Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Military Rank Mod

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

lunarwolfx
Old 02-08-2007 , 16:51   Re: Military Rank Mod

@Da_sk8rboy: I'm not discussing the matter with you, I'm telling you that you were lying, and if you're truly done, you'd stop mocking my opinion.

Quote:
Fine, but I didn't copy the code from the XP tutorial.
retyping still counts as copying.
Phantom Warrior
BANNED
Old 02-08-2007 , 17:08   Re: Military Rank Mod

That was from scratch.
vvg125
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 02-08-2007 , 17:27   Re: Military Rank Mod

Then would you care to explain how Kensai's name ended up as the author?
Veteran Member
Old 02-09-2007 , 02:03   Re: Military Rank Mod

Btw, Who is Kensia? (Your main post)

Last edited by Mini_Midget; 02-09-2007 at 02:16.
TiMbErLaNd
Old 02-09-2007 , 13:03   Re: Military Rank Mod

Why is everyone bashing?

I have been looking for something like this for a long time. Adding in this rank system or a more accurate one would be great to my idea.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=46693

Oddly enough Kensai even replied to that.

Maybe you can get with P34nut and see what his progression is on his.

I am by no means a coder I just have lots of ideas, and this guy deicded to take something existing (XP Tutorial) and make something with it. Its basicly the same idea as a patent. Either creating something new or modifying an existing idea to create something new or different. Obviously people are interested in this idea, there isnt anything like it unless I didnt look hard enough and nobody linked a plugin to this showing an existing one...so, good job.
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 02-09-2007 , 15:56   Re: Military Rank Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMbErLaNd View Post
Why is everyone bashing?

I have been looking for something like this for a long time. Adding in this rank system or a more accurate one would be great to my idea.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=46693

Oddly enough Kensai even replied to that.

Maybe you can get with P34nut and see what his progression is on his.

I am by no means a coder I just have lots of ideas, and this guy deicded to take something existing (XP Tutorial) and make something with it. Its basicly the same idea as a patent. Either creating something new or modifying an existing idea to create something new or different. Obviously people are interested in this idea, there isnt anything like it unless I didnt look hard enough and nobody linked a plugin to this showing an existing one...so, good job.
I don't think you understand what this is. It's an extremely poorly coded near-replica of the XP tutorial with a different name. I don't know how you can see this as something unique, but I will let you believe what you want. This is staying here. Period. End of story.
Old 02-09-2007 , 18:03   Re: Military Rank Mod

out of curiosity, can anyone actually find and post a link to a plugin that assigns ranks based on amount of kills?(nomore no less)

until then, the argument of uniqueness against such plugins are just plain flawed. For sake of debate, so someone uses a tutorial to help them with a plugin they are making.. How is it reasonable not to allow/expect them to use what they just learned?

Last edited by raa; 02-09-2007 at 18:08.
Hawk552
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 02-09-2007 , 18:08   Re: Military Rank Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by raa View Post
out of curiosity, can anyone actually find and post a link to a plugin that assigns ranks based on amount of kills?(nomore no less)

until then, the argument of uniqueness is just plain flawed. For sake of debate, so someone uses a tutorial to help them with a plugin they are making.. How is it reasonable not to allow/expect them to use what they just learned?
It's not helping, it's just renaming the stuff in it and calling it something new.

This is closed for discussion. I'm not here to babysit people who aren't willing to accept the status of this will not be changed.