Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[REQ] Admin started votes for NEXTMAP

Post New Thread Reply   

disconnect81
Old 07-30-2008 , 22:20   [REQ] Admin started votes for NEXTMAP
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,

Could we please get a plugin that adds the ability for admins to start a vote, that will set the nextmap on the server. When I say next map, I mean it will go to that map after the current map is finished.

On a side note, it would also be nice if this was an admin feature so they could simply USING THE GUI, set the next map to be played after the current map is finished.

I havent stopped hearing this feedback from my admins since the day i installed sm, it's the single biggest thing I hear. Please someone, take the time to help out with this one. I would really appreciate it, and Im sure many other admins would as well.

Thank you,

Disconnect
willy1234x1
Old 07-30-2008 , 23:26   Re: [REQ] Admin started votes for NEXTMAP
Reply With Quote #2

That's part of the default sets of plugins. But you can also try Custom votes by Chundo http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=72216
DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 07-31-2008 , 06:36   Re: [REQ] Admin started votes for NEXTMAP
Reply With Quote #3

Yes, sm_mapvote in 1.1.0's MapChooser does this as far as I know. Here's the feature request for it.
disconnect81
Old 07-31-2008 , 08:35   Re: [REQ] Admin started votes for NEXTMAP
Reply With Quote #4

Hey Tsunami,

I have 1.1 and the standard admin started mapvote chances the map immediately once the vote ends. It does not set the next map. As it stands right now, there is no menu driven method for admins to set the next map either by voting or by setting from the menu list.

I checked out the feature request, it pretty much nails it spot on. Hopefully we can see it added to the core plugins so it's in the menu. I really dont think this should be a 3rd party plugin to be honest, but i'd take it any way i can get it at this point lol
disconnect81
Old 07-31-2008 , 08:39   Re: [REQ] Admin started votes for NEXTMAP
Reply With Quote #5

Also, it does appear that sm_setnextmap is a command.... So I guess there just needs to be another level in the mapchooser to allow for the option for the map to change immediately or at the end of the map. If the end of the map is chosen, then this sm_setnextmap should be called into action i would assume..
DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 07-31-2008 , 08:52   Re: [REQ] Admin started votes for NEXTMAP
Reply With Quote #6

You're right, there's no menu driven command at the moment to run a vote to set the next map. However, sm_mapvote does what I said it does (I think you're confused with sm_votemap, which does change the map immediately), and you can easily add it to the menu through the dynamic menu.

sm_setnextmap is indeed a command, and when called it bypasses mapchooser, so an end of map vote won't be run.
disconnect81
Old 07-31-2008 , 09:30   Re: [REQ] Admin started votes for NEXTMAP
Reply With Quote #7

Hey Tsunami,

Could you tell me how it would behave if I put sm_setnextmap in my menu using dynamic menu. Would people have a list of maps to chose from?

This is what I am requesting;

[IMG]http://img227.**************/img227/976/tomuchtimemo6.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by disconnect81; 07-31-2008 at 09:46. Reason: power point lol
willy1234x1
Old 07-31-2008 , 17:44   Re: [REQ] Admin started votes for NEXTMAP
Reply With Quote #8

Try this first Disconnect.
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=72216 Install this plugin I use it and it adds the votes for things like "Will X be the next map?" or any others you see fit.
spacedkadet
Old 07-31-2008 , 18:42   Re: [REQ] Admin started votes for NEXTMAP
Reply With Quote #9

I have been requesting this and trying to get something working but just cant get it working right. I dont use 1.1.0 trunk as have had alot of bad experiances with dods crashing when using it. 1.0.4 seams *fairly* stable atm with only some crashing compared to 1.1's lots of crashing.
I even tried to make the plugin myself but i just dont know enough code.

It should be a simple plugin really, a new cvar called sm_votenextmap which allows a 3 (or 4) mapvote from a configurable file source which when vote sets the cvar "nextlevel" "winning_map". preferably it would put itself in the admin menu but if needed then just added through the dynamic menu.

I do have custom votes installed and have used the code given by the author but still cant get it to work right. I cant make it actually get it to run the setnextmap command after the vote and no matter what i try i cant get it to pick from my maplist.txt (mapllists.cfg is setup).

Wish i knew more about coding so i could make this. It's a basic command that both mani, BAT and beetlemod comes with.

I hope someone can help please

Lee.

EDIT::
Just tried adding a multi vote to the custom menu just using sm_setnextmap #1 #2 #3
It lets you pick three maps but after choosing the third it just sets nextmap to the first one you chose no matter what.
Im stumped, we really need this function on our server

Last edited by spacedkadet; 07-31-2008 at 19:20.
sofwmrebiteme
Old 08-07-2008 , 15:54   Re: [REQ] Admin started votes for NEXTMAP
Reply With Quote #10

Put this in your dod/addons/sourcemod/configs/adminmenu_custon.txt
this will allow you to select next map from your own mapcycle drop down menu.

"Commands"
{
"Clan Custom Commands"
{
"Set Next Map"
{
"cmd" "sm_setnextmap #1"
"admin" "sm_kick"
"execute" "server"
"1"
{
"type" "mapcycle"