Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] TFDodgeball

Post New Thread Reply   

KBarterCZ
Old 07-22-2012 , 14:09   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #731

Hello,

First of all, small question about "licence". I've read about Dodgeball and I'd like to make a tfdb_ map for some servers, so first question is easy:

What to use? TFDB_? Is this "free"?

If tfdb_ is ok, then I want to ask you for some kind of how-to or documentation for used entities. I've decompiled tfdb_float_a2 map to reverse-engineer how the map works and I copied some entities which seems to work, but not sure. The problem is entity connection, what the entity must have and what not, because its really complex for me and you have better experience than I. I've created some "stock" maps, but TFDB is new for me.

So, What I have to use? How it should be set-up?

I know this could be bad question on bad place, I looked for tfdb on whole internet but wasn't able to find relevant information. Problem is its TFDB so I presume it has "standartised" settings which are used most TFDB servers. I'm just map-maker.

Here is small list of entities I copied and researched. I've removed light_enviroment, shadow_controler (or something) and env_cubemap cos I don't thing its crucial. It seems like general entities.

List of entities I copied to my map:
info_target (2x) - its named rocket_spawn_red / blue - rockets are spawning here
tf_gamerules - it seems this entity stops dodgeball type game when any team wins
point_servercommand - its named "dodgeball_commands" and it seems most rules are listed here. For me personally, its complex. I dont know what does what and how it should be set up
logic_auto - same as point_servercommand
tf_logic_arena - this enables dodgeball AFAIK
team_round_timer - sudden death?
game_text (2x) - This should be easy, shows text on screen? It has no inputs / outputs...
game_round_win - disables dodgeball, again, sudden death?
game_end - this entity should finish the map or round...

Thanks in Advance! :)
lucasdidur
Old 07-25-2012 , 16:21   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #732

Hi Asherkin,

Could you make the TFdodgeball extension only work when game is on a tfdb_ or db_ maps?

This would fix most problems I'm having on my server because it is multi mod, and some are having trouble with the extension.

I tried to unload when not in a tfdb_ map, but my server cash when I try to load again.

Thank you.

asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-25-2012 , 17:22   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #733

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasdidur View Post
Could you make the TFdodgeball extension only work when game is on a tfdb_ or db_ maps?
That wouldn't actually fix your issue.
The incompatibility is caused by it being loaded at all, I haven't been able to fix it yet.

Last edited by asherkin; 07-25-2012 at 17:23.
lucasdidur
Old 07-25-2012 , 18:10   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #734

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
That wouldn't actually fix your issue.
The incompatibility is caused by it being loaded at all, I haven't been able to fix it yet.
And about I make load ingame and crash, it is an error on my server?

XackPhair
Old 07-30-2012 , 11:41   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #735

I have a problem with Dodgeball crashing the server when the number of players in game is above 2 (3 or more). This has been a problem for me for a while now and finally decided to try it again. I actually had no problems running Dodgeball before, so I am not sure what is happening. I am running this on a Windows server with SourceMod 1.4.5 Dev. The only cvars in config_arena.cfg are the server name and rcon password. There is nothing in logs. Any ideas?

Last edited by XackPhair; 07-30-2012 at 11:43.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-30-2012 , 15:44   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #736

Quote:
Originally Posted by XackPhair View Post
I have a problem with Dodgeball crashing the server when the number of players in game is above 2 (3 or more). This has been a problem for me for a while now and finally decided to try it again. I actually had no problems running Dodgeball before, so I am not sure what is happening. I am running this on a Windows server with SourceMod 1.4.5 Dev. The only cvars in config_arena.cfg are the server name and rcon password. There is nothing in logs. Any ideas?
Grabbed a few people and tested it (I normally only test with bots), and can't replicate this issue.
Please try a clean install.
Old 08-10-2012 , 15:17   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #737

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBarterCZ View Post
Hello,

First of all, small question about "licence". I've read about Dodgeball and I'd like to make a tfdb_ map for some servers, so first question is easy:

What to use? TFDB_? Is this "free"?

If tfdb_ is ok, then I want to ask you for some kind of how-to or documentation for used entities. I've decompiled tfdb_float_a2 map to reverse-engineer how the map works and I copied some entities which seems to work, but not sure. The problem is entity connection, what the entity must have and what not, because its really complex for me and you have better experience than I. I've created some "stock" maps, but TFDB is new for me.

So, What I have to use? How it should be set-up?

I know this could be bad question on bad place, I looked for tfdb on whole internet but wasn't able to find relevant information. Problem is its TFDB so I presume it has "standartised" settings which are used most TFDB servers. I'm just map-maker.

Here is small list of entities I copied and researched. I've removed light_enviroment, shadow_controler (or something) and env_cubemap cos I don't thing its crucial. It seems like general entities.

List of entities I copied to my map:
info_target (2x) - its named rocket_spawn_red / blue - rockets are spawning here
tf_gamerules - it seems this entity stops dodgeball type game when any team wins
point_servercommand - its named "dodgeball_commands" and it seems most rules are listed here. For me personally, its complex. I dont know what does what and how it should be set up
logic_auto - same as point_servercommand
tf_logic_arena - this enables dodgeball AFAIK
team_round_timer - sudden death?
game_text (2x) - This should be easy, shows text on screen? It has no inputs / outputs...
game_round_win - disables dodgeball, again, sudden death?
game_end - this entity should finish the map or round...

Thanks in Advance!
Hi, I'm the author of tfdb_float, I can give you the source file if you want to. Message me.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 08-16-2012 , 08:28   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #738

While TFDB's gamedata was updated a few minutes before the update, there were some unexpected last minute changes that unfortunately require a recompile.

Anyone finding attributes being wonky, give hg207 from http://vphysics.limetech.org/?project=tfdodgeball a shot.
Old 08-16-2012 , 16:09   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #739

Getting it right now.

Thanks asher.

edit: running well at windows so far. No problems found.

Last edited by oreia; 08-16-2012 at 16:28.
yellowblood
Old 08-18-2012 , 07:30   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #740

I downloaded hg207, but I'm not able to change any of the cvars, they just stay the same. I tried to change them in a cfg file, and I also tried to change them from the console. They just won't change.

Any idea why this happens?