Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)

Post New Thread Reply   

mi123645
Veteran Member
Old 11-01-2010 , 22:29   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #451

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakari View Post
I want to be able to be a survivor infected and an infected with a survivor model, and the replacement plug-in suggested doesn't do these things.

This plugin used to, but is no longer featured. Please, tell me what version you removed this or set whatever variable you changed, back. This change is not even in the features list in the source code, it's just noted here.

You are correct. Feel free to recode it to allow the infected team to change their character, else use Zombie Character Select.
SilentBr
Veteran Member
Old 11-04-2010 , 14:40   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #452

Hi Mi, thanks for your great plugin.

I have 2 questions:

1- l4d_csm_l4d1_survivors - Need set 1 for l4d2 maps, and set 2 for l4d1 maps. What about set 1 in all maps, what happend?

2- Is there a way to not happend that black thing in Tab Menu? (but using the skin and model, like block the 4 players in tab don't change their models, the others can, in servers with 4+)
kpaxian
Old 11-11-2010 , 20:40   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #453

hey this plugin looked really cool. But it has a major bug on it. Happened to both me and friend. We type !csm no problem the menu popped up. Then I went to my console, was looking to change some sm cvars and then came back to game, brought up the chat window again to type !csm again, and I get locked out - Escape stops working, cant write in the chat window, and mouse stops controlling my player. I have a cursor but cant click on anything. Only way to get out of it is to ALT -TAB - CTRL-ALT-DEL and end task. I can still move my player, but I cant type in chat, and I cant remove the chat either.

Im not sure exactly what triggered it, but my mate didnt even touch his console, just happened to him the second time he tried to bring up chat and write !csm

Uninstalled for now, hope you can fix it.
sapphire989
Old 11-14-2010 , 06:27   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #454

Today
tests separately 2.5a and 2.5b in L4D2 V2.0.5.1

2.5a:
I set l4d_csm_l4d1_survivors "1" or l4d_csm_survivor_access "1"
Tests C1 - C5 , MAP all working survivors both clone or model no Crash
Tests c6m1 - c6m3 !csm select survivors in L4D1 sometime will Crash
Tests C7 - C8, !csm select survivors in L4D2 character, automatic change model no cash

2.5b:
I set l4d_csm_l4d1_survivors "1" or l4d_csm_survivor_access "1"
Tests C1 - C8 map , !csm chooses bill character immediate Crash

Finally:
Now I already used v2.5a Is stabler than v2.2

THANK VERY MUCH

Last edited by sapphire989; 11-14-2010 at 13:11.
SilentBr
Veteran Member
Old 11-14-2010 , 10:29   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #455

I tested both versions and I get this:

Version 2.5a: My server don't crash, but there is only a bug -> If a player change the character to L4D1 model on the map c6m3_port, appear a bug: The player stuck with the other characters in the bridge (when you climb the stairs). So it's impossible keep playing because the elevator don't go.

Version 2.5b: Crash if get Bill's model.

Both with l4d_csm_l4d1_survivors "1"
SyluxLockjaw100
Old 11-16-2010 , 14:31   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #456

Bill is still crashing for me,using the A version
JayXsane
Old 11-16-2010 , 17:05   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #457

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBr View Post
I tested both versions and I get this:

Version 2.5a: My server don't crash, but there is only a bug -> If a player change the character to L4D1 model on the map c6m3_port, appear a bug: The player stuck with the other characters in the bridge (when you climb the stairs). So it's impossible keep playing because the elevator don't go.

Version 2.5b: Crash if get Bill's model.

Both with l4d_csm_l4d1_survivors "1"
That's not really a bug moreso then a small game issue, I couldn't pass up answering this.
That section of The Passing is a form of cutscene, so by being an L4D Character during said cutscene will port you to where they're supposed to be. As for Bill, I don't know what happens for him but for Zoey, Louis and Francis, you get ported onto the bridge. Also, if you change into an L4D Character AFTER the "cutscene" I've on occasion ported to the bridge where they stood, but most of the time that one character disappeared when I changed into them (aside from Bill).
Send a message via Skype™ to JayXsane
λlsnana(H λ l f l i f e)
Old 11-25-2010 , 05:02   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #458

I cant go to infected team For coop Neither with using !ji or !joininfected, Can you get To Old ones? I am tired of changing mp_gamemode versus and Server shuts down cuz sb_all_bot_team Goes zero,Thanks.
Send a message via MSN to λlsnana(H λ l f l i f e)
Pikarikku
Old 11-25-2010 , 23:55   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #459

I'm using 2.5 version A, and when I switch to Bill it works fine, but if I switch a bot to Bill, when we change chapters, the game will crash seconds after the next chapter has loaded. I noticed that if a player is playing as Bill, they'd switch back to their original character when the chapter has ended, but this doesn't happen for the bot. I'm guessing this is why the game crashes.
SyluxLockjaw100
Old 12-01-2010 , 03:04   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikarikku View Post
I'm using 2.5 version A, and when I switch to Bill it works fine, but if I switch a bot to Bill, when we change chapters, the game will crash seconds after the next chapter has loaded. I noticed that if a player is playing as Bill, they'd switch back to their original character when the chapter has ended, but this doesn't happen for the bot. I'm guessing this is why the game crashes.
I see it,I noticed I din't played as Bill so my game crashed.