Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

The Uber Update

Post New Thread Reply   

strontiumdog
Veteran Member
Old 06-24-2011 , 15:15   Re: The Uber Update
Reply With Quote #131

You don't need GameServers - download MM1.8.7 and SM 1.3.8 from their respective Snapshots and install them yourself.
F Kruger
Old 06-24-2011 , 15:15   Re: The Uber Update
Reply With Quote #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumiStance View Post
Gun Menu - for Deatchmatch Junkies
Screw it, I'm tired of waiting for 'When it's ready'.

Here is a beta of my Gun Menu Lite plugin.
It is SourceMod only and works right now.
Put the ini into addons/sourcemod/configs

Grab DM-Lite here http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1222468
and Ammo Replen here http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=158534

Awesome work Lumi, feels very lite. and already having alot of great feed back.
So this does not have extensions or gamedata's to be effected by further "uber updates".

So Happy

Last edited by F Kruger; 06-24-2011 at 15:19.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-24-2011 , 15:18   Re: The Uber Update
Reply With Quote #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginxeng View Post
I would help you but I'm not even messing with my servers anymore, I'm just going to wait untill a final release of SM is available.
1.3.8 final has been available since... well, I don't know when, but I installed it on my servers about 6 hours ago.
Old 06-24-2011 , 15:29   Re: The Uber Update
Reply With Quote #134

I have the latest version, i also tried the devs, my server doesn't work maybe i need to wait for eventscripts aswell? Not sure if you guys can tell, maybe 1 error is causing it not to start overall, & if anybody knows if there has been an update let me know!
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-24-2011 , 15:51   Re: The Uber Update
Reply With Quote #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGChronic View Post
I have the latest version, i also tried the devs, my server doesn't work maybe i need to wait for eventscripts aswell? Not sure if you guys can tell, maybe 1 error is causing it not to start overall, & if anybody knows if there has been an update let me know!
eventscripts is crashing - don't run that until it's fixed... I'm not sure how it's loaded, but if it is loaded via VDF file, just rename that file to whatever.vdf.OFF and it won't load

Last edited by TnTSCS; 06-24-2011 at 15:54.
OMGChronic
Old 06-24-2011 , 16:47   Re: The Uber Update
Reply With Quote #136

Alright, i disabled the VTF, ill test it and let you know how it works.
spacedkadet
Old 06-24-2011 , 16:58   Re: The Uber Update
Reply With Quote #137

I have a dods server that since the update is running at 10x (aprox) speed. I have disabled all addons, run with verify_all (many times) but everything is happening in turbo mode. maps only last a few mins when should be 20mins. Flags cap instantly, you empty a clip in a flash and reload in the blink of an eye. Anyone any ideas pleeeaase
Its fun for a bit cos hit reg is great and there is no lag just super fast turbo mode!
77.68.52.240:27015 if you want to see - and NO this sint advertising, there are 12 people on as i post playing in this speed lol
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-24-2011 , 17:07   Re: The Uber Update
Reply With Quote #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacedkadet View Post
I have a dods server that since the update is running at 10x (aprox) speed. I have disabled all addons, run with verify_all (many times) but everything is happening in turbo mode. maps only last a few mins when should be 20mins. Flags cap instantly, you empty a clip in a flash and reload in the blink of an eye. Anyone any ideas pleeeaase :D
Its fun for a bit cos hit reg is great and there is no lag just super fast turbo mode!
77.68.52.240:27015 if you want to see - and NO this sint advertising, there are 12 people on as i post playing in this speed lol
I already talked about this in relation to TF2. I assume this holds true for CS:S, DOD:S, and HL2:DM as well.
Old 06-24-2011 , 17:15   Re: The Uber Update
Reply With Quote #139

Ok powerlord i read that but it doesnt give any info, our server does not reset speed after alot of restarts (just done another to be sure) and ive no idea what or where to put any so called eniroment values...
Ketamine
Old 06-24-2011 , 18:01   Re: The Uber Update
Reply With Quote #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginxeng View Post
Gameservers is terrible, they dont even give you anykind of server status indication. I know I have a server with them, I waited 2 hours for the servers to come online before I decided to just remove metamod and try to start them up again.
server status indication? hlsw....

and you waited for servers to magically come online by themselves? dont trash talk a server host when you're the lazy one. you have to put some effort into it... SM/MMS is not gameservers' job to fix. think of how many servers they host, you think they have enough staff to deal with people like you ? if you have to rely on those addon install buttons then you're doing it wrong.

im using gameservers with absolutely no problems. rename your addons folder and try booting up your server, it will work. if it crashes with SM/MMS enabled then you have another addon that's crashing it eg. mani, zblock, eventscripts... i know patch day can be frustrating but you're taking it out on the wrong people. your mistake was not reading replies before posting, as all of this has been explained many times (and it's not exactly new information).

Last edited by Ketamine; 06-24-2011 at 18:43.