Too Late To Ban

Post New Thread Reply   

Nightbox
Old 07-13-2009 , 17:54   Re: Too Late To Ban
Reply With Quote #11

im pretty sure becasue he connected, disconnected, connected, disconnected
Old 07-13-2009 , 19:17   Re: Too Late To Ban
Reply With Quote #12

Negative. Each of these players were in here one time. Unless it conflicts with the connect announce plugin.
Shenton
Old 07-13-2009 , 22:46   Re: Too Late To Ban
Reply With Quote #13

You get it, but conflict is not the word imo, I removed cannouce from my servers because of that, since last cannounce update it fire twice the player_disconnect event.

I see you are running l4d servers, it can be an issue with cannounce and l4d as nobody else is reporting this bug. When a bot disconnect it fire twice the event too, can also be an issue with SM and l4d.

I will add a condition to check if a player is already stored.

Thank you for the advice Antithasys.

Edit:
Done and done, cannounce is rewriting "player_disconnect" event (using CreateEvent() => some code => FireEvent()), I used that to test the "already strored" conditon, it fire the event twice.

Last edited by Shenton; 07-13-2009 at 23:37.
Atreus
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-15-2009 , 09:26   Re: Too Late To Ban
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexual Harassment Panda View Post
oh wow great plugin. I was using lastx for a while, but it didn't go the extra step to make something like htis. Great idea.
This.

This will be very useful
Send a message via AIM to Atreus Send a message via MSN to Atreus
GM-Scorp
Old 08-11-2009 , 20:34   Re: Too Late To Ban
Reply With Quote #15

does this have the normal ban flag for admins ?

cuz i'm the only 1 that can use it
my other admins have the ban rights
but when they try to use this it says they dont have premision for it ?
Send a message via MSN to GM-Scorp
turktheturd
Old 08-13-2009 , 20:58   Re: Too Late To Ban
Reply With Quote #16

this plugin is crashin my server between map change
Old 08-14-2009 , 13:30   Re: Too Late To Ban
Reply With Quote #17

Hi,

me and a friend tried your plugin on our servers today, basically it works, but there are a few things that still give trouble:

- To ban someone via your plugin, you need to have the "m" (RCON) flag, if you only have "d" (Ban) flag, it says you don't have access. (http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Adding_Ad...28SourceMod%29)
That should be changed, so you can use it with the ban flag, even if u don't have the rcon flag.
- Your plugin seems to ignore admin immunities, my friend with a lower immunity who normally can't target me was able to ban me via your plugin after i disconnected.
- Your plugin works with sourcebans, however it does not forward the player name/IP, in the sourcebans banlist it writes "no nickname present" and "no IP address present", would be better if at least the nick would be added automatically.

Would be nice if you could fix any of the above mentioned issues.

Regards, a L4D player trying to get rid of people jumping to death and disconnecting.
L33t_Of_Lag
Old 08-22-2009 , 11:22   Re: Too Late To Ban
Reply With Quote #18

Well regardless of what anyone else says, you sir are a genious. I just tested the plugin on 3 dods servers, and its a hit.

Many of the members (admins) on my servers are too slow to ban someone before they leave, and of coarse are not that smart as to type status in console quick enough.

Anyway, AWESOME plugin, as this allows the slower members to ban after someone has left. This has been an issue for some time. But thankfully i found this plugin. So THANKS once again.

PS, more people should have the brain of this guy, and make more simple plugins like this for dods, Cheers again.

PSS, dont know what previous guy talking bout, all admins use this fine???

http://www.fgcgaming.com
Send a message via MSN to L33t_Of_Lag
c3v0r
Old 08-22-2009 , 18:41   Re: Too Late To Ban
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33t_Of_Lag View Post
PSS, dont know what previous guy talking bout, all admins use this fine???
Please, I did in no way say anything bad about this plugin/the creator.

I'm using this plugin on my Left 4 Dead servers and it kicks ass, no doubt, thanks to Shenton.

But there are still some things that could be improved, so why not make this plugin closer to perfect?

And once again for you: One of the "problems" I encountered is, that your admins can only use the "Ban disconnected player" function from this plugin if they have the rcon flag (m). It should work without Sourcemod-Rcon rights, and just with the ban right (d).
You probably gave your admins rcon rights so you didn't notice.

And by the way, all admins on my servers (can) have rcon rights and same immunity anways, so two of the issues I posted aren't really a problem for me - I just posted it because other server owners may want to give their people the right to ban without giving them rcon acces for example.
spacedkadet
Old 08-23-2009 , 10:18   Re: Too Late To Ban
Reply With Quote #20

Yes this looks great for a dods server for those tk'ers that rampage then leave. Save us having to go back through the logs.
I'm not quite ready to use it yet though because of the things mentioned by c3v0r as we dont give admins rcon, but they do get ban.
Please if you can fix those issues you will have a real winner of a plugin