Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

FORUM RULES: Read before you post

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 04-29-2004 , 18:58   FORUM RULES: Read before you post

FOR THE 50 THOUSANDTH TIME: NON-STEAM SERVERS ARE NOT SUPPORTED HERE. If I see a non-steam server AMXx support request consider your thread nuked into oblivion.

Click Here for Global Forum Rules

There are a few "rules" you should observe when posting here. None of which are that hard to follow:

Readability: Don't post things in one large paragraph with no punctuation. Also, don't post topics in ALL CAPS. Keep the 1337 SP34K for in game. Don't use things like y for why, u for you.. etc.. It just makes it harder for everyone to read.

Detail: Give us details about your problem. Just saying something doesn't work is not helpful to use. Post config files, version numbers, anything you can think of that could be even remotely related. Don't post the large blocks of comments in some files (users.ini for example). We don't need to see the comments that are included in every AmxX distribution. However, do NOT upload your entire addons or amxmodx directory, its easier for everyone if you paste the config files into your post

PM's, email's, IM's, etc: Don't ask us to come track you down to solve your problem. If you don't want to have to keep checking back, check the "Notify me when a reply is posted" box, and the forums will send you an email when someone replies. Sometimes, it may be easier for you to get on IRC, where we can talk to you directly, and not have to wait for you to respond to posts. You can find us in #amxmodx on irc.Gamesurge.net. Note: Please do not PM people from the channel without asking first, and be patient. Most of the users in IRC are from the US so the channel is kind of slow around early-mid day GMT.

Topic Titles: Should be descriptive. Don't post them in all caps, and don't say your problem is more urgent then someone elses. It isn't. I personally skip over any topic with URGENT or similar in the title.

Searching: There are very few NEW problems. Many have been asked before, and answered before. Many have also been answered in the Manual. Reading the manual, and searching the forums is always a good way to start.

A few notes:
This is not general HLDS help. See the steampowered forums, or the Off Topic forum if it isn't related to AmxX
This is not the plugin support forum. If you have a problem with a plugin you downloaded, post in that plugins thread.. not here

Edit 1-2-07 by sawce: Fixed IRC info
Edit 10-17-07 by Roach: Added Non-Steam Announcement

Last edited by YamiKaitou; 11-21-2012 at 23:50.
devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 05-04-2004 , 18:46  

FAQ:
Q) I get access denied for amx_who/Whats the access level for amx_who?
A) Use flag "y", its not documented anywhere, but in the include file makes it into "y" Note: Do NOT put your admins as access level Y, they will get it automatically if they don't have the "z" access level
Or.. to change it to "z" open admincmd.sma, on line 56 change ADMIN_ADMIN to ADMIN_USER

Q) Something I got from the CVS doesn't work!
A) Well, nothing on the CVS is verifyed to be working, solution is DDT (Don't do that)

Q) Where can I get metamod?
A) www.metamod.org

Q) Map voting isn't working (0.16)
A) Look at the next post in this thread

Q) My server crashes after I screwed with my config files
A) Quick: Revert back to unmodified configs
Long: Make sure you dont have comments on the same lines as plugins in the modules.ini or Metamod plugins.ini (The AmxX plugins.ini can have comments on the same line as plugins)
And make sure the files exist with the name given

Q) Plugin X crashes my server/causes lag
A) Disable it and POST IN THAT PLUGINS THREAD, NOT THE SUPPORT FORUM.. unless there it no thread for the plugin.. remember to search the plugins forum

Q) How can I disable AmxX over rcon
Q) I have a CAL server and need to disable AmxX for a match
A) Use rcon and do "meta unload amxx" to get it back restart the server

Q) MetamodX? Whats that?
Q) Where can I get MetamodX
A) MetamodX was a patch for Metamod, that was released when MM needed updates, but the MM developers weren't getting to them fast enough.. it had been like 3 months with not a word. So don't worry if someone talks about MetamodX, just get the latest Metamod

Q) My /top15 doesn't display all 15
A) There isn't much you can do, its caused by the length limit thats built into CS. The AmxX top15 display goes over this limit, meaning parts of the top15 won't display

Q) Where can I get vexd and/or xtrafun?
A) You can't, those modules have been merged into engine and fun, if a plugin needs them, it may need to be converted to AmxX

Q) No one can connect to my server, or it doesn't appear on the server list
A) On your router, you need to forward some ports. This is done using your routers web interface (or other methods)

Please, click Here for instructions. If your router isn't listed there, please check its manual.
The ports you need to forward, are 27015-27020.

