Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

SRCDS update 6:20PM CST Wiped out MetaMod/SourceMod install

Post New Thread Reply   

SumoCow
Old 08-24-2010 , 19:40   SRCDS update 6:20PM CST Wiped out MetaMod/SourceMod install
Reply With Quote #1

okay, I am running a dedicated server on my computer, so i have direct access to the console.... was messing around (fixing, if you wish =P) some configs when i get a message saying that my server is out of date:

so i use the update tool, and it downloads and installs the update from Valve...

I go to bring it up afterwards and i have NO metamod or sourcemod configs coming up at all!

What happened? do I need to reinstall MM and SM again? and If I am not the only one getting this happening to them, what the heck happened?
SumoCow
Old 08-24-2010 , 20:37   Re: SRCDS update 6:20PM CST Wiped out MetaMod/SourceMod install
Reply With Quote #2

I think I have found the sollution to the problem:

I believe the update over-wrote the gameinfo.txt file. since
Code:
GameBin				|gameinfo_path|addons/metamod/bin
was not in the file when i checked it, i replaced it back in the file and brought my server back up and running and poof! it works again.
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 08-24-2010 , 20:43   Re: SRCDS update 6:20PM CST Wiped out MetaMod/SourceMod install
Reply With Quote #3

This is why the preferred method of running Metamod and SourceMod is using the VDF files

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).