a 3 year old girl the first time a random player tried to kick me and received “Cannot vote to kick <Admin> Mattsville because he has immunity” (I may not have the exact phrase but you know what I mean).

Very, VERY cool man, thanks for your work!

I can confirm this works perfectly on my dedicated L4D 2 server running SM 1.3 on Windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by [-NM-] cal70d View Post
I only use Steam ID's to add admins. If they are legit steam users, it won't change.

I have some admins that change their name almost nightly, but they always have their admin rights because I added them using their Steam ID.
This.

Very good way to add admins IMHO.

Last edited by Mattsville; 02-02-2010 at 22:18.