Also, if there has been a recent steam update, try running the autoupdater

Verify that these lines are in your server.cfg:
Code:
sv_lan 0
sv_region 255
Veteran Member
Old 11-28-2004 , 11:43   Use descriptive topics. Or don't post at all.

"Help!", "Please HELP!", "Urgent HELP" are all examples of useless topic titles. Any new ones I see will be locked.
Veteran Member
Old 01-30-2005 , 22:30   Do NOT try to moderate this forum.

Its spam really. What is the point in you posting "Admin delete this" or "lock this"?

Do you think just because you posted that I will do whatever with that thread? The only person who shold be posting stuff like that is the thread creater.

I'm tired of seeing it from everyone else.
Writes love letters to sawce Daily
Old 09-26-2007 , 00:17   Re: FORUM RULES: Read before you post

Since people seem to be unable to check the FAQ on the site....

Q: How do I reset stats?
A: Type csstats_reset 1 into console.

If you are an admin, just use amx_rcon csstats_reset 1.

Q: How do I set my server up so my bots don't have any stats?
A: In your amxx.cfg enter in the following line: csstats_rankbots 0. Note: Use csstats_rankbots 1 to enable stats logging for your bots.

ALSO:

Q: Can I run AMX and AMXx on my server at the same time?
A: Can you? Yes. Is it recommended? Absolutely not, and why would you want to? As of version 1.76 AMXx comes with a backwards compatibility layer for AMX plugins. All that you need to do is remove the semicolon from in front of amxmod_compat.amxx in plugins.ini, then add the plugin to the plugins.ini list as normal.

Note that you do NOT have to recompile your .amx plugins, HOWEVER, this feature is still fairly experimental. If you would like more information on it, read up on it here: http://wiki.amxmodx.org/AMX_Mod_Comp...28AMX_Mod_X%29
Now replace the word "good" with "dumb".
What was your rationale for proposing such a thing?

Last edited by Roach; 10-13-2007 at 00:17.
Roach
Writes love letters to sawce Daily
Old 01-31-2008 , 06:58   NOW HEAR THIS:

I'm tired of reading the same damn thread with the same damn problem that is answered in the FAQ's / Read-me's in the top of the forum here.

Since you new users can't seem to read, I've decided to make a little change.

From now on, if I see a thread that has an answer/link in the FAQ or a sticky in this forum, its getting locked or trashed. The most common issues are right there in front of you and already answered.

Unless there is a MAJOR issue (like my users.ini exploded and my server box went up in flames, what happened?), kiss your thread goodbye.

I'm getting sick of reading the same thing 50 times a day on this forum.

Post wisely.
Now replace the word "good" with "dumb".
What was your rationale for proposing such a thing?
Greentryst
WHAT MORE DO THEY WANT?!
Old 02-01-2008 , 17:28   Addendum

In addition to enforcing Roach's superb new rule, I will now remind you of an old one.

From the global forum rules: Use descriptive topic titles. People should know at a glance of the title what the thread is about.

Any thread I see here without a detailed title will be instantly nuked and your karma will be reduced. I don't care if it's a valid question, or whether it has replies in progress. I'm sick of having my time wasted by useless thread titles, and so is everyone who provides support here. Oh, and take the time to spell properly. You have absolutely no excuse unless English is not your first language (in which case extra effort is preferable anyway).

Here are a few examples on the first page that I'm about to nuke:
  • awp_rooftops trouble
  • I need help for AMX Mod and Metamod!
  • Installing AMX
  • plugins
  • geting d/c in my server
  • i have a bigg problem
  • wich plugin stop extended !!
  • Adding levels
  • model doesn't shows
All of those are idiotic thread names that convey nothing but a broad subject. Some have 5, 10, 20, even 30 replies. Some have even been graced by sawce's presence. But none are immune.

Here are a couple good thread names from the first page:
  • [CS 1.6] Server crashes with segmentation fault, logs included, need help
  • Double kill don't work (miscstats-amxx1.80)
  • Error: SZ_GetSpace: overflow on nickname

In conclusion: I don't like destroying things, I like creating them. I would love to see a page of the Support forum full of valid, well-detailed issues and helpful solutions. I do not want to see the trash heap before my eyes right now. So, I will simply purge anything that doesn't fit my utopian model.

Last edited by YamiKaitou; 11-21-2012 at 23:50.
Send a message via ICQ to Greentryst Send a message via AIM to Greentryst Send a message via MSN to Greentryst Send a message via Yahoo to Greentryst Send a message via Skype™ to Greentryst
Closed Thread