Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Update on L4D2

Post New Thread Reply   

gamemann
Veteran Member
Old 07-13-2010 , 08:08   Re: Update on L4D2
Reply With Quote #121

Ok i hope this can hopefully fix my crashes i am having now! I just got back from ocean city for a little bit but now my server is crashing! i am reinstalling my whole l4d2 so hopefully this should fix problems with everything and i am getting dump files too if you want to see them

Check out my GitHub here!
Send a message via Skype™ to gamemann
thevisad
Old 07-13-2010 , 16:57   Re: Update on L4D2
Reply With Quote #122

The latest snaps are not working for me. The servers start fine, but when someone tries to join they basically reset. Running Linux setup, 5 servers. I also notice that game server usage with and without MM/SM is different. Without it installed the servers are busy constantly, seconds after I start it there are players joining. When SM/MM is installed, the servers sit dormant for hours/days without players joining. This is just using the base install without any addons.
passerby
Old 07-14-2010 , 16:14   Re: Update on L4D2
Reply With Quote #123

is there any conflict with this fix and the Left 4 Downtown extension.
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=91132

i just upgraded to one of the snapshots to get my community's servers online but now my player cap got put back down to eight where i had it and 14 for 7v7 versus with the left 4 downtown extension before.
.=QUACK=.Major.pain
Old 07-14-2010 , 17:07   Re: Update on L4D2
Reply With Quote #124

We run the same left4downtown plugin, and we have a 16 slot server, but it has always shown only 8 slots, even thought we can still get 16 players.

Where did you do the edits to get it to appear as 14?
Andrewwelton
Old 07-14-2010 , 18:16   Re: Update on L4D2
Reply With Quote #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS View Post
UPDATE: The latest snapshots of MM:S and SM should work now. We will hopefully make releases of both soon.
I've tried using both the stable and development branch files and my server still doesnt work. Sourcemod/metamod refuse to load.
I'm running it through the "Host Local Server" option in the L4D2 lobby.

Does anyone have a server working using the "Host Local" option or know what I can do to fix it?
DS
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-14-2010 , 23:08   Re: Update on L4D2
Reply With Quote #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewwelton View Post
Unable to load plugin "../E:\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2/addons/metamod/bin/server"
Andrewwelton: I just want to make sure, but the metamod.vdf file is in "E:\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\addons", correct? And the MM:S server.dll exists in the location shown in the error?
Andrewwelton
Old 07-14-2010 , 23:20   Re: Update on L4D2
Reply With Quote #127

Yes that's right. I'll double check it tomorrow to be 100% sure but last I checked everything was in the right spot
Rumpleteazer789
Old 07-15-2010 , 20:20   Re: Update on L4D2
Reply With Quote #128

ok how do i go about updating the sm and mm:s should i remove both from my server first then dl and install mm:s and sm , then dl and install the links that DS made in his post?

what do i do?
PlexusDeath
Old 07-15-2010 , 20:30   Re: Update on L4D2
Reply With Quote #129

Is anyone else finding their servers unplayable with meta/sourcemod installed since the update?

I've tried a couple of different versions, a stable and dev release but am getting horrible lag with them installed. Ping wise the server is ok, but to actually play on it feels awful. Voice comms seemed horribly broken up as well. This seemed to go away once both were removed, i've not yet had time to try just metamod on its own yet.

I'm running the linux versions

Latest versions tried:
mmsource-1.8.3-hg730-linux.tar.gz
sourcemod-1.3.4-hg3010-linux.tar.gz

before that i'd tried the dev releases but that seemed even worse.

I have a rented server so i think i can try an automated install to see if that somehow helps, but unless i'm missing something i don't see what else could be wrong at my end.

Edit:
I still don't know what was wrong exactly, but the GSP i was using is useless. With a new server host all is well. Something about my install must have been a bit dodgy, didn't even get to test a second install with them as even doing that was too much hassle with constant problems and things not working.

Last edited by PlexusDeath; 07-17-2010 at 12:58. Reason: Update
.=QUACK=.Major.pain
Old 07-15-2010 , 21:40   Re: Update on L4D2
Reply With Quote #130

More than likely something isn't running right.
Check your logs for errors. Might give you an idea of what.