Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Why slowhacking, etc, is bad.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

RebeI
Old 01-26-2006 , 14:41  

Ya like that woman that sued McDonalds for an ungodly amount. Because she got a second degree burn... From a pickle slice

From http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/1276819.stm
Quote:
The McDonald's fast food chain has settled a lawsuit brought by an American woman who claimed she was disfigured by an extremely hot pickle.

Details of the deal are being kept secret, but court papers said it did not amount to an admission of liability on the part of McDonald's.

Veronica Martin filed a lawsuit claiming $110,000 damages for medical bills, lost wages and mental pain and anguish.
Quote:
It (McDonald's) was once ordered to pay $2.7m dollars to a woman who spilled a cup of coffee into her lap.
But the implications of the case terrified businesses so much that they began to label their goods with warnings that are blindingly obvious.

Most take-away coffee cups now bear a cautionary sign saying "hot coffee can be dangerous".

Soulution... Put this in you MOTD

"Warning this Server may reconfigure, alter, change, fuck up, or otherwise manipulate files on your computer"

(I hope I didnt just give anyone any ideas )
Veteran Member
Old 01-31-2006 , 20:02  

Quote:
Originally Posted by devicenull
Around 6-10 months ago, steam allowed server owners to download any type of file to any location on a clients hard drive. Would it upset you if I overwrote a few key files? Or installed a trojan? What if I dispalyed a notice saying I could do this?
Trojans are illegal, and can cause system failures. Trojans enter your computer and they basically fuck everything up.
Re-configuring a game key set-up isdamagable, like a trojan.

Send a message via AIM to mysticssjgoku4 Send a message via MSN to mysticssjgoku4
Lord_Destros
Veteran Member
Old 02-02-2006 , 21:44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeI
Ya like that woman that sued McDonalds for an ungodly amount. Because she got a second degree burn... From a pickle slice

From http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/1276819.stm
Quote:
The McDonald's fast food chain has settled a lawsuit brought by an American woman who claimed she was disfigured by an extremely hot pickle.

Details of the deal are being kept secret, but court papers said it did not amount to an admission of liability on the part of McDonald's.

Veronica Martin filed a lawsuit claiming $110,000 damages for medical bills, lost wages and mental pain and anguish.
Quote:
It (McDonald's) was once ordered to pay $2.7m dollars to a woman who spilled a cup of coffee into her lap.
But the implications of the case terrified businesses so much that they began to label their goods with warnings that are blindingly obvious.

Most take-away coffee cups now bear a cautionary sign saying "hot coffee can be dangerous".

Soulution... Put this in you MOTD

"Warning this Server may reconfigure, alter, change, fuck up, or otherwise manipulate files on your computer"

(I hope I didnt just give anyone any ideas )
hmmmmm, didn't give me any ideas (first wink cancels out 2nd wink, OMG 3rd WINK IS STILL THERE!!!!!)

roflmao
Quote:
Her husband also sued for $15,000, saying that he had been deprived of the services and companionship of his wife.
lol, the one lawsuit that backfired: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4626232.stm

(those of you too lazy to visit link, Wendy's decapacitated finger in chili)[/code][/quote]

lol, finger in icecream.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4523405.stm

What do peeps have with fingers and lawsuits these days? seriously its like the frequency of gaben on these forums.
Send a message via AIM to Lord_Destros
devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 02-02-2006 , 22:29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticssjgoku4
Quote:
Originally Posted by devicenull
Around 6-10 months ago, steam allowed server owners to download any type of file to any location on a clients hard drive. Would it upset you if I overwrote a few key files? Or installed a trojan? What if I dispalyed a notice saying I could do this?
Trojans are illegal, and can cause system failures. Trojans enter your computer and they basically fuck everything up.
Re-configuring a game key set-up isdamagable, like a trojan.
Not quite. If I give you a game, and attached to the installer is a trojan, and the EULA says "by installing this you agree that this game is more important then the security of your computer, and your computer may be remotely accessed", the trojan is perfectly legal.

Hrm, what has a EULA similar to that.. oh, I know. Punkbuster. That must be a trojan.
bad
Old 02-03-2006 , 23:36  

Null: ELUA has been disputed in courts numberous times for similar things. I doubt trojan would hold up if it had an EULA attached.
Old 02-06-2006 , 15:04  

i know soo many exec commands, its amazing.

exec isnt that bad if you think about it, because what ever command you do to a client, the client can just undo
c0rdawg
Old 02-06-2006 , 15:09  

yes, but not everyone knows how to undo it, if you mess up their config they might not know what you've changed.
Send a message via AIM to c0rdawg Send a message via MSN to c0rdawg
d4rkst4r
Old 02-06-2006 , 15:34  

true. I dont kno what side is right?????????????

For Slow Hacking
It finally teaches hackers a lesson, If you ban a hacker, he won't be on your server anymore, but think of other people's servers, if they're controls are messed, they'll likely start obeying rules.

Against Slow Hacking
Its just too violent and cruel. Banning DOES do the job of never seeing them again.
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 02-06-2006 , 16:03  

Slow hacking is bad. End of story. No need to keep rehashing the same stuff over and over.
Closed Thread