Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D & L4D2] Weapons Movement Speed (2.7) [24-Nov-2023]

Post New Thread Reply   

Maur0
Old 11-12-2022 , 21:32   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Weapons Movement Speed (2.4) [12-Nov-2022]
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Code:
2.4 (12-Nov-2022)
    - Fixed the Run and Walk speeds being inverted.
    - Now optionally uses the "Lagged Movement" plugin by "Silvers" to prevent conflicts when multiple plugins try to set player speed:
    - https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=340345
Now it works 100% perfect. Good work!
ddd123
Old 11-20-2022 , 16:02   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Weapons Movement Speed (2.4) [12-Nov-2022]
Reply With Quote #32

Hello, i know this is too much for ask for request and I'm sorry for too long text but

1.) Is there anyway for option to disable the weapon movement speed when Tank is on the map/spawn and enable weapon movement speed back again when all Tank are killed?

Because i have problem with Mutant Tank's slow and drunk ability and it seem the both abilities from mutant tank abilities has no effect?

I already tried [L4D & L4D2] Lagged Movement and both l4d_lagged_movement_type "1" and "2" still ignore the movement speed change from mutant tank

EDIT: Actually i did some badly copy-paste edits codes/script by jeremyvillanuevar to disable when tank spawn and enable again when all tank are killed and i think it's work but i get "call stack trace" error. (Should i post the edited script sp file here?)

2.) I remembered from Indomitable survivor post from Rawchelle at #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawchelle View Post
Hi, I like this plugin and I am currently using it, but I encountered one thing that some may regard as an issue:

If you adjust bot survivor movement speed, when they get grabbed by a smoker or jockey, the speed at which they get pulled, or ran around with, is also increased. This is not really a problem versus smokers, but jockeys can race with bots across the world in 10 seconds
I think this plugin also speed are changed when grab/ride by smoker/jockey

Last edited by ddd123; 11-21-2022 at 11:12.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 11-22-2022 , 09:02   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Weapons Movement Speed (2.4) [12-Nov-2022]
Reply With Quote #33

All other plugins, including "Mutant Tanks", using the "m_flLaggedMovementValue" value would need to add support for the "Lagged Movement" plugin to prevent conflicts with other plugins when setting speed. This plugin (Weapons Movement Speed) shows how to add optional support for "Lagged Movement" plugin.
Old 11-26-2022 , 11:15   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Weapons Movement Speed (2.5) [26-Nov-2022]
Reply With Quote #34

Code:
2.5 (26-Nov-2022)
    - Fixed fix property not found errors.
    - Plugin now resets speed to default on plugin end.
Old 01-09-2023 , 16:02   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Weapons Movement Speed (2.5) [26-Nov-2022]
Reply With Quote #35

This amazing job make my server more interesting
Earendil
Old 03-14-2023 , 10:11   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Weapons Movement Speed (1.0) [09-Sep-2021]
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Bandes View Post
Nice one, I got an idea, can you make something like Stamina, W will act as SHIFT, and SHIFT will act as W but consume stamina.
That request already exists.
noto3
Old 03-17-2023 , 08:08   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Weapons Movement Speed (2.6) [10-Feb-2023]
Reply With Quote #37

possibility of making the vel on cl_showpos 1 accurate to this plugin's config?

transaction from one weapon to another with different speed seem a slight bit of lag, any way to make it smoother? same goes for holding shift
Silvers
Old 03-31-2023 , 02:11   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Weapons Movement Speed (2.6) [10-Feb-2023]
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by noto3 View Post
possibility of making the vel on cl_showpos 1 accurate to this plugin's config?

transaction from one weapon to another with different speed seem a slight bit of lag, any way to make it smoother? same goes for holding shift
Guess cl_showpos is not possible since it's a serverside mod, don't know what that's using to detect speed, maybe using the "m_flMaxSpeed" would show the client speed correctly but that method causes stutter which is why the plugin uses the "m_flLaggedMovementValue" method. Being server side also explains the slight lag, whatever ping you have to the server is the delay in the speed changes.
Old 05-14-2023 , 12:10   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Weapons Movement Speed (2.5) [26-Nov-2022]
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Code:
2.5 (26-Nov-2022)
    - Fixed fix property not found errors.
    - Plugin now resets speed to default on plugin end.
The player's speed is reduced only if he is holding a weapon in his hands.

And how can I make the player's speed decrease constantly, while he has a certain weapon in his inventory?

For example, I want to make it so that the player takes a heavy M60 machine gun and walks slowly all the time, regardless of whether he holds it in his hands or on his back.
Silvers
Old 05-14-2023 , 18:46   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Weapons Movement Speed (2.5) [26-Nov-2022]
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika Misori View Post
The player's speed is reduced only if he is holding a weapon in his hands.

And how can I make the player's speed decrease constantly, while he has a certain weapon in his inventory?

For example, I want to make it so that the player takes a heavy M60 machine gun and walks slowly all the time, regardless of whether he holds it in his hands or on his back.
I have no time or interest in adding new features like this, maybe someone else can and I'll include in the plugin.