Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Soundscape Fixer (v1.3.0 - 06/01/2014)

Post New Thread Reply   

jlyne1234
Old 12-14-2014 , 13:07   Re: [TF2] Soundscape Fixer (v1.2.0 - 12/12/2014)
Reply With Quote #11

EDIT: Version 1.2.2 has been released
  • Removed sm_closest debug command

Version 1.2.1 has been released

Changes:
  • Plugin now attempts to load scripts/soundscapes_[map name].txt by default if no script is specified in the config
  • Fixed error spam when a client disconnects while within range of a playrandom soundscape
  • Fixed soundscapes not updating when spectating another player
  • Changed raytrace to not collide with other players
    • Should fix soundscapes not updating when entering crowded areas
  • Changed sounds to play on SNDCHAN_STATIC from SNDCHAN_AUTO
    • Hopefully this will fix sounds overlapping for some people. I've been unable to reproduce this myself so not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaiz View Post
Well out of the gate it didn't work. I added a line to the cfg for my map as per your example, then I tried using pakrat. I've never used this but after scanning it says the soundscape txt file isn't found. Can you explain how to find it with pakrat?
The plugin now attempts to load scripts/soundscapes_[map name].txt if you dont specify a file yourself. It may be worth removing your config entry and seeing if the default works, as almost all maps have a soundscape script named that way.

Last edited by jlyne1234; 12-14-2014 at 13:54.
Phaiz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-14-2014 , 18:10   Re: [TF2] Soundscape Fixer (v1.2.0 - 12/12/2014)
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlyne1234 View Post

The plugin now attempts to load scripts/soundscapes_[map name].txt if you dont specify a file yourself. It may be worth removing your config entry and seeing if the default works, as almost all maps have a soundscape script named that way.
I haven't done anything (that i know of) to change that, so I'll give that a shot.
Old 12-15-2014 , 09:30   Re: [TF2] Soundscape Fixer (v1.2.2 - 14/12/2014)
Reply With Quote #13

Still won't work for me. It probably isn't the plugins fault since the soundscape did work during testing and not now.
Old 12-15-2014 , 14:37   Re: [TF2] Soundscape Fixer (v1.2.2 - 14/12/2014)
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaiz View Post
Still won't work for me. It probably isn't the plugins fault since the soundscape did work during testing and not now.
I'm running the latest version of this plugin and it seems to be working fine for me.

What map are you trying to make it work on?
Phaiz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-16-2014 , 11:40   Re: [TF2] Soundscape Fixer (v1.2.2 - 14/12/2014)
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreaper View Post
I'm running the latest version of this plugin and it seems to be working fine for me.

What map are you trying to make it work on?
It's a custom map I've been working on for a few months. The soundscapes worked in early versions, and they even work if I cordon off a spawn area and test it. However with the full map they just won't work.

I asked for help at gamebanana but no responses. I'd even be willing to let someone load it in Hammer and see if they can find my problem.

Last edited by Phaiz; 12-16-2014 at 11:41.
NeonHeights
Old 12-23-2014 , 20:53   Re: [TF2] Soundscape Fixer (v1.2.2 - 14/12/2014)
Reply With Quote #16

You champion, this is the first time our soundscapes have been working in a while. Thanks a bunch dude
Old 12-24-2014 , 18:03   Re: [TF2] Soundscape Fixer (v1.2.3 - 24/12/2014)
Reply With Quote #17

Version 1.2.3 has been released
  • Feature request: Added /scpitch command to control pitch of played soundscapes. Didn't use /pitch to avoid possible collisions.
  • Added /scvolume command to be consistent with /scpitch
Disrupted_Hunter
Old 12-26-2014 , 17:07   Re: [TF2] Soundscape Fixer (v1.2.3 - 24/12/2014)
Reply With Quote #18

I'm having a problem where a couple of my soundscapes sound as if they are playing superfast on one of my custom maps. My other soundscapes in my map play perfectly fine though. Is anyone else having this problem? And is there a way to control the speed of the soundscapes? Some players will hear the music perfectly fine, and other hear them with the problem. I am not 100% sure if it is the plugin though, cause when I tested the map on different computers, I got different results - 1 computer had distortion and the other one did not.
jlyne1234
Old 12-26-2014 , 18:36   Re: [TF2] Soundscape Fixer (v1.2.3 - 24/12/2014)
Reply With Quote #19

Version 1.2.4 has been released
  • Changed /scpitch to accept values between 1-255 (same as the "pitch" keyvalue).
    • All soundscapes will play with the specified pitch, ignoring any script specified values
    • 100 is "normal" pitch
    • /scpitch 0 will reset the pitch to the script specified value
  • Fixed incorrect soundscapes playing when reloading the plugin without a map change
    • Clocktown will still need a reload due to the dynamic nature of the day soundscapes, and it being difficult to work out what "day" it is when a plugin is late loaded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disrupted_Hunter View Post
I'm having a problem where a couple of my soundscapes sound as if they are playing superfast on one of my custom maps. My other soundscapes in my map play perfectly fine though. Is anyone else having this problem? And is there a way to control the speed of the soundscapes? Some players will hear the music perfectly fine, and other hear them with the problem. I am not 100% sure if it is the plugin though, cause when I tested the map on different computers, I got different results - 1 computer had distortion and the other one did not.
Could you try this version of the plugin and let me know if the issue persists

Last edited by jlyne1234; 12-26-2014 at 18:37.
Disrupted_Hunter
Old 12-26-2014 , 20:12   Re: [TF2] Soundscape Fixer (v1.2.3 - 24/12/2014)
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlyne1234 View Post
Version 1.2.4 has been released
  • Changed /scpitch to accept values between 1-255 (same as the "pitch" keyvalue).
    • All soundscapes will play with the specified pitch, ignoring any script specified values
    • 100 is "normal" pitch
    • /scpitch 0 will reset the pitch to the script specified value
  • Fixed incorrect soundscapes playing when reloading the plugin without a map change
    • Clocktown will still need a reload due to the dynamic nature of the day soundscapes, and it being difficult to work out what "day" it is when a plugin is late loaded.

Could you try this version of the plugin and let me know if the issue persists
Seems to be working perfectly so far, thanks

Edit: Actually, only one of our soundscapes is still messed up to a couple of players. I had them rejoin and restart their TF2

Last edited by Disrupted_Hunter; 12-26-2014 at 20:23.