12% 

CSS BRush

Post New Thread Reply   

Lordearon
Old 01-06-2014 , 01:30   Re: CSS BRush
Reply With Quote #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTSCS View Post
Sure, on round start would work, but maybe on player spawn, or shortly thereafter?

I'm going through the CS:S version and will have it updated soon, actually, I've been going through it for the last few days cleaning up the code and optimizing it.
not sure if that would work, here's the workflow I imagine:

1. OnRoundEnd
2. TerroristsWonTimer
3. RespawnPlayerTimer
4. SwitchPlayerTeam

But step 3 and 4 will call CS_RespawnPlayer().. if I Unfreeze in the OnPlayerSpawn Event Handler, it will unfreeze players during the teamswitching, wouldn't it? (freeze wouldn't have any effect)

fact is, OnPlayerSpawn it already ResetClientVariables() which unfreezes players... I thought about taking that out of the "ResetClientVariables()" function, but I'd need to see where this function is called (OnClientConnected / OnClientDisconnected only..) to make sure clients are able to move...

but if CS_RespawnPlayer() does not trigger OnPlayerSpawn I do not need to worry about the above.

Last edited by Lordearon; 01-06-2014 at 01:31.
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-06-2014 , 10:52   Re: CSS BRush
Reply With Quote #162

Actually, if a player is frozen, the respawning should unfreeze them automatically... I'd have to test it.
Old 01-08-2014 , 18:59   Re: CSS BRush
Reply With Quote #163

Updated gist added player freeze after T win + using mp_round_restart_delay 4 to speed up game play. This will decrease the time between round_end and round_start, Menu time should take this time into account for menu display time calculation (TODO)

you are right, players are automatically unfrozen on spawn (commented out unfreeze in resetclientvariables function).

If you have time, I would love to hear a code review from you.

PS: freezing players didn't work on player spawn unless a timer is set to freeze after a few seconds

EDIT: I promise, I'll do weapon restrict next!

Last edited by Lordearon; 01-08-2014 at 19:01.
Lordearon
Old 01-10-2014 , 12:15   Re: CSS BRush
Reply With Quote #164

Added CreateConVar("sm_brush_bombsite", "B", "What bomb site should be used?", FCVAR_NOTIFY); as well as Hooks. you can now switch again between target sites on the default maps.

I noticed an errorlog which probably shows a bug in the queue (brush tried to print chat to clients that were no longer in the game, I'm not sure if it is the queue, but I have strong suspicion it is.

anyway, still same gist

EDIT: still no weapon restrict code, should be controlled by an array of weapon (incl. grenade) names + count allowed for each team.

Last edited by Lordearon; 01-10-2014 at 12:17.
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-11-2014 , 11:51   Re: CSS BRush
Reply With Quote #165

I'm sorry I haven't been active... Finishing up the current code to push a final CS:S version, then I'll jump on this project for a CS:GO, but it looks like you're making tons of headway, thanks
Old 01-17-2014 , 01:09   Re: CSS BRush
Reply With Quote #166

I'm about to fly back home from Kiev and hope to have more time for this near Chinese new year
Old 01-22-2014 , 03:44   Re: CSS BRush
Reply With Quote #167

back, about to continue working on this, I have a question for you TnTSCS... what is your IDE/Workflow like?

currently I'm using Notepad++ with Language set to C++ and a nppFTP add-on connected over SSH to remotely edit the files.. then I use a putty console to run a script that recompiles and prompts if I want to copy over the compiled add-on to the server for testing... (allows me to abort the process if compilation failed)

first issue is that I don't have proper source control (I'm actually editing the live script). the only source control I have is the gist on my github which I only try to update if I have a working/tested version

2nd issue is no intelliSence and ability to navigate the function/variable declarations easily

Coming from VS2010 C# development environment, it's a though to adjust (I also miss the ///TODO and #region tags to collapse and keep todo lists right in the code)

I'm considering netbeans / eclipse.. with my own git server for source control... how about you?

I don't think there are automated test suites for sourcepawn? (get some TDD going... to be honest I have limited exposure to software development in my daily work..)

Last edited by Lordearon; 01-22-2014 at 03:47.
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-23-2014 , 00:49   Re: CSS BRush
Reply With Quote #168

I use Pawn Studio to edit and compile... then copy the .smx to the plugins folder on my local test server

Pawn Studio has intelisence and auto-complete along with dynamic include file integration
Old 02-03-2014 , 00:03   Re: CSS BRush
Reply With Quote #169

splewis built on top of this for his CSGO version (see reddit), he's not using BOTs and promised he would share his code for us to merge his changes in.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffens..._mode_in_csgo/

so0k is my reddit user name

I'm currently learning intelliJ IDEA for node / angular development for possible future front-end

I also had a project come up (month end support in Dubai smack dab in middle of chinese new year).. so haven't had the time to work on this yet.

Last edited by Lordearon; 02-03-2014 at 01:47.
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-03-2014 , 09:06   Re: CSS BRush
Reply With Quote #170

I am turning my focus on this plugin now... should be able to test the finished CS:S and post the update, then we can work together on the CS:GO and fix it's quirky differences to make it work for CS:GO

Reading the suggestions on reddit now.

Last edited by TnTSCS; 02-03-2014 at 09:19.