Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?

Post New Thread Reply   

Arkarr
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2018 , 03:27   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofmybrain View Post
Are there? Name one in the US.
As soon as I am on my PC
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-10-2018 , 04:28   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #22

Well i started my servers clean without restricted plugins. I had uniuq idea to make a deathrun server without autobhop like people in cs 1.6 used to play it. I really strugled to gain player base. In my opionion auto bh deathruns serveres messed up mod it's doenst require a skill anymore. I heard alot times when some random player joined and asking in the chat where is auto bhop, later same person write in the chat shit server and leave. So than i started use skin changers in the server i didn't sell them free access for everyone. I can say it's little bit helps also some pro kz players play in my server and they enjoy but still until this day my server is only one without autobhop i as i know and i gained with time decent player amout who play regullary. Before glts this wasnt that common thing even there were less servers with !ws !knifes etc its like selling drugs u gain benifit from doing something that isnt allowed to do.

With time i also noticed that alot players who joins for skins don't stick around and i'm paying money for tokens so players can for free use them that why i started use steam group restriction for the commands.

And with time i opened more servers and i need earn something back for host and yeah in my vip system players have access to the coins and music kits i'm not angel if i would remove all that would change nothing i would only lose some activity in the servers but we need take step as community if we want to solve this problem.

Other problem is that even we get right off token changer services there are some servers who has different method to block ban scans without paying money for tokens i can list down few servers
if someone is interested to take a look.

But i don't understand why plugin Level Ranks Core [Module Fake Ranks] get blacklisted it's like best feature for this plugin and i don't see nothing bad about it when everyone can see what is ur rank in the server. I would have zero problem to not using skin changers but this rank option is really great feature.

Last edited by foxsay; 07-10-2018 at 04:37.
Arkarr
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2018 , 04:49   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #23

By unique, I meant, something that doesn't exist yet. There are countlesss bhop server.

Also, let's open another thread about wich illegal plugin is usefull or not.

Last edited by Arkarr; 07-10-2018 at 04:50.
foxsay
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-10-2018 , 04:55   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkarr View Post
By unique, I meant, something that doesn't exist yet. There are countlesss bhop server.

Also, let's open another thread about wich illegal plugin is usefull or not.
I'm talking about deathrun servers witch auto bhop who messed up a mod and my deathrun server doesnt have a auto bh. i'm not tallking about a bhop mod. I think thats counts as unique if my server right now is only one without auto bh in cs go as i know i did research some time ago didn't find any without auto bh in deathrun.
And that fake rank module is based on main plugin level ranks core point system i forgot to metion that about plugin.

Last edited by foxsay; 07-10-2018 at 05:02.
Arkarr
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2018 , 05:22   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #25

Sorry. What I meant was that you didn't "created" something, but rather thook what was already existing, mixing it up and calling it new. But people already know those things, that's why they don't really see the point of playing on your server more than on someone's else.

Also, about the comment you received on your server, those comments were written because :
1) The gamemod you had on your server didn't suited there needs
2) They had the habit of using disallowed plugins wich wasn't present on your server

for 1) I can't help you in anyway, but for 2) because some people still install it, it seems that it has become required to have players on your server... If every server owner removed it, then it would be as good as before. But that won't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxsay View Post
we need take step as community if we want to solve this problem.
Yes, it seems now that server owner's open server to make PROFIT instead of fun. What the hell.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-10-2018 , 05:53   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofmybrain View Post
It astonishes me how poorly the servers with those scripts generally tend to run. People would rather play in a server spiking red variance every couple seconds where their bullets don't hit anywhere near where they're aiming and their fps tanks to 25 as long as they get to look at shiny skins.
I host a Bhop,Surf and more, and the Server runs perfect with !knife and more. Trust me, there is no influence on the server with these plugins.^^

Info: 1.all the stuff on my Server is for Free 2. i dont use Motd too to get money. 3. These scripts you get for free, to take money for it is cheeky ;)

Last edited by freak.exe_uLow; 07-10-2018 at 06:56.
foxsay
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-10-2018 , 06:13   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Sorry. What I meant was that you didn't "created" something, but rather thook what was already existing, mixing it up and calling it new. But people already know those things, that's why they don't really see the point of playing on your server more than on someone's else.

