Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Gun Cabinet (1.8) [11-Dec-2022]

Post New Thread Reply   

Blue_Foxy
Old 08-04-2020 , 03:35   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gun Cabinet (1.6) [21-Jun-2020]
Reply With Quote #41

For some reason I have a pretty good pc and whenever I enter a saferoom with 2 cabinets on the map I time out. Any ideas? I also have the health cabinet and footlockers installed. I know that its this plugin doing it because when i disabled it everything was fine again
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 08-04-2020 , 12:53   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gun Cabinet (1.6) [21-Jun-2020]
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Foxy View Post
For some reason I have a pretty good pc and whenever I enter a saferoom with 2 cabinets on the map I time out. Any ideas? I also have the health cabinet and footlockers installed. I know that its this plugin doing it because when i disabled it everything was fine again
Maybe spawning inside another prop. Is the server crashing? Do you have accelerator installed and crash link? I have no issue with 2 in the saferoom.
Old 08-05-2020 , 10:00   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gun Cabinet (1.6) [21-Jun-2020]
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Maybe spawning inside another prop. Is the server crashing? Do you have accelerator installed and crash link? I have no issue with 2 in the saferoom.
What happens is basically the game freezes on the stats after finishing the chapter. Then after a bit it sends me back to the main menu saying I timed out. I think its crashing because there is too many entities, but I have spawned way more things in the map and this never happened. And no, I do not have any severe mods. The only thing I have is admin system and admin menu. I can't find anything relating to a crash since my game didn't close at all. The only cabinets I ever have is at the very begining of every campaign.

Last edited by Blue_Foxy; 08-05-2020 at 10:02.
Silvers
Old 08-05-2020 , 15:06   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gun Cabinet (1.6) [21-Jun-2020]
Reply With Quote #44

You didn't answer any of my questions.

Listen server? Which map? Have you installed Accelerator extension? Is server crashing causing the client timeout?

If it's too many entities server would crash, if it's too many models client would crash (like the common c1m3 issue when running Hats and other plugins that use many different models).
Old 08-06-2020 , 10:17   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gun Cabinet (1.6) [21-Jun-2020]
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:

Listen server? Which map? Have you installed Accelerator extension? Is server crashing causing the client timeout?

If it's too many entities server would crash, if it's too many models client would crash (like the common c1m3 issue when running Hats and other plugins that use many different models).
I think it might be the listen server but I usually only play it on singleplayer so I don't know if thats supposed to affect it. I have no idea what accelerator extention is so no. And I think the server crashing is causing the timeout
Blue_Foxy
Old 08-07-2020 , 20:23   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gun Cabinet (1.6) [21-Jun-2020]
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:

Now it just seems like it crashes my whole game when i even try to get into the game
Silvers
Old 08-08-2020 , 09:56   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gun Cabinet (1.6) [21-Jun-2020]
Reply With Quote #47

If you're on a Listen server that means the client and server are the same thing so I guess it's not crashing. Google accelerator extention, although if it's not crashing then something else is wrong and I suspect due to being a Listen server but I don't know. Why does it work for everyone else except you, can't investigate with such little information, nothing else I can do except say don't use the plugin. Good luck.
Old 10-28-2020 , 11:31   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gun Cabinet (1.6) [21-Jun-2020]
Reply With Quote #48

Sorry for bothering.The cabinet seems not to be spawned automatically even if the cfg file was written. Could you find out what problem it is? It will be appreciated if you could lend some help.
I have tried in a local server and an internet server using SM1.10.The local server is pure which only contain this plugin.
Sorry for my poor English.
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 10-28-2020 , 12:07   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gun Cabinet (1.6) [21-Jun-2020]
Reply With Quote #49

AirAndAir, I don't have problems with the latest version installed on my L4D2 server.

The author cannot help you until you provide details like:
- game name
- attached config files
- any error you have in logs\errors<date>.log

The most standard way - remove everything on your server (rename "addons" folder"), install sourcemod and this plugin alone, then test again. If it doesn't work too:
- sm is installed incorrectly
- not all files are installed or they are installed in incorrect folder. Use "sm plugins list" command to see if the plugin is functioning.
- config file is misformatted.
If it does work than some other plugin causes a conflict.

Last edited by Dragokas; 10-28-2020 at 12:18.
AirAndAir
Old 10-29-2020 , 08:06   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Gun Cabinet (1.6) [21-Jun-2020]
Reply With Quote #50

Okay,I will speak my problem in detail.
I have tried once more in vanilla server,the plugin works fine but have some issues.
1.The cabinet I have spawned before doesn't spawn automatically when I reload the map again.
2.When I use the command 'sm_gun_cabinet_reload', all the cabinet which I spawned in the early time will disappear. I use the command 'sm_gun_cabinet_list' after that. The total numbers is zero.
The server use the sourcemod 1.10.0 git6499 and have no other plugins except the plugins build in.
All the settings are default.
No error logs, sorry.
I wish it will be helpful,that's all I can give.