1% 

[Sven Co-op] Player vs Player

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Sven Coop        Category:   Gameplay       
gabuch2
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-09-2016 , 23:04   [Sven Co-op] Player vs Player
Reply With Quote #1

Sven Co-op Player vs Player (or Sven Co-op PVP, for short) is a plugin that allows you and the players of your server to fight each other. As you may already know, Sven Co-op is a co-op game that pits you and the players against AI-Controller mobs the SC team ensured to remove any instance of PVPing in the game, however, there are methods how to enable it.

The most known method is map-based, basically it will fill the maps with certain triggers and conditions that enable you to kill other players, but this is allowed in only certain maps (or you could do the painful process of ripenting every one of your old HLDM maps to enable this)

This plugin automates this, if the cvar included in the plugin is enabled, it will enable PVP between players at map start. Extremely useful if you want to set up a PVP server without any hassle. Just enable the plugin, put some classic HLDM/OP4 maps and play! This plugin does everything for you.

Features:
  • Fool-Proof! Just enable the plugin and play!
  • Compatible with most, if not all, HLDM and OP4DM maps.
  • Included a method to enable scoring when killing other players (by default none in the base game)
  • It removes the snarks and the hivegun from the map if the plugin is active (currently these weapons do not work in PVP, I'm seeing if I can fix them)
CVars:
  • sc_deathmatch (default "1")
    Enables PVP mode. It takes effect at map start.
  • sc_pvp_disable_armor (default "1")
    Determines if the plugin will remove any instance of armor recharging method, such as batteries and HEV chargers. Armor in Sven Co-op can completely ruin balance since it protects you from 90% of damage unlike other games like Counter-Strike and Half-Life Deathmatch itself. No effect if sc_deathmatch is 0.
  • sc_pvp_disable_revive (default "1")
    Determines if players can revive each other with the medkit, using the medkit is very exploitable since currently there's no way to determine who revived who and player tend to revive enemies to get easy frags. It is recommended to leave it on "1". No effect if sc_deathmatch is 0.
  • mp_teamplay (default "0")
    Determines if you want to play in teams. Currently there are 2 teams, RED and BLUE, and the only chooseable model is Helmet for team-recognition sake. No effect if sc_deathmatch is 0.
  • sc_pvp_gamename (default "1")
    Determines if the server will change its "Game Name" in the server browser. Possible names are Sven Co-op PVP and Sven Co-op PVP Teamplay. No effect if sc_deathmatch is 0.
Changelog:

• 0.5 hotfix
    • Fixed players in Teamplay only applying their color in their "topcolor" variable only.
    • Fixed a bug where the 10th player was always an ally, regardless of the "classify" index. (workaround, classify 10 is not used now)
    • Fixed a bug where Teamplay mode only added people to BLUE team.
    • More code cleanup.
    • Updated the death index to the Sven Co-op 5.12 value.
    • Added a CVAR which allows you to determine if players can be revived by the medkit.
  • 0.4 beta
    • Fixed a bug where the 3rd player was always an ally, regardless of the "classify" index. (workaround, classify 3 is not used now)
    • Added Teamplay support, let me know about any bug.
    • Added new cvars, check Cvars for more info.
    • Code cleanup.
    • Properly counts deaths now (thanks HamletEagle)
  • 0.2 beta
    • Initial Release
To do list:
  • Fix the weapons mentioned above.
  • Add Special Spawn support (to make it work with CS and TFC maps)
Requirements:
Known Bugs:
  • Players can revive enemy players with their medkit, a workaround is to disable the medkit in the map cfg file. (add nomedkit) Or you can use the sc_pvp_disable_revive cvar if you want to keep the medkit on Teamplay matches.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (svencoop_pvp.sma - 2074 views - 5.2 KB)

Last edited by gabuch2; 05-06-2017 at 12:20.
Anggara_nothing
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2016 , 23:45   Re: Sven Co-op Player vs Player
Reply With Quote #2

hmm AFAIK, classify's maximum value is 14, you can find it right inside sven-coop.fgd.
About snark ,hivehound, and medkit bug, it's related to classify itself because its used for monster relation.

More info : https://sites.google.com/site/svenma...nster-relation

Spoiler
gabuch2
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-16-2016 , 14:21   Re: Sven Co-op Player vs Player
Reply With Quote #3

Updated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anggara_nothing View Post
hmm AFAIK, classify's maximum value is 14, you can find it right inside sven-coop.fgd.
About snark ,hivehound, and medkit bug, it's related to classify itself because its used for monster relation.

More info : https://sites.google.com/site/svenma...nster-relation

Spoiler
Actually there are a lot indexes, up to 99 according to ham_consts.inc, with 15-98 being unused, I don't know how these will react of being used as classification on players. Since this is the only way to enable PVP between players we have no other choice but to test.

Snark and hive bugs are related to is_player_ally AFAIK.
Old 07-16-2016 , 17:41   Re: Sven Co-op Player vs Player
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shattered Heart Lynx View Post
Actually there are a lot indexes, up to 99 according to ham_consts.inc, with 15-98 being unused, I don't know how these will react of being used as classification on players. Since this is the only way to enable PVP between players we have no other choice but to test.
Hmm that's true, i saw it on ham_const.inc (amxx 1.8.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shattered Heart Lynx View Post
Snark and hive bugs are related to is_player_ally AFAIK.
Hmm probably can be fixed with SetPlayerAlly(false) for spawned snark and/or hornet monster. (Angelscript only)

Last edited by Anggara_nothing; 07-16-2016 at 17:42.
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2016 , 18:05   Re: [Sven Co-op] Player vs Player
Reply With Quote #5

Hi,

Why you use a task to delay the server setup [set_task(2.0, "startUp")], instead of just calling "startUp" on plugin_cfg(0)?

I think that makes more sense to call it on plugin_cfg(0) because it is called after all plugins go throw plugin_init(0), and after the 'AMXX' load its configuration file '.configs/amxx.cfg', and there is where your cvars should be placed by the admin, then everything would load fine.

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective

Last edited by addons_zz; 07-16-2016 at 18:07. Reason: finishing
gabuch2
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-06-2017 , 11:06   Re: [Sven Co-op] Player vs Player
Reply With Quote #6

Updated!
Old 05-12-2017 , 09:32   Re: [Sven Co-op] Player vs Player
Reply With Quote #7

Amazing work, not as single error yet! Big thanks 💙
Old 08-16-2017 , 20:19   Re: [Sven Co-op] Player vs Player
Reply With Quote #8

Does this still work? I installed the plugin (after many of hours of work trying to install AMX Mod X), but when I run it it says it is stopped. I tried installing other plugins and they work. I also tried updating the hamtada.ini file, but it still doesn't work.
klippy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-17-2017 , 05:52   Re: [Sven Co-op] Player vs Player
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionstorm View Post
but when I run it it says it is stopped.
If you had searched through server logs/console, you would've found "CVAR is disabled, bye bye!" (Although a better message would be welcome; Should also be documented). That means that sc_deathmatch cvar should be set to 1 at map start.

Last edited by klippy; 08-17-2017 at 05:53.
actionstorm
Old 08-17-2017 , 13:16   Re: [Sven Co-op] Player vs Player
Reply With Quote #10

Thanks for the help! I had looked through some of those logs, but hadn't seen that line. I thought it was automatically set to 1.