Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

New to Source Mod

Post New Thread Reply   

dtnz
Old 03-03-2019 , 18:11  
Reply With Quote #1

Hi, I've been running my own community cs:go competitive server on a linux VPS for a while now but I have just recently installed source mod so I could run up a community FFA DM Server.. the problem i'm having is I dont know what the switches are to add command line so when I launch the FFA server it loads the deathmatch plugin and and a different server config to change hostname, round time, warmup time etc.. could someone please help me with this?

Secondly, since I've installed source mod and the deathmatch plugin my competitive server keeps loading the deathmatch plugin when it restarts.. how can I stop this from happening? From a search tried running "sm plugins unload <plugin> but it doesnt work and it just keeps executing the variable "sm plugins" listing the avilable plugins..

Thanks in advance..

Have I not posted this in the correct place? can anyone help? I want just want to know how to launch multiple servers that will load different configs and different plugins... thanks..

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 03-04-2019 at 04:28. Reason: Merge bump
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 03-03-2019 , 19:16   Re: New to Source Mod
Reply With Quote #2

Seems like a server management question, so I'd say the correct forum is SRCDS servers.

sm plugins unload has to be run in the server console (likely over SSH and possibly in a screen / tmux session, since you're using a Linux VPS).

I'm not sure if there's a standard CS:GO multi-server setup so I can't give definite info there (personally I've segmented each of my game server installations), but +exec your_config.cfg on server startup should work to load in a specific configuration.

Last edited by nosoop; 03-03-2019 at 19:16.
dtnz
Old 03-05-2019 , 22:07   Re: New to Source Mod
Reply With Quote #3

Thanks nosoop for your help via PM.. all up and running now

For anyone else that comes across this thread the command I was specifically after is +sm_basepath

add that to the command line with the locations the plugins to your server launcher along with +exec your_config.cfg and you'll be good to go

Helpful link that explains it in more detail

https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Multiple...ers_(SourceMod)

Last edited by dtnz; 03-05-2019 at 22:09. Reason: edit config.exe for config.cfg