Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

IRC Relay for SourceMod 2.5.0

Post New Thread Reply   

hextasy
Old 11-20-2009 , 08:34   Re: IRC Relay for SourceMod
Reply With Quote #361

I've found that my error is a connection problem. I may have just misspelled something, I'll have to check that later. My concern is that I just don't have the right variables. The only config I have to go by is the one that's pasted at the beginning of this post, and the little bit of writings about it on the dev branch. Can we get an update on configuration changes?
Old 11-20-2009 , 15:46   Re: IRC Relay for SourceMod
Reply With Quote #362

http://projects.interwavestudios.com...elay/documents

When you think about asking a question... consider what have you tried?
hextasy
Old 11-20-2009 , 16:20   Re: IRC Relay for SourceMod
Reply With Quote #363

I have looked at those documents. I have a ircrelay.cfg file in addons/sourcemod/configs and in addons/sourcemod/configs/ircrelay/ I also have a copy of settings.ini in addons/sourcemod/configs/ircrelay/

I failed to notice I had an uncomplete ircrelay.cfg in orangebox/tf/cfg/sourcemod/ replacing that with the complete file in addons/sourcemod/configs/ircrelay.cfg finally did the trick. I mean no offense, but you really might want to think about organizing that documentation a little bit more. thanks again!
Old 11-21-2009 , 01:34   Re: IRC Relay for SourceMod
Reply With Quote #364

The version you are using I would consider an alpha build. I mite have one time called it a beta version... but alpha better defines it. It could be completely rewritten before it's actual release. The fact that people like/want a working copy caused us to publish it in this thread... but I would in no way consider it in it's current form even close to a release version, or anything with documentation. We added that stuff very very recently to help people understand the changes, but at the same time, spending lots of time to write a long explanation may be in vein.

When you think about asking a question... consider what have you tried?
hextasy
Old 11-21-2009 , 04:30   Re: IRC Relay for SourceMod
Reply With Quote #365

understood. I'll keep posted.
Old 11-27-2009 , 16:47   Re: IRC Relay for SourceMod
Reply With Quote #366

Hi guys,

Bit of a problem with the plugin - for some reason for every map change, the plugin will decide to send /irc messages again and again to my IRC channel... don't know how to explain... eg:
- 2 map changes - message will be sent 2 times...
- at the moment, we're on the 8th map change:

Added to MSGQueue: PRIVMSG #JR : (4Deadman) : .
Sent: PRIVMSG #JR : (4Deadman) : .

Sent: PRIVMSG #JR : (4Deadman): .

Just wondering why this is happening? It's fine after a server restart (albeit with difficulty getting the bots to actually join the channel).
Etrigan
Old 11-29-2009 , 18:11   Re: IRC Relay for SourceMod
Reply With Quote #367

Is there a built-in delay for the bot to respond to your commands? Only reason why I'm asking is because before changing the trigger, it was responding rather quickly but now, when I execute commands, it takes about approximately 1min for it to respond to the command that was executed.

Took a bit to get it to function correctly but I enjoy the functionality of it.
KrankFL
Old 11-30-2009 , 09:50   Re: IRC Relay for SourceMod
Reply With Quote #368

Nice plugin, however, chat is not being relayed to the channel I have irc_show_chat 1

I'm using this on left 4 dead 2 by the way, I can send commands, but half of the stuff isn't working.

I am able to send messages from IRC to the server though.

!server.players works as well, it gets printed in chat.

Also when typing say messagehere in the console I get this:

L 11/29/2009 - 16:07:17: [SM] Native "GetClientTeam" reported: Client index 0 is invalid
L 11/29/2009 - 16:07:17: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "irc-relay-core.smx":
L 11/29/2009 - 16:07:17: [SM] [0] Line 547, irc-relay-core.sp::Native_IRC_GetColorName()
L 11/29/2009 - 16:07:17: [SM] Native "IRC_GetColorName" reported: Error encountered while processing a dynamic native
L 11/29/2009 - 16:07:17: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "irc-chat-relay.smx":
L 11/29/2009 - 16:07:17: [SM] [0] Line 129, irc-chat-relay.sp::Command_RelaySay()

Sometimes after a map load the bot decides to disconnect from irc and never come back until I restart the game server.

I'm guessing there also are no alternatives for this plugin, is it even still supported?

Well this is strange, I reloaded the core executed the cfg and reloaded the core again, and now I have chat being relayed to irc SWEET.

First everything seemed to work as I wanted it, but now I executed a rcon command and chat messages are being duplicated, instead of 1 line you get 2 lines.

All of the sudden chat stopped being relayed, loaded core again, chat not working anymore, I guess this plugin has a life of its own it seems.

Last edited by KrankFL; 11-30-2009 at 14:54.
Zykomaniac
Old 11-30-2009 , 12:33   Re: IRC Relay for SourceMod
Reply With Quote #369

How to make the bot join an password protected channel?

nwm got it :p

Last edited by Zykomaniac; 12-01-2009 at 11:32.
Zykomaniac
Old 12-01-2009 , 12:36   Re: IRC Relay for SourceMod
Reply With Quote #370

sorry double post, but regarding the duplicate - triplicate messages.

if its in the autoexec/server.cfg everytime the map changes the bot is getting to relays it seems, thus after 1 map change it will give 2 chat lines, after 2 map changes it will give 3 chat lines, etc