Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Source Engine 2 - SM get ready!

Post New Thread Reply   

Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 03-05-2015 , 19:49   Re: Source Engine 2 - SM get ready!
Reply With Quote #11

Oh oh, TF2 was so doomed when they did something that gave them tons of more profit than they would have if they didn't!!

Though yeah I've thought about items in the old game vs the new game. I just don't think TF3 will happen any time soon, unless TF2 completely dies.

Last edited by Chdata; 03-05-2015 at 19:49.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-06-2015 , 09:33   Re: Source Engine 2 - SM get ready!
Reply With Quote #12

Overwatch is just horrible... wasted part of my life even testing it. As for TF3 I see no reason why they wouldn't advance to a new game on a new engine. TF2 isn't dying but they aren't exactly supporting it as they are Dota2 and CSGO which to me both of those games are rather horrible but meh that is my opinion.
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 03-06-2015 , 11:26   Re: Source Engine 2 - SM get ready!
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
they aren't exactly supporting it as they are Dota2 and CSGO which to me both of those games are rather horrible but meh that is my opinion.
What makes you say that... there has been plenty of updates, more than csgo has gotten.
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 03-06-2015 , 11:30   Re: Source Engine 2 - SM get ready!
Reply With Quote #14

The thing is, as Chdata said, if valve releases a TF3 it will be like "Hey, I know you are kind of rich in this game that thousands of people are still playing but, do you want to pay for a brand new game where you are poor again?"

Of course a new game it's always awesome but, I think that valve should make a "TF2.5" which is just the old TF2 in Source 2 plus new content.
Old 03-06-2015 , 11:52   Re: Source Engine 2 - SM get ready!
Reply With Quote #15

In source 2 related files leak there was Team Fortress 2 on Source 2.
I'm not sure whether that is planned for future or that was one of random TFTeam tests which later got dissolved or abandoned.

It's quite unlikely that they planned to use it for TF3 though...

Last edited by Oshizu; 03-06-2015 at 11:52.
Mathias.
Veteran Member
Old 03-06-2015 , 13:35   Re: Source Engine 2 - SM get ready!
Reply With Quote #16

They will prob do like source engine and orangebox where they slowly port the game to the new engine (not in public release) and do a "suprise mother *****!" to everyone.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-07-2015 , 10:47   Re: Source Engine 2 - SM get ready!
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
What makes you say that... there has been plenty of updates, more than csgo has gotten.
I saw it as if TF2 has reached a dead end for new things. Outside of bumpercars and ducks they haven't really done much else unless it was reskinned. Also it would appear as if most of the updates are something that someone else makes vs coming up with something new. Personally I think its time for a new character to play as. They could really pump new blood into the game as in new maps and items all geared around a new character which opens up thousands of possible new items for that character and the others to counter with.

Better off just going to TF3 - having everyone start from scratch for items. It would certainly solve the current key to metal issue so many are raising hell about but just eliminating keys. You would have to purchase the crates in the store - all with combination locks. You gain combination code slips in normal drop cycles which means you must play the game however you would still have to purchase the crates much like keys - its a perfect solution!
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 03-07-2015 , 12:57   Re: Source Engine 2 - SM get ready!
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
I saw it as if TF2 has reached a dead end for new things. Outside of bumpercars and ducks they haven't really done much else unless it was reskinned. Also it would appear as if most of the updates are something that someone else makes vs coming up with something new. Personally I think its time for a new character to play as. They could really pump new blood into the game as in new maps and items all geared around a new character which opens up thousands of possible new items for that character and the others to counter with.

Better off just going to TF3 - having everyone start from scratch for items. It would certainly solve the current key to metal issue so many are raising hell about but just eliminating keys. You would have to purchase the crates in the store - all with combination locks. You gain combination code slips in normal drop cycles which means you must play the game however you would still have to purchase the crates much like keys - its a perfect solution!
Yeah i can understand that, if they add any more players will have some real performance issues with all the little effects they have to precache joining the game.
Tetl
Old 03-08-2015 , 17:22   Re: Source Engine 2 - SM get ready!
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1SoR View Post
But what if they decide to push Squirrel/vscripts?
My call is that they're done with the What Would Every Scripting Language Feel Like In Source? experiment and have finally defaulted to Grandaddy Lua -- the Dota 2 Workshop tools contain some hints that suggest they're interested in moving more of their own games to script, too.

They ARE providing vscript as a means for manipulating source2 games. They've bound an ungodly amount of functions for Dota. Some people such as myself foresee a future in which the sorts of hacked-in customizations AM enjoys building end up as vscript extensions -- an act that is rather easy, even from our contexts.