Also, about the comment you received on your server, those comments were written because :
1) The gamemod you had on your server didn't suited there needs
2) They had the habit of using disallowed plugins wich wasn't present on your server

for 1) I can't help you in anyway, but for 2) because some people still install it, it seems that it has become required to have players on your server... If every server owner removed it, then it would be as good as before. But that won't happen.

Yes, it seems now that server owner's open server to make PROFIT instead of fun. What the hell.
Well i don't really care if they dont like the server thats not problem anymore people who dislike auto bhop version of deathrun play in my server i heard alot times it was hard for them to find an server without auto bh and yeah people who joined cuz skins atleast some part stay in the server and are active maybe first few days hype for that they can get every skin and later they kinda really don't give a about shit about them only stay because they like community. Yeah mod isnt nothing new but conspect of no auto bhop isn't common thing in cs go deathrun server community.

I still don't get it what is point calling your server a deathrun if its speed run. T doesn't even have a time to active buttons because ct have +700speed when they are auto bhoping without speed cap. Some servers have even disabled t side that is not a deathrun without one terrorist who press buttons to stop cts from finnishing map.

If we want to solve this doesn't mean we all need to remove them we as community can try get valve attention about this topic and they could solve this. Look how easy is for them destroy gambling with simply 7 day restriction well its not totally dead but it was big effect on those sites.

Last edited by foxsay; 07-10-2018 at 06:22.
Fastmancz
Old 07-10-2018 , 07:40   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #28

Making money is in the first place (happy players also). The basis of the economy. Without money, you don't create other servers.

You want to run servers without the blocked plugins? You have no chance. Our players have in the VIP package all these blocked plugins (today are free, thanks to ads). I'm ashamed of it? No.

Let's ask a question: Why Valve blocks CUSTOM guns and things like that. Maybe money?

- Thanks, Franc1sco.

Main owner of the CMGPORTAL.CZ.
---------------------------------------
My plugins:
[CS:GO] Panorama - Timeleft
[CS:GO] JailBreak - Be quiet, please!

Last edited by Fastmancz; 07-10-2018 at 07:46.
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2018 , 09:35   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak.exe_uLow View Post
I host a Bhop,Surf and more, and the Server runs perfect with !knife and more. Trust me, there is no influence on the server with these plugins.^^

Info: 1.all the stuff on my Server is for Free 2. i dont use Motd too to get money. 3. These scripts you get for free, to take money for it is cheeky ;)
I'm speaking from my experience in the us. I don't go going German servers every day.

And I'm not saying those skins cause problems. I'm saying the people here who run those plugins also don't care about having good servers, so you can truly see how nobody in the US care about playing in a good server. They just care about skins.

Last edited by ghostofmybrain; 07-10-2018 at 09:40.
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2018 , 09:38   Re: [DISCUSSION] Why do you break the rules?
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Sooo... Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that if you find an original idea that no other server has, every player would join your servers and would forger about skins and stuff.
You are wrong, because nobody will join an empty server. When there are 300 shitty servers and one server that offers something good, they one server will always be empty.

One time, back when I cared, I used to run a really good deathmatch server. I would frequently advertise it on Reddit (it's the only place in the us to do it), and every time I would post it, it would be full for a week straight, with hundreds of people posting how much they loved it and how it was nice to have a server where bullets registered. A week later it's empty again. The number one response of why people stopped playing there -it was empty when I got on and I didn't want to wait.

The thing about skin plugins is they pull in a player base that would otherwise be playing casual. It isn't the skin plugins that killed communities -it's the existence of valves casual mode.

How many people on Reddit (again, it's the only place that exists in the us) cry for "unranked competitive" when community pugs and community 5v5 pub servers exist? Valve had created a player base that doesn't care about finding good servers, because the player base is used to how easy it is to just jump in and out of a game with no consequences.

Last edited by ghostofmybrain; 07-10-2018 at 09:45.