Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

How to make alltalk/ff-vote results to stay after map change?

Post New Thread Reply   

ServingLife
Old 08-15-2010 , 10:31   How to make alltalk/ff-vote results to stay after map change?
Reply With Quote #1

How to make alltalk/ff-vote results to stay after map change?
Is there a plugin for this?
Because now if the vote result has been different from the cvar in server.cfg, the vote will be nullified after map change cos the server execs the server.cfg at everymap change.

On a general note, is there way to make a whole punch of cvars to stay in different values after map change? Like if I run server_training.cfg which makes the server passworded etc. and now changing the map will nullify again everything and I/admin have to run the server_training.cfg again...
ojmdk476oj
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-15-2010 , 11:01   Re: How to make alltalk/ff-vote results to stay after map change?
Reply With Quote #2

In your server.cfg in cfg.
cfg\server.cfg
ServingLife
Old 08-15-2010 , 11:54   Re: How to make alltalk/ff-vote results to stay after map change?
Reply With Quote #3

and this helps me how?
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 08-15-2010 , 15:24   Re: How to make alltalk/ff-vote results to stay after map change?
Reply With Quote #4

The only way to make the votes stay is to stop resetting the values in your server.cfg. You can create an additional .cfg and have it launch when you start the server to set the values to what you want them to be, but then let votes decide however the cvar operates.
Old 08-15-2010 , 15:55   Re: How to make alltalk/ff-vote results to stay after map change?
Reply With Quote #5

But it will still run thru server.cfg at map change agaik, right? So even if i do run server_training.cfg at server start, when the map changes all these cvars will be reset.
I am still quite new with all this stuff so could u provide some example how to make alltalk "stick" after vote.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 08-15-2010 , 19:19   Re: How to make alltalk/ff-vote results to stay after map change?
Reply With Quote #6

If you don't want the cvars to be reset in server.cfg, remove them from server.cfg, and then they will not be reset at map change. They will only be modified by an admin, a map, or another script. So if you have sv_alltalk 0 in server.cfg, and you votealltalk to 1, remove sv_alltalk 0 from your server.cfg and it will stay 1.
Old 08-16-2010 , 05:07   Re: How to make alltalk/ff-vote results to stay after map change?
Reply With Quote #7

Tnx now I think I got it to